Before the Storm: part 1

No Chance to Grow

(a/n: this is a flashback of taestal, before soojung figured out about taemin's past with his ex)

 




it's been 100 days since taemin confessed his feelings to soojung. taemin was always nice and sweet to soojung. he'd suddenly appear in f(x)'s practice room to gave soojung a glass of juice or something, making the girls jealous because they wished they could have a boyfriend, too. Sometimes taemin would leave a message to f(x)'s trainer and asked him to give it to soojung after practice. if he had spare time, he'd come to soojung's school, picking her up (with manager hyung as a driver of course, since he's not legal yet).
this afternoon, soojung just finished taking a shower after practicing for f(x) upcoming comeback. she lied down lazily on her bed, feeling sleepy because she's so tired.
She's about to fall asleep when suddenly the ball rang. at first, she avoided it. she wanted whoever the guest was, would leave because no one opened the door. but the guest kept ringing the bell, making soojung slightly annoyed because she's disturbed.
"ck, who is that." she grumbled then quickly took her cardigan, covering her upper since she just wore a tanktop.
"waiiiit!!" she yelled when the guest wouldn't stop ringing the bell. she quickly ran downstair and opened the door.
"oh? oppa?" soojung looked surprise. "what are you doing here? i thought you're in thailand!"
Taemin smiled, saying nothing but showed her a big cartons.
"soojungie.." soojung read what was written by taemin.
"it's been 100 days.."
"since the last time we're together."
"thank you so much.."
"for being a wonderful girlfriend for me."
"even though i'm not a boyfriend material.."
"and sometimes acts childish.."
"but you accept me and love me just the way i am.."
"thank you, jungie."
"사랑해"

"oppa.." soojung was speechless. her expression softened while he covered , looking at him in disbelief look. Taemin smiled at her, nodding.
"i love you, jungie." he said lovingly "maybe not the way people in drama do, but i love you with my own way."
"oppa..." soojung smiled, she hugged taemin abd buried her face in his chest. "i love you,too. i love you, oppa." she responded. They hugged for a while, expressing their love towards each other.
Taemin was the one who loosened the embrace first. he stared at her and caressed her cheeks. "let's celebrate it." he said.
"okay! how?" she asked.
Suddenly taemin lifted her and carried ger bridal style. soojung shrieked because taemin suddenly carried her and brought her to the car.
"o-oppa!!! where are you going?? let me go!! i can't go with this kind of clothes!" she protested. she only wore a green tanktop covered by long-white cardigan and denim shorts. the worst thing for soojung was: she wore her bunny-slippers.
"o-oppa at least lemme change my slippers." she pleaded.
"no way. I won't let you." taemin laughed.
shinee's manager helped taemin to open the door for them. as soon as the door opened, sulli came out and grinned widely at her.
"yah, jinri???" soojung looked surprised.
"happy 100th days, princess." she smiled brightly. "i'm here to help you. i'll stay here until you guys finish your celebration. have fun!"
"thanks jinri." taemin smiled.
"no problem, oppa! i love helping you guys." she clapped once. "now, i'm going in. bye!" she slightly waved then left them.
taemin carefully helped soojung got in the car. he placed his palm on her head so it wouldn't hit the car. soojung stopped asking him to let her go and remained silent. She chose to follow whatever taemin wanted to do because she strongly believed that today would be so fun!
"oppa, where are we going?" soojung asked once again.
"secret." taemin shook his head, refusing to tell her their destination. soojung pouted then she tried to ask shinee's manager.
"oppa, where are you going to take us?" she asked.
"i can't tell you since taemin don't let me." he laughed.
"conspiration.." she murmured. She slumped in her seat again and gave up on taemin because he didn't speak much.
"i'm afraid i'll accidentally spill it out." he grinned. and that's how soojung sighed and gave up.

