Autumn Date

No Chance to Grow

f(x) - You are my destiny


Taemin and soojung took a stroll along the street because Taemin wanna see the road which was lined with beautiful ginkgo trees that turned golden in autumn. At first, soojung refused taemin’s idea because she’s scare if his fans saw them. But taemin reassured her that everything would be okay and he’d take care of her. And that’s how they ended up walking around there.

taemin held her hand and looked around him. Soojung smiled when taemin held her hand and tried so hard not to grin widely or giggle because she didn’t wanna look like an idiot. But honestly, she felt happy whenever taemin acted like this. Maybe for some people, it’s just a simple skinship. But for soojung, who rarely had chance to meet her boyfriend, it means a lot.

“soojungie..” taemin called her.

“ne?”
“do you know why i love autumn so much?”

Soojung shook her head then realize taemin couldn’t see her. She quickly replied,”why?”

“because i could do this. My favorite activity is taking a walk in the tree-lined street like this. I can enjoy the scenery while feel the autumn breeze.”

“i know, the scenery is so nice. I don’t even know there’s a place like this.” Soojung smiled, looking around the canopy of gold leaves. “it’s so enchanting.”

“i know. You always like it since god knows when.” Taemin looked at the trees longingly and closed his eyes. Soojung said nothing and just watched taemin in silence.

“it’s been a while since the last time i went out to enjoy the autumn.” He said.

“because you’re so busy.” Soojung commented.

Taemin opened his eyes then looked at soojung,”you know what? Maybe we should try to do it more often. How?”

Soojung smiled at him, nodding her head slowly. “i’d love to.”

“great!” taemin chuckled. He took soojung’s hand and kissed her backhand. “my autumn goddess.”

Soojung looked away. She didn’t want taemin to see her expression. Looking at her expression made taemin chuckled. He her hair lovingly. “aigooo..soojungie is shy.”

“stop it, oppa.” Soojung still refused to look at taemin.

“ahahaha. Okay..i’ll stop. Let’s continue our date.” Taemin let her hand go and embraced her shoulders. “let’s go.”

 

After taking her girlfriend around, taemin realized that they’re already wandered around about an hour. He decided to find a place to sit or take a break because he didn’t want to make soojung tired (even though soojung was known as athletic girl, but for taemin she’s still a girl).

Taemin found a bench not too far from there and gently pulled soojung’s hand to follow him. Soojung frowned, because taemin suddenly pulled her. Her question was answered when she saw that bench.

Taemin quickly cleaned the bench and put a handkerchief on it before letting soojung sat there. Taemin was a gentleman, as always. He did many small gesture but meant a lot for the girls.

“thanks oppa.” Soojung thanked him for doing such a thing for her. One of tons reasons why many people said that they envied soojung.

“are you hungry?” taemin asked her. Soojung shook her head. “no oppa, i’m not hungry.”

“hmm..but don’t you want to eat something? I want to buy you something. We rarely see each other or go date like this but at the end it’s just take a stroll! No date without food!” Taemin insisted. Soojung chuckled upon seeing his reaction.

“why?” taemin frowned.

“oppa, you can buy me food next time. But for now, i’m actually not hungry. Okay?” soojung told him. She could see that her boyfriend was disappointed. So she changed her mind a bit.

“or you can buy me some street-food like ddukbokki or something.”

Taemin’s expression quickly changed and he stood up. “wait here, okay? I’ll be back in a few minutes. If there’s a stranger ask you to follow him, refuse it. got it?”

“oppa! I’m not a toddler!” soojung pouted. Taemin her hair then ran into the nearest food stall to buy her some food.

When taemin left, soojung sighed then rested her body against the bench. Many thoughts ran in her head. She closed her eyes slowly then let her body felt the autumn breeze.

when she was busy contemplating, she felt her phone vibrated. She quickly took it from her pocket and saw her phone screen. A phone call.

She frowned then answered the phone call. “yeoboseyo?”

“don’t sleep in the public place, jung soojung. You might be harmed.” The caller said.

“i’m not sleeping, babo.” She chuckled.

“then don’t think about anything except your date. He just go for a few minutes yet you’re sad as if he has already gone for years.”

“but wait—how did you know??” soojung realized that this person knew exactly what she was doing. She stood up and looked around. She wanna see his presence.

“where are you??”

“don’t look for me. you can’t see me. ups..you almost see me i mean.”

“you’re around here! Where are you?? Show yourself!”

“i don’t want to. Stop there, don’t go any further or he might lose you.”

“show yourself, first!” soojung groaned in frustration.

“i said no. Oh, that’s your date. You don’t need me anymore. Bye!”
“jongin-ah! Wait—aish!!” soojung snorted when realized jongin already hung up. She quickly turned around, seeing taemin approached her.

“what are you doing here, soojungie?” taemin asked.

“you take too long oppa! What if someone kidnap me?”

“they won’t kidnap you. You’re a good girl and good girl always have a guardian angel beside her.” Taemin her hair.

soojung paused before nodding her head in agreement. “i guess so.”

“so, i have a candy for you! It’s your favorite!” taemin announced proudly. Soojung stared at the candy and smiled. “thanks oppa.”

“anything for my soojung.” He grinned.

 

After their quick date, taemin took soojung home. Since soojung was the only f(x) member who didn’t live at dorm. Thankfully her home wasn’t that far from their date place so taemin decided to walk her home instead of taking subway.

They stopped in front of her gate house and stared each other.

“thanks for today, oppa.” She smiled at him.

“no, thank you jungie. I’m sorry for not asking you out often. I should’ve asked you more often like normal couple but i jus’t can’t.” Taemin felt sorry towards his girlfriend.

“it’s okay, oppa. I keep my promise. I don’t ask for more, having you is enough.”

Taemin was silent for a while upon hearing the word ‘promise’. He remembered soojung’s promise when they started dating a few years ago. He lowered his head, feeling guilty but at the same time he couldn’t help it.

“i’m sorry.” That’s the only word that taemin could say. “i’m really sorry.”
“don’t be.” Soojung sighed. She cupped taemin’s face then stared at his eyes. “i’m going inside, okay? Cheer up! I’m okay. It’s not your fault.”

Taemin stared at soojung then touched her hands. Slowly, he leaned closer to her. Soojung’s eyes widened but she didn’t manage to close her eyes.

A few cms before he managed to capture her lips, taemin stopped and lifted his head. He finally ended up kissing her temple. He her hairs and cupped her face. “good night, princess.”

Soojung nodded. “good night, oppa.” And then she went in.

 “i’m home.” Soojung said lazily.

“where have you been?”

Soojung turned her head and surprised to see her sister with a cup of coffee in her hand. “oh unnie..”

“where have you been?” she repeated her question.

“date.” She simply answered her question.

Jessica stared at her sister, studying her expression. “are you okay?”

“yup.”

“are you happy?”

“of course i am! It’s been a while since the last time i saw oppa.” Soojung smiled. “we took a stroll and saw the canopy of ginkgo leaves! It’s so pretty!”

“hhh..i wish i could have one.” Jessica sighed.

“don’t worry, unnie. You’ll get one someday.”

“someday..huh.” jessica pouted. “i have to go back to dorm now. I just stop by to get some stuff. Go sleep, okay?” she then hugged her sister and kissed both of her cheeks.

“take care, unnie.” She said.

“you too.”

After being alone, soojung entered her room. She put her bag on the chair and sat on her small couch. She hugged her knees and started sobbing. She tried hard to hold her tears since god knows when and now she couldn’t bear it.

Whenever taemin asked her out, soojung always felt two feelings at the same time. Happy, because they’ll spend time together and scare, because she knew that she might ended up crying like this after date.

And actually she always cried like this after date, but no one knew because they thought that she’s happy.

In fact, she wasn’t.