My Savior

First Love

I immediately looked over the window, wishing someone would just pass by down there and noticed that I was still locked in here. Hopelessly, I could not jump out of the window since that was the 3rd floor. My hands were trembling and adrenaline surged through my veins. I grabbed hold of my S3 phone, trying to call for help but it was taking longer than usual since my fingers were shaking too much.

In the state of mind that was panicking and screaming for S.O.S., I dialled Minho's number, thinking that he might be still in school, studying or practicing his high-jumps. As I was just about to hit the dial button, the phone slipped through my hands somehow and landed on the cement floor. I sighed. Sweats trickled down my face and I cursed under my breath. Really? Out of all times, my hands just had to be slippery at that crucial moment. 

I bent down to pick it up but the disturbing sound knocked my senses. I slowly lifted my head up and I saw the creature I was hoping to just vanish. It made the hissing sound that sent shivers down my spine. That was an actual deadly vicious animal we're talking here. It might not be as dangerous, but it was still a snake. And I hate snakes.

I quickly grabbed my phone and pressed call. It was ringing and ringing, but to no avail, Minho did not answer his phone. I backed away slowly as the snake glided on the floor, hissing and hissing. 

Due to the tensed situation, I accidentally hit a glass apparatus with my hand, causing it to crash into pieces. I also realized that now, I was at a dead end, behind me was the cold concrete wall and the snake was right in front of me, as if on guard, not letting me pass it.

The snake continued to glide forward and eventually bit me my leg. I cried in pain as numbness spread through my leg. At that time, I was sweating even more and I could feel as if the effect of the bite was starting to work. The pain was getting more excruciating by the second. I did not know what happened afterwards as I felt my head getting dizzy, my eyes were starting to close and then eventually I fainted.

"Soojung? Soojung" I heard a faint voice calling me. I opened my eyes slowly and the voice became much clearer. 

"Minho?" my voice sounded weak. I looked by my side and noticed that Jonghyun and Jiyoung were there, sleeping on the couch at the corner.I was in the hospital as I could see other patients laying on their beds beside me. 

"Guys! She's awake!" Minho exclaimed excitedly, waking the others up. They lazily opened their eyes but when they realized what Minho just said, they shot straight up, perambulated straight to me with worried but relieved faces.

"What happened to you?' Jiyoung held my hand. I could feel her grip was tightened by the minute, knowing that she was more concerned than ever.

"I'm okay." I gave the best smile I could but it didn't really work.

"I thought you were just taking some notes. The next thing we heard was that you got bitten by a snake?! And you're saying you're okay?" Jonghyun bombarded me with questions just like Jiyoung.

A figure walked towards me, still in his school uniform shirt, the tie loosened and sharp piercing gaze.

"The doctor said that she could be discharged now," he informed all of us.

"Thank goodness. Soojung, you think you can get up now?" Jonghyun slowly helped me to sit straight on the bed. 

"Thank you guys. I seriously thought I was gonna die."

"Die? Soojung, don't scare me like that," Jiyoung whined and pouted. The end of my lips curved upwards into a smile. I was happy that my friends still cared for me.

"If it wasn't for Myungsoo..." Jonghyun mumbled.

"If it wasn't for Myungsoo? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh, right. Haven't I told you? This brat saved you." he replied. Save? As in him, Myungsoo, saved me?

"So sorry Soojung. I was too caught up in the high jumps that I didn't notice the phone ringing. Thank goodness Myungsoo was there and when he passed by, he said he heard glass crashing inside the lab." Minho explained the whole situation.

"Wait, what  were you still doing at school then again?" Jonghyun piped up.

"Er...just, stuff." Myungsoo replied.

"Okay, come on. If you're feeling okay, then I guess we should get going," Jonghyun said. My leg felt better but I was not able to walk on my own just yet. I cringed a bit the first time I set my foot on the floor. Minho and Jonghyun both gave me a helping hand by supporting me to walk all the way until we were out of the hospital. Myungsoo just followed us, not a single concern on his nonchalant face.

