Hurt

First Love

We were all in our t-shirts and tracksuits and were waiting in the gym. The weather was windy and foggy. We were asked to gather in the gym instead of the school field for PE. 

Suddenly, the doors to the gym bursted open dramatically, revealing the guys from Class 2. Of course, Evolution was there too.

"Today, we'll be joining lessons with Class 2 since Mr. Oh isn't around," Coach Lee announced, silencing the chaotic atmosphere. This was expected though, girls from my class shrieking with excitement when Evolution will be joining us for this lesson.

"We'll play dodgeball today and I want you to get into partners," Coach Lee ordered. Since there were uneven numbers of boys and girls, some of us got paired with boys. By that, I meant I did.

Everyone scattered around looking for partners and just when I wanted to agree with Jieun, Myungsoo walked toward me, boosting with confidence and grabbed my hand. "This one time, can you lend her to me?" he smirked to Jieun and dragged me away into the court. Undeniably, we were hawk-eyed by every single person in the gym, I think even Coach Lee gained interest in watching us. How funny is it when you became the centre of attraction in just a matter of time? Before this, people wouldn't even look at me for the second time, showing just how unimportant I was back then. Way to go Kim Myungsoo, you sure know how to draw attention.

The game started as Coach Lee blew the whistle. Every pair were dodging skillfully, careful not to be hit by the ball. Myungsoo was a better player than I thought he'd be. He even tried to protect me, as if protecting my life, risking all that he got. After half an hour, Myungsoo, Yoseob, Jieun and I were left on one side versus Jonghyun and Minho on the other side. It was Minho's turn to throw and he threw the ball aimed directly at Yoseob who seemed unarmed. The ball practically flew across the court like lightning but Yoseob was slightly more agile and faster. Unfortunately, the ball hit my leg instead.

I screamed in pain as the whole gym turned chaotic and panic. Myungsoo rushed to me and I could tell he was more than worried. My friends were right beside me as I layed on the ground, helpless. I could not even get up and walk by myself. Then, all of a sudden Myungsoo carried me and brought me to the nurse's office as told by Coach Lee. 

"Feeling better?" Myungsoo walked into the nurse's office after knocking on the door. He flashed a concerned smile as he took a seat right next to me. I lied down the whole day, without having a choice to skip all lessons on that day.

"What are you doing here? Not going home, yet?" I asked as I got up slowly, trying to sit up straight. The bell rung a few minutes ago and I was getting ready to go back. 

"How can I? Your leg, is it okay now?"

I tried to act strong and stood on my own but I failed. The sprained ankle was still preventing me from walking. I sat back down on the bed while rubbing on my feet.

"Get on," Myungsoo was crouching and asking me to get on his back. I hesitated but then what choice do I have? He was the only one there that could help me get back home.

As we walked towards the school gate trying to go home, I could sense the girls' burning jealousy boiling inside them. Kim Myungsoo, one of the Evolution was piggybacking me. There were even some snapping photos and I knew that those were going to end up on the internet. I'll probably be the most wanted person on Evolution's fansite.

"Soojung!" Jieun came running towards me with the other girls.

Myungsoo turned back and I immediately blushed. It was embarassing enough that everyone was watching this, but now my friends too? 

"Are you feeling okay?" Jieun asked me. Before I could answer, Sulli quipped, "Guess not, then. Why would Myungsoo carry you on his back then?"

I rolled my eyes and said goodbye to them. Really? They would do anything for a chance to tease me.

When we finally managed to get on the bus, I braved myself to thank him. How sweet of him. It must be really hard carrying me. I mean I'm not that light. 

"This is your number right?" he showed a phone number on his handphone's screen.

"Yea. Wait, how did you get my number?"

"From an old friend of yours. Now, it'll be easier to contact you," he smirked.

I looked out to the window and unknowingly, a smile appeared on my face. It was the most genuine smile I had since in a while. I actually felt that I was glad to have him in my life. To get to know him and Evolution. I couldn't imagine if the day where he'd be not right next to me come. I probably couldn't survive then.

 

IT'S BEEN REAL LONG, RIGHT? KINDA SHORT BUT I STILL WANNA UPDATE. THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING OKAY!!! SHIP MYUNGSTAL ~ ^^