The gaze in your eyes

First Love

I hurriedly packed up my stuff scattered all around my table. By now, almost everyone went home already, safe and sound, chilling in comfy socks and lying down on fluffy pillows. Oh god, I just want to get all this done already, the carnival, it's so tiring. Huh !

I walked out to the corridor and the long hallway seemed creepy than it did before. Goosebumps rushed to me and I could feel a slight tingling chill. Somehow, movies of brutal highschool horror movies flashed across my mind. The dim lighting made me feel uneasy. The stomping and click-clacking of my high heels disturbed the silence of the hallways. I pushed the door, unveiling the outside world. The sky was purple and the sun was setting beautifully with shades of red, orange and yellow coming from the light rays. The outside world looked more inviting and I held out a breath.

I maundered along the sidewalk when the presence of someone coming from the opposite direction lightened up my spirit. A familiar face passed by me and there was something calm but menacing in his gaze. It felt as if we've locked our eyes for one second, that exact moment when I felt as if the world stopped suddenly. The look in his eyes, the gaze, caused adrenaline to rush rapidly in my body. I tried recalling who he was, and when my memory identified him, I froze. Kim Myungsoo. Yes, that was him. Even when I've seen him before, out of the blue, I felt as if I saw him in a different angle just now. In a way that appealed to me.

The next day, everyone was streaking from one place to the other. I was actually quite impressed by the job I've done. Everything was put into place, and the games at the booths were surprisingly receiving a lot of love than expected. I smiled to myself, pleased that everything was going as planned.

"And now, the main show that we've all been waiting for, we present you...EVOLUTION!!!" the MC shouted in a 'rock manner' causing everyone to jump off their seats and fixed their gaze on the stage. Even the boy who dozed off at the corner of the hall was startled by the sudden scream coming from well, fangirls and yes, even fanboys. They were all screaming their hearts out, trying to get attention from them. Them. Evolution. Unknowingly, I followed the crowd by paying attention to the so-called 'hot rookie band.' My eyes immediately caught the broad figure of Jonghyun, carefully setting up the mike and doing sound checks. 

How can someone be so perfect? I thought to myself. His muscular arms, pointed nose and his soulful hazel eyes were just perfectly engineered. Secretly inside, I'm leaping of joy. Seeing him perform was the best moment in my life, he looked charming and give an approachable vibe. Maybe that explains the popularity this group is gaining.

"Hey everybody, hope everyone is having a good time," Jonghyun gushed, "Um, this is a song from us, Evolution. I'm hoping everyone'll enjoy our performance," he continued and ending it with a wink. Oh, does he really have to do that? Every heart in that hall melted, I swear, and the girls in the front row wiggled and squealed excitedly. I chuckled thinking how ridiculous they were. But then again, maybe I'm just like that. Heart leaping of joy, just because a boy winked. I guess the childish part of me is still there.

"Soojung!" a voice called and I felt someone tapping me from behind.

"This is so awesome! Good thing we signed you for this!" a tall, lanky girl with petal-soft skin approached me. I flashed a grin, happy to see them.

"Hey! I'm still going to kill you guys for all this. I suffered. A lot. No way I'm going to do this ever again!" I responded.

"Haha, relax. You did awesome," the lanky girl exclaimed. 

My best girlfriends and the worst es you can find. Sulli, Jiyoung, Jieun(IU) and Suzy. I live, love and laugh with them throughout my life. As freshmen this year, we don't have anyone else to bond with. Only our classmates. To be honest, I thought I was wrecking my life by going to this school. No friends at all. Then, life took its unexpected turn and we cliqued. My life had been awesome and worst at the same time because of them. I've became more outspoken than the shy, quiet me. Maybe it's because they were so loud that I had to keep up.

"Oh my god. This is superb! Look at the drummer! He's so cute that I couldn't breathe. So cool...," Sulli already boarded a bus on a fantasy of her own. The drummer was in fact cute, though. Choi Minho; swept-back hair, sparkling eyes and rocking drum moves. What can I say, this band is too perfect to be true, even movie stars could envy.

"By the way, have you heard about Jiyeon confessing to Jonghyun?" Suzy blurted.

"OMG, seriously?" Jieun asked in disbelief.

"It's not like everyone doesn't know about it. How can she be so reckless? Hundreds of girls confess to him everyday, I bet," I replied sarcastically with a slight of jealousy. It felt like someone was poking my heart with a knife, it didn't break, but it hurt.

"I heard she did it in public. Like what? A declaration ceremony avowing that Jonghyun's hers from now on? Please. She did the same thing to Myungsoo last year too," Jiyoung can't help but bad-mouthed her. Every angle about that girl was annoying and torturing all of us.

"Good thing Myungsoo didn't care. She just has to go for the hot guys. It better not be Minho next, cause if she does that, I'll be making sure to dig her graveyard," Sulli threatened jokingly.

"We'll help," Suzy offered, raising her hand and jiggled.

"Get your shovels ready, girls. We got some dirty work to do," Sulli quipped. All of us laughed so hard, our stomach ached. Even when the hall was filled with  hardcore music blasting from the speakers, I felt as if our laughs were loud enough to compete with it.

After the performance worth of a standing ovation, we went backstage. Sulli, the most bold, confident girl I've ever known, as usual congratulated and jabbered with Minho as if she knows him that well. The rest of us stared at her, shaking our heads in embarassment. Is she trying to flirt with him? Though I admired her bravery to speak with 'the band,' I just wished I hadn't known her at that time. Too humiliating.

"Soojung," someone called my name. I turned around and the person I expected was not him.This guy was a lot skinnier and had slanting eyes. In fact, in my wildest thoughts, I would never figure out why he called my name. Or that he even knew mine.

"Oh, hey Myungsoo,"

"Jonghyun said to let you know that everything went well and thanks for everything. The band owes you big time. Oh, and if there's another gig, call us," as if trying to end the conversation fast, he walked away.

My mind was trying to process the whole thing that happened. It's like ice trying to defrost itself. Was it just me or Myungsoo just talked to me? Am I dreaming? No, no way. Why would I? The fact that he made it seemed so casual covered up the fact that was actually our first time talking. I slapped myself gently in awe. Staring in astonishment, I felt that my whole body became hot all of a sudden. Adrenaline rush? And why does my cheeks feel like they are burning? Am I blushing? This is too confusing. What's gotten into me already?

 

 

 

2ND POST. SHIP MYUNGSTAL <3 HAHA :P