Jonghyun held a cab for me and I got in carefully. "Myungsoo, get in," Jonghyun ordered. "You have to send her home."

"Why me?" he retorted.

"Because you're the only one that knows where her house is exactly," Minho answered sarcastically.

"What about Jiyoung?" Myungsoo pointed to her.

"She's a girl. It's already late night and you're the perfect candidate. So just shut up and get in," Jonghyun said sternly. He unwillingly got in and Jonghyun closed the door for us. They waved us goodbye after Myungsoo told the cab driver of where to go.

I scoffed. He still remembered my address? Part of me was slightly happy but part of me didn't allow me to. I didn't deserve his concern, not when he was always there for me, but I never was.

Throughout the ride, it was unexceptionally awkward. We remained silent and I could see the driver stealing glances at us. He was curious as why were we so quiet thought he didn't dare to break the silence.

I peeked at Myungsoo. He was looking outside the window, in his own world. I wondered how come everything I was in trouble, he was always there to the rescue. He avoided me, ignored me, hurt me, but he was still there. Always.

But wait, maybe that was just his conscience. As a human being, you have to save someone in danger. Maybe he was doing just that. Nothing more, nothing less. If it was somebody else, he probably would've done the same thing. Yeah, that's right. This didn't mean anything. He was just being nice.

The cab finally arrived in front of my house. We got out of the cab and I slunged an arm over him so that I could walk. I glanced at him slightly and looked away when he turned his head to look at me. I heard a soft chuckle and heat rose to my cheeks. What were you thinking Soojung? Looking at him that close? 

At the doorstep, I let go of him and rang the doorbell. 

"Thanks." I mumbled, barely getting the words out of my mouth.

"It's nothing. I'm gonna get going," Myungsoo didn't talk much, as if there was a word limit. He left without another word. 

A few days after that, rumours started to spread around the school. Everyone was guessing as to why would the snake be let out of the container. There was a rumour going on about someone did that on purpose to hurt me. The bad news was I actually think someone did.

"WHAT?!" my friends yelled at me in unison. "Why are you telling this now?" Sulli exasperated. I didn't really think about it but when I heard the rumours, I decided to tell my friends about Jiyeon's evil plan I heard the other day.

"But we didn't know for sure if Jiyeon is really behind all this," I said.

"What are you talking about? For sure, she is!" Suzy retorted.

"But guys, even if she is, how are we going to proof it?' Jiyoung asked the one logical question that made sense.

Everyone was silenced. Obviously, where should we start? Jiyeon was not going to confess that she was planning something like this.

"We might be able to help," Jonghyun chimed in and naturally sat beside Jiyoung.

He was with the rest of Evolution, and this time, Myungsoo was surprisingly with them as well.

"Mr. Oh said that the key to that container is missing," Yoseob joined in.

"So meaning if we can proof that Jiyeon has the key..." Jieun started to conclude.

"She's for sure guilty!" Junho finished her sentence.

"But what should we do first?" I asked.

"Let's split. I'm sure we could find something faster this way. Myungsoo you go with Soojung," Jonghyun once again ordered him. Myungsoo was a little bit startled but he didn't bother to argue. As Jonghyun continued to split us into groups, Myungsoo grabbed my hand and dragged me away. I fumbled a bit as I followed him behind closely.

I sighed. Here came the unexpected side of him again. I was just about to forget him and move on, but it seemed like fate didn't want me to do that just yet.

 

HERE'S THE UPDATE! HEHE, I GUESS IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS THAT JIYEON DID THIS, BUT NEXT EPISODE, THERE'S GONNA BE MORE MYUNGSTAL MOMENTS SINCE THEY ARE WORKING THIS TOGETHER. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE NEW POSTER? KEKE, I LOVE IT! THANKS STARDIVARIUS :D

OH AND INFINITE'S DESTINY IS JUST EPIC!!!!!! GYU OPPA'S VOCAL AND THE CONCEPT IS JUST AWESOME! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4LFNCZCSWqSjKniQ1Lxk

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! THANKS SO MUCH FOR READING. YOU GUYS R THE BEST ~