Rendezvous

No Chance to Grow

Taemin rolled his body back and forth on his bed, making minho who slept beside him got annoyed because of it. He paused his game and turned to see the maknae who kept staring at his phone every 5 secs.
"Yah, lee taemin! Don't do that!" He nagged at him.
"Sorry, hyung." He scratched his head and stopped rolling over.
Minho looked at him for a while then continued his previous activity without saying nothing. He knew something had happened with maknae because he acted weird even around them, but none of them were sure about the reason.
'To call or not to call her..' He thought. He swiftly flipped and played with the phone in his hand while thought seriously, making him slightly frowned.
Taemin sighed. He put his phone in his pocket and got up from the bed, receiving a question from minho.
"Where are you going?" He asked.
"Nowhere." Taemin answered. Minho knew what did he mean so he just shrugged and didn't ask any further. Nowhere = manager's room, the place where taemin spent his time alone.
Taemin opened the manager's room and came in, finding that no one's there. He shutted the door and approached the bed, lying on the bed and staring at the ceilling.
He took out his phone again and started searching his contacts. He stopped at soojung's name and stared at that blankly. he used soojung's pout pic as  contact picture and unknowingly smiled when he remembered how he took that pic.

"Jungie.." Taemin called her.
"No way." Soojung avoided taemin by turning her body.
"Jungie..still mad?" Taemin chuckled upon seeing her reaction. He touched her hand but she pulled it.
"I don't wanna talk to you." She firmly said.
Taemin took his phone and sneaked behind her. He quickly stood in front of her and snapped her picture. Soojung looked surprise so she started whinning at him and hit him repeatedly, making him chuckle back and forth.
"Jungie looks so cute like this." He said while pouted, imitating soojung previous action.
"Yah! Oppa! Don't use that!" Soojung tried to take the phone away but taemin was faster than her. He stuck his tongue out and ran away from her.


"I miss you.." Taemin touched his phone screen and stared at it longingly. He didn't get to talk with her since that night and to be honest, taemin felt something's missing.
After staring at it for hours, taemin gathered his courage and dialed her number. he really hoped she would answer his call since days had passed.
"Yeoboseyo.." Soojung finally answered after taemin almost gave up. Taemin startled because he didn't expect her to answer his call.
"Soojungie.." Taemin started. "Are you okay?" He asked upon hearing her voice. She sounded tired and weak.
"I'm okay." She simply replied.
"Mm.." Taemin mumbled, not knowing how to respond.
There's an awkward silence for a moment because none of them were sure how to continue the conversation.
"Jungie.." Taemin broke the silence first. "Can we talk?"
"Talk?" Soojung asked him back. She sounded confuse and not focused. Taemin didn't know whether it's just him or he did hear someone whisper near soojung, saying "go."
"Hmm..okay." Soojung finally answered, a little bit hesitated in taemin's opinion. But taemin wouldn't say anything because he desperately needed to talk and explain everything to soojung.
"Where are you? I'll pick you--"
"Just named the place. We'll meet there." Soojung cut off.
"Umm okay." Taemin unconsciously nodded. "How about the place we went in previous date? In 30minutes?"
"That's fine." She replied.
"Okay. I guess i'll see you later." Taemin said.
"Hmm..i'm hanging up." She said then hung up.
Taemin felt relieved because finally he had chance to talk and explain the matter to her. He quickly got up and went straight to the park, wanting to take a stroll before having a serious talk with soojung.

taemin arrived 20 minutes earlier than the time. he covered his head with his favorite cap and didn't wear any make up on purpose, hoping nobody couldn't recognize him. he walked around, enjoying the cool breeze. he rubbed his arms and looked around, looking for the place to sit.

taemin stopped in front of one bench under the tree. thankfully, because of the cold weather nobody's around. he sat on the bench, leaning his head against the tree, not giving a damn about his dirty cap.

taemin closed his eyes, thinking about what should he say once soojung arrived. he wouldn't lie to soojung so he decided to tell her everything. he's tired of lying and hiding those from soojung. taemin thought it's already the time to reveal everything, telling her how he felt.

taemin loved soojung, maybe not from the very start but he slowly learned how to love her. that girl was simply adorable and lovable, no one wouldn't love her. she's so caring, cute, fillial, and many more. when they started dating, taemin realized that soojung and minjung weren't the same. that's why somehow, he started to see soojung as soojung.

taemin tightened his jacket and opened his eyes. he looked at his watch and realized there's 15 minutes left before soojung arrived. he stood up, wanting to go to the nearest stall and bought hot chocolate. the woman who sold that seemed recognize him but didn't say nothing, which taemin was so thankful towards him. he went back to the bench, to find that there's someone sat there. he squinted his eyes, making sure who was that but he couldn't see her face because that person wore a mask.

'maybe that's soojung,' taemin thought because that person looked like a girl, with a long hair was. he approached her and stood in front her, saying nothing. he didn't want to be found out if that's not soojung.

that girl slowly lifted her head, looking who blocked the wind. her eyes met with his and for a moment, they stuck just like that.

"minnie.." she finally broke the silence, calling taemin with a whisper but loud enough for him to hear her voice.

"jungie.." taemin was speechless. his mind went blank and all that he could do was stare at her in disbelief look.