Friends

First Love

Hugging the big pink teddy bear, I was beaming with glee. He won that teddy bear for me in one of those strength-required games. We walked up to my friends who are mingling around with Evolution.

"Really Myungsoo? A bear? Oh Jung Soojung, I envy you a lot," Suzy quipped. 

"Hyunwoo! I want one of those too," Sulli pulled his sleeves, tugging at him like a little girl asking her father to buy a toy. Hyunwoo calmly let go of her and grinned. He nodded and Sulli screamed "Yay!" She even kissed him on the cheek and Hyunwoo's eyes bulged in embarassment. Did not see that coming huh, Hyunwoo?

The rest of us just chuckled at those two lovebirds. Sulli was definitely bolder than shy Hyunwoo. 

"Hey, let's go eat! I'm hungry!" Yoseob whined. He always loves to eat.

"Good idea! But where to?" Jieun agreed while putting her hand on top of her stomach. Clearly all of us are starving now after playing all the rides. 

"Urm, there's a new place downtown. But it'll take 30 minutes to get there," Jonghyun suggested.

"Is the food good?" Yoseob questioned.

"Yea, it's totally worth it," Jonghyun answered.

"Cool with me then. I really need good food now," Yoseob said.

"You always need good food," Minho quipped. Everybody laughed. Minho was the least talkative but he never missed the chance to tease Yoseob. The two of them are so close, inseperable. A pair made in heaven, maybe? Haha.

After a long 30-minute-journey, we made it to the new restaurant. We ordered a lot especially, Yoseob, since we were fatigued because of the whole day at the amusement park. I took my phone out and sent a text to my mother, saying that I'm still out with my friends. Out of the blue, Hyunwoo called out my name and I responded, a little shocked.

"What?" I said.

"Everyone's here are deadly curious about your relationship with Myungsoo. You guys are dating, right?" he gave me an intense stare. Everyone was waiting for the answer.

"No," I denied nonchalantly.

"It's too obvious. No point in hiding it Soojung," Sulli joined in. I glared at Myungsoo and he was pretending to be busy playing with his phone. Why does everyone always ask me, not him? Obviously, if I could, I would ask him too because like the rest of them I don't even know where we stand. Friends, acquaintances or beyond that? He was the one making the moves; holding my hand, caressing me, being so concerned about me. Are we going out, or are we just messing around? Playing games, is that it?

When the orders came, we ate to our hearts' contents. The rest of the meal was filled with laughters and us talking.

Sulli fed Hyunwoo a spoonful of rice and kimchi. They were acting like any new couple, deeply in love. I looked at them and a smile appeared on my face. It eases me seeing Sulli this happy. She seemed genuinely happy unlike with the other guys before.

I could also see Suzy stealing glances at Junho. She didn't really dare to disturb Junho who was listening to his iPod, again. Man, that guy sure loves music. For a moment, I felt like these Evolution guys were making my friends out of control. A hot mess.

We were all having a good time but then I saw Jonghyun. Memories of me in the past days liking him surfaced in my mind. He's still the same old friendly Jonghyun. Then suddenly, I caught myself. I don't like Jonghyun anymore. My heart was at normal rate, looking at him from a close distance. It didn't surprise me as I knew myself just that well. If I have a crush on someone, I'll get over them in just a year. But wait, is Jiyoung staring at him? I rubbed my eyes and she still is doing that. The other day... My theory was right. So much for mind reading. My instinct was right. She seemed to like Jonghyun now. Or maybe I'm the only one who just noticed?

I sighed. If Jiyoung likes Jonghyun, I guess I don't mind now. This whole rumour that I was caught up with Myungsoo washed away my feelings toward Jonghyun. I looked at Myungsoo and I realized he hadn't said a word since we met up with everyone. There is it again! He acted like I was invisible in front of his friends. Gosh, what is his problem? I bit my lip in frustration. 

"Guys, let's go to karaoke!" Jonghyun came out with an idea. He really loves to sing, that's for sure.

"It's 10.30 already. Another hour at the karaoke? My dad would kill me," Jieun moaned.

"Oh come on, Jieun. Just for a while, okay? It's been quite some time since we went there," I said. I don't know why but I felt like singing my lungs out that night. Relieving some stress from all this chaotic mess.

Jieun called her father and informed that she would be back later than usual. Luckily, her father said okay even though in an unpleasant way.

We booked a room and Jonghyun started to sing first. He swooned the ladies over as usual, with his melancholy voice singing a slow, steady rock song.

Then, Yoseob lightened up the atmosphere by singing 'Beautiful Night' by Beast. We were all jumping up and down, dancing to the beat of the song. Even Minho and Junho didn't miss the opportunity to dance around like they've gone nuts. It was the first time we've seen them being so loose, so relax. I never knew they could goof around like silly people. Their funny dancing just killed us. We laughed so hard that I'm just thankful this room is soundproof. A new side to Evolution that showed they're human and just still teenagers. Normal teenagers wanting to have some fun.

"I'll walk her home," Myungsoo volunteered to send me home after we all decided to part ways. That ought to receive some teases from Evolution. If there is one thing I know, Evolution teases people a lot. To add that, Myungsoo was the worst of all. He would spread rumours in seconds. I wonder how he handles it now that the tables have turned. 

"You, take good care of her," Sulli said to Myungsoo, pointing her two fingers to his eyes, giving a 'I'm watching you' look.

After parting from the group, Myungsoo didn't say a word until we arrived in front of my house.

"Did you have fun today?" he asked casually.

"Yeah. A lot. Thanks, you and your friends sure know how to have fun," I smiled unknowingly. Well, that was true. I had the best time of my life that night.

"Glad to hear that. Keep that, okay" he pointed at my teddy bear. 

"Don't worry. It's in safekeeping,"

"So I guess, see you at school?" 

"Yea. See you at school"

He turned around and walked a few steps away. 

"Myungsoo!" I shouted. 

"What? Miss me already?" he smirked.

"What is us actually? The guys kept on asking are we like, you know..."

"Going out? Like boyfriend and girlfriend?"

I nodded slightly embarassed. It's so wrong to ask like this. I mentally scolded myself in the head when he finally gave out an answer.

"The answer, is...with you," he chuckled and walked away just like that. He left me standing alone in the cold night and I could feel something that I felt the first time I heard his name. A gush of cold air crashing into my arms. An uneasy feeling tingled inside me.

I was left to wonder what he actually meant. Kim Myungsoo, why do you have to do this to me? 

 

 

 

I FINALLY MANAGED TO POST ALL 10 CHAPTERS! SCHOOL IS GOING TO START, SO NO MORE EVERYDAY UPDATES :( SORRY... HEHE, BUT I'LL STILL UPDATE WHENEVER I CAN! SHIP MYUNGSTAL AND INFINITE ! :D ^_^ THANKS FOR COMMENTING, SUBSCRIBING AND READING THIS!