after 25 minutes, they arrived in front of a big house. Soojung frowned because she didn't familiar with the house.
"let's go!" taemin held soojung's hand and carefully helped her got off the car.
"where is it?"
"hmm..somewhere." taemin muttered.
"oppa, what are we doing here? whose house is it?"
Taemin stopped then cupped her face. "don't ask. just wait and see. don't worry, it's my aunt's house."
"a-aunt????" soojung gasped. she couldn't meet taemin's family with this kind of appearance!
"yes, my aunt. she's so nice and she'll likes you i bet." he grinned widely. "thanks, hyung. i'm gonna call you when we're done."
"ah, thanks oppa." soojung bowed.
"have fun, guys!" he smiled. "good luck, taemin-ah."
"thanks hyung." he smirked.
taemin and soojung opened the gate and walked straight to the backyard.
"umm..oppa, i think we have to greet the owner first by using a front door, not back door." she said.
"it's okay. my aunt isn't here. she's at work." taemin assured her.
"mm..okay then." soojung relieved because she didn't have to be seen with this kind of clothes.
"oh god.." soojung gasped, covering with her palm. she looked around in awe, admiring the view in front of her.
The backyard was beautiful. there was a small gazebo in the middle of a big pond. to reach there, they had to cross the small bridge. the surface of pond were covered by lotus and soojung could see a small frog on there. Soojung had gone to many beautiful places around the world for working but this place would be her favorite.


taemin pulled her gently and walked with her on the grass. they  were silent since both of them were busy admiring the backyard. soojung could hear the sound of frog and it made her wonder if it'd rain.
Done with exploring the backyard, taemin took her to the best place which caught soojung's attention since the first time. they crossed the bridge and finally reached the gazebo. soojung saw a few box and she's so curious about the contains of it.
"what's that?" she asked, pointing at those boxes.
"you'll figure it out." he smiled.
Both of them sat on the wooden floor and taemin quickly took off his jacket and put it on soojung's lap. he clapped once and looked satisfy.
"and now, what are we gonna do?" soojung asked. "this place is too good to be true."
"do you like it?"
soojung nodded. "i love it"
"thank god." he sighed in relieve."and now..." he paused, dragging one box beside him before opening it. Soojung tried to peek inside of it but taemin quickly  closed it.
"oppa! i wanna know!" she pouted.
"that's not surprise anymore then!" he pouted.
"okay..sorry." soojung shrugged, making taemin smiled again. He grabbed something inside the box and took...
"another box?" soojung frowned. "there's a box inside the box. what's that?"
As an answer, taemin put the box on his lap and opened it. soojung's eyes widened.
"fruit cake!!" she squealed. taemin knew how much soojung loves fruit cake. so he decided to buy a yummy cake designed by fruits.


"look at this berry, looks yummy!" she admired the cake in front of her, making her looked so cute in taemin's eyes.
"aigoo..soojungie likes it." he chuckled then pinched her cheek lightly.
"i love it, oppa!" she grinned.
"hold it." taemin handed the cake then grabbed another thing inside the box. "tadaaaa!" he showed some colorful candles in a plastic.
"candles!" soojung exclaimed happily.
"let's put it and blow the candles. no celebration without a cake!" taemin exclaimed. both of them put the candle on the cake and lit it.
"what should we sing?" taemin asked, lifting the cake.
"umm..congratulation?" soojung adviced then both of them started singing. "congratulation..congratulation..umm..what's the next lyric?" taemin asked.
"i don't know." soojung giggled. "let's just blow the candles then."
they started blowing it and put it off after that.
"how to eat this cake?" soojung asked.
"don't worry." taemin grinned. he grabbed a knife, a paper plate, and plastic forks then put it between them.
"oppa you preparation is daebak!" soojung laughed at him. "it's like a magic box."
"i can do magic when i'm with you." he smirked.
"greasy oppa." soojung stuck her tongue out.
"but you love this oppa." taemin did the same, making both of them laughed again.