avoiding you

No Chance to Grow

"where have you been?" soojung grabbed jongin's arm once he came out from practice room.
junmyeon and kyungsoo who were   beside jongin stared each other then decided to give them time to speak.
"umm..we'll go first. see you." junmyeon smiled awkwardly and pulled kyungsoo with him.
jongin looked away, avoiding soojung's gaze. he did nothing but shrugged.
"are you mad?" she asked.
"mm..i have to go. i have to continue our practice." jongin said without looking at soojung.
"answer it first!" soojung groaned in frustration. "and what  was that...you didn't even say my name."
Jongin finally looked at her, letting a deep sigh. "soojung.." he paused. "i have to practice so bye."
and jongin walked away from her, leaving soojung who stared at him with disbelief look.

jongin had avoided her since the day she found ice creams in her mailbox.
soojung tried to call him, sent him a hundred messages, left many voicemails, but none of them were success.
the last time soojung tried to call him was last night, but soojung found out that her bestfriend already blocked her number.
that's why this morning soojung tried to find him at sm building even though she just arrived at home this dawn because of schedule. she barely slept because she kept thinking about the reason behind jongin's weird behavior.
she even forgot about her problem with taemin, which she didn't know whether it's a good thing or not.
she quickly had a shower and pulled random clothes. she tied her hair messily and went to sm building.
she waited for hours in front of practice room because that's her only chance to meet jongin. She stood there, practicing her apologize and praying silently. when their dance practice was finally over, the door bursted open and she greeted the choreographer and other exo members who came out one by one.
jongin was the last one to come out with kyungsoo and junmyeon. soojung frowned when she saw her bestfriend looked messy and exhausted.
she hoped that they'd make up and be good friends again. but soojung had to face the truth that jongin avoided her and refused to talk to her.
when jongin excused himself and walked away, soojung stayed at her place and looked at his back. she bit her lips and lifted her head, holding back her tears.
"i'll talk to him later. maybe he's really busy right now." she muttered before leaving.

unfortunately, luck wasn't in soojung's side.
jongin managed to escape from her twice: first, when she went to the restroom for a while while waited for him, jongin went without telling anyone where.
not wanna give up, he looked for him to his house but his mom told soojung that jongin stayed at one of his friend's house for a week.
the second time, they accidentally met at cafetaria. they stood there, looking at each other without saying a word.
jongin broke the silence by suddenly turning back and ran from soojung, making her surprise and following him right away. people around them looked at them weirdly but soojung could careless since she wanna talk to him.
"jongin-ah!!! stop!!" soojung yelled while ran as fast as she could.
"why did you follow me!!!" jongin yelled at her.
"please let me talk to you!!" she yelled again.
jongin suddenly stopped, making soojung surprise.
"thank god.." she muttered under her breath and approached jongin.
"oh? Taemin-ah!" jongin suddenly greeted someone, making soojung froze. she didn't want to see him yet but since jongin already greeted him, she had to. she turned around slowly, and realized that there's no taemin there.
"damn, jongin-ah! that's not--" soojung turned around and snapped at jongin.
But jongin has escaped, again.

thankfully god saw her hardwork and sorrow and decided to help her.
one morning, a week after no talk with jongin, soojung received a message from jongin's noona.

'idk what happened with both of u but i guess u guys r having a problem rn. this boy is too stubborn to speak so if u wanna talk to him, he came home after 10am after all of us already gone.'
soojung who was lying on her bed quickly got up an rushed to the bathroom. She determined to get him to talk to her no matter what happened.
so after an hour, soojung finally arrived in front of jongin's house. she opened the gate and sat on the swing, waiting for him.
15 minutes passed and finally soojung heard someone opened the gate. she quickly stood up and hid behind the wall. she looked at him and realized he got skinnier and he looked tired. it's just a week but soojung felt it's been a long time ago since the last time she talked to him.
soojung missed him so much. she missed the time they spent together, talking nonsense on the phone when soojung couldn't sleep, hanging out at cafetaria if they had a spare time or eating ice cream while walking around the sm building.
soojung missed her best friend so much.
she stepped out from her hiding place and called him softly. "jongin-ah.."
jongin froze. he stopped unlocking the door and turned to her. he looked surprise but quickly changed his expression into the straight one.
"can we talk?" she asked gently while approached him.
"what do you want?" he asked in a cold tone, making soojung slightly sad.
"it's been a while.." she started "i wanna talk to you."
"because taemin can't talk to you so you look for me, huh?" he continued.
"no!" soojung cut off. "is it wrong if i want to talk to my best friend?"
"best friend?" jongin laughed with no humor in it. "really, jung soojung? is that how best friend treat her best friend? by using him..by treating him as a secondhand?"
"you're not a secondhand!" soojung's eyes widened upon hearing his words. "stop talking nonsense!"
"it's not nonsense." he sighed. "soojung-ah..please..stop,"
"stop what? i'm not gonna stop until you talk to me." she insisted.
"i've talked to you so please can you leave me alone? i need to go in and take a rest. I'm tired." he refused to talk any further.
"but you owe me an explanation!" soojung grabbed his arm.
"explanation about what? if it's about how you said you're alone and sad, your boyfriend hated you, and all those craps and made your best friend came in the middle of night just to cheer your up and ended up with nothing because when he arrived he realized he's just being used by you....i refuse to talk." he said with a low voice. soojung looked at his eyes and saw that he's actually sad and upset.
"jongin-ah..i didn't lie to you! he suddenly came and.."
"i don't wanna listen, soojung. i'm going inside." he opened the door and went in, didn't even look at her.
Soojung gasped and ran to the door, knocking the door. "jongin-ah!!! open it!'! She yelled but still, no response from him.
"i'm not gonna move until you talk to me!" she yelled and stopped knocking the door. stubbornly stayed there and sat in front of the door, waiting for him to open the door.