Us

No Chance to Grow

 

“one..two..three..four..one..two..three..four. yes, girls! That’s why you do it!” said the choreographer to five girls who imitated his moves.

“okay i think it’s enough for today. Tomorrow, at the same time. Don’t forget to practice these moves because i won’t tolerate ‘forget’ excuse. Got it?”

“ne!” the girls answered. He nodded then went out from the practice room, leaving those five alone.

“i’m hungry..” sulli, the virtual maknae of that group pouted. She touched her tummy and rubbed it.

“ditto. We haven’t eaten since morning except a glass of milk.” Luna commented.

“let’s eat then!” amber threw her fist to the air.

“what should we eat?” sulli asked.

Amber, luna, and sulli automatically threw their gaze at the leader, who frowned because of their gaze. “what?”

“ummaaaa..we want your super yummy spaghetti.” Sulli did her infamous aegyo to persuade victoria.

“but we just ate spaghetti last night!” said victoria.

“one is never enough, umma.” Luna added. “pleaseeee..we really want it.”
“come on, we’ll be good and we promise we won’t eat the ingredients this time.” Amber grinned.

Victoria sighed then nodded. “fine. let’s go back to the dorm.” Victoria then realized tha there’s one person who never spoke since the start. She turned her head and saw the real maknae was busy with her phone, smiling and giggling.

“soojung-ah, don’t you want umma’s spaghetti?” she asked.

“come on! We can’t wait any longer!” sulli pulled her hand, trying to make soojung stand up properly.

“sorry guys, but count me out this time. I have a date.” She grinnned widely.

“oh? Taemin oppa is here??” sulli asked.

“yes. He texted me just now, saying that he’s at incheon right now. They got a week off before continuing their promotion in japan.”

“whoaaa..they’re really famous there.” Luna commented.

“someday we’ll be like them too. Just wait for a while.” Victoria said wisely.

“well..well okay then. We won’t interupt your date. Good luck with your date, princess. We’ll meet you tomorrow!” amber waved her hand then went out first followed by the others.

After the girls left, her phone rang. She smiled when she listened to her ringtone. It’s juliette, shinee’s song which made her and taemin became closer.

“oppa!” she greeted cheerfully.

“soojungie, how’s your practice?” taemin asked.

“great. We learned new moves and everything went well. I’m done already, where are you oppa?”

“i’m on the way. sorry for takin too long, i had a little trouble at airport.”

“did you lose your passport again?”

Taemin chuckled. “i didn’t lose it! i just..accidentally dropped it in the plane.”

“ckckck oppa, that’s dangerous. What if someone stole it?”

“make a new one?” taemin joked.

“yah oppa!”

“ahahaha..just kidding. Wait for me at cafe, okay? I’ll be there in 15 minutes.”

“ne, oppa. Take care!”

“you too.” Then he hung up.

Soojung took her bag and went out from the practice room. She turned right and walked straight to the cafetaria which located near the basement.

When she went downstair, her eyes landed on someone who walked slowly and sleepily. She grinned then approached that person slowly.

“she’s ma babeeeeeee yeaaaaah.” Soojung sang loudly when she stood right behind that person. That person startled then quickly turned around to see who’s the culprit.

“yah, soojung-ah! You surprised me.” he murmured. He looked so sleepy and black circle under his eyes made soojung sure that this person barely slept these days.

“you shouldn’t sleep while walk like this, jongin.” She stared at him “you even look sleepy in you teaser.”

Jongin smiled. “did you watch  it?”

“of course i did, babo! I’ve been waiting for this day! Finally you’ll be debuted! Congrats kai!” she giggled when she called him with his stage name.

“thanks..” jongin smiled weakly. He’s so sleepy and he really needed his bed now.

“you have to call me sunbae then.” Soojung said.

“ne sunbae.” Jongin replied.

Soojung frowned. “weird. You must be so sleepy. Huh okay then, go sleep. I won’t bother you.” She pouted.

Jongin felt guilty then blinked several times, forcing his eyes to open. “where are you going?”

“cafe. i’m alone for 15 minutes so i wanna ask you to accompany me. but since you’re sleepy, i think i’ll go alone.”

“i’ll accompany you. 15 minutes is still okay for me.”

“really?”
“hmmm..”

“have i told you how much i love you??” soojung jumped in joy.

“no.” Jongin replied.

“then i love you, jongin-ah!” she giggled.

“thanks.” Jongin nodded.

“that’s not how you answer when people say he loves you!” soojung protested.

“okay..okay. ck you’re so noisy.” Jongin murmured.

“yah!” soojung hit his arm, making jongin chuckled.

“i love you too, soojung-ah.” Jongin said. More than you know.

 

***

 

“you should bow and keep being humble to every people. Then they’ll like you and praise you. They’ll tell everyone how polite and nice you are. It’s actually good for your group image. “

“what if they’re really annoying?”

“bear with it.” soojung sipped her tea. “you can do nothing. You’re a rookie, so let’s say you’re at the bottom of the chain.”

“okay i got it.” jongin nodded.

“and then, don’t interact too much with other girl groups.”

“because of rumor and issue?”

“that’s right. But it’s more like hmm..what should i say.. ah! You’re taken the time you’re debuted. So, you have to  be loyal. At least for a few years before you can be a little bit free and do what you want.”

“taken?” jongin frowned.

“your fans are your girlfriends. And remember, your girlfriends would become so possesive so you have to be careful. You have to make them stick to you. By doing fanservice as much as possible.”

“hmm..noted.”

“and the most important thing..” soojung paused.

“what?”

Soojung turned her head, looking at jongin. “don’t get hurt. Take care of yourself. Remember, your safety comes first. Don’t injure yourself, don’t force yourself.”

“i will..” jongin replied.

“i’m serious.” Soojung sighed. “you’re so stubborn, jongin. I’m worried about you.”

“about what?”

“i’m afraid you’ll push yourself. I remember when we had final project, you injured your waist and still refused to rest. Don’t do that jongin.”

“i know my capacity, soojung-ah.”

“you think so. But i don’t think the same way.”

Jongin was about to reply and gave his argument when he felt someone approached them then sat between them.

“oppa!” soojung surprised.

Taemin smiled then hugged soojung for a while. “long time no see, soojungie.”

He turned his head before hitting jongin’s arms lightly. “and you too, kai.” He , making him shy because he was still not use of that name.

“stop it.” he murmured.

“kai of exo. I like your teaser by the way.” he continued to .

“yah..” jongin hit taemin’s arm lightly.

“don’t be shy.” He chuckled. “what are you guys talking about? You looked serious.”

“i gave him some important info and advices.” Soojung replied.

“nice sunbae.” Taemin her hair lovingly.

“but he kept nagging to me so that’s not nice.” Jongin added.

“tattletale.” Soojung snorted.

Taemin chuckled. “ah.. i feel young whenever i’m with you guys”

“you sound like harabeoji.” Jongin commented.

“yah!” taemin punched his arms lightly and jongin punched him too. For the next few minutes, soojung rolled her eyes because of her two favorite guys.

Having your lover and bestfriend beside you, being happy all the time, What could be more wonderful than it?