Truth Prevails

First Love

I slowly opened my eyes. Everything seemed dark, still. I glanced to the side and only the bedside table lamp was on. I tried to get up as I felt the headache has lessen a bit. 

I squinted my eyes to where a blurry visage was standing in front of me. 

"Myungsoo?" I asked, still in bewilderment.

"Don't move too much. You still need some rest," he answered.

I rubbed my eyes and yes, it was him. What is he doing here? Why is he even here? Wait, why am I here? Then, suddenly, I remembered the whole scene where I accidentally met Myungsoo in the elevator, the long ride and how I fall unconcsiouly to the floor.

"Why are you doing this?" I inquired. 

Myungsoo the lighting of the room and walked closer to me. "I didn't turn on the lamp cause I thought I'd wake you up," he kept on talking without answering my question.

"Now that you're awake, I'm going back to my room," Myungsoo was about to leave when I grabbed his wrist unknowingly. The curiosity that was boiling inside of me must've driven me to be more forward.

"Answer me," I pleaded.

"When someone just pass out in front of you, of course you'll save that person right?" he bluntly answered without looking at me.

"Well, that and...why have you been ignoring me?" I bravely asked the one question I've been dying to.

He let go of my hand and I could see he was trying to leave to avoid this question.

"Yah! Kim Myungsoo! Until when do you plan to ignore me?!" I furiously yelled and threw a pillow at him. 

He looked back and cooly said, "Do you really want to know?"

I glared at him while biting my lip. Dude, isn't it obvious?

A text from Soojung made Myungsoo grinned from ear to ear. He was walking down the road in New York when he suddenly bumped into a girl as he was too engrossed in replying the text.

"Sorry," he bowed as he looked back to the girl he bumped into.

"Myungsoo? Oh my god, what are you doing here?" the red-haired girl flashed a plastic smile on her face.

"Park Jiyeon?" Myungsoo was clearly shocked to see her there.

The two of them went to a cafe just at the corner of the road and chatted as if they were best friends. Park Jiyeon always like to act close around everybody wasn't it?

"I wanted to ask something. Do you like Soojung?" she certainly seemed like she had an ulterior motive.

"Why do you care?" Myungsoo hissed.

"It's just that...I don't think she likes you. I know, stupid right, I mean, you are Kim Myungsoo," she took a sip from her frapuccino.

"What's your point?"

"My point is that if the girl you like doesn't like you, shouldn't you just, I don't know...move on? And plus, Soojung has been complaining to me how much burdensome it is to be close to a rockstar like you."

"She..said that?"

"Yeah, you do know we're classmates and not just that, I'm close to her. I bet it's obvious that she's suffocated with this whole fame and fangirls. You know, I even heard some crazy fangirls said they were going to hurt Soojung cause they think she doesn't deserve you."

Myungsoo didn't want to believe it but Jiyeon's words were ing him like swords.

"Trust me, it's for Soojung's happiness. She doesn't like you and she hates this whole celebrity act. She can't say it right to your face cause she's too nice. But me, I'm being a nice friend to tell this to you, aren't I'm right? So, if you would, just please, leave her alone"

"How can I? I can't just leave her"

"Yes you can. You just ignore her and you'll see she'll be happier after this. Myungsoo, you can choose not to believe this, but you're just hurting the one you love."

"Jiyeon said that?" I asked after Myungsoo explained everything.

"Yup. Even if it is not true, I don't want to trouble you with all the rumours and crazy fangirls. A girl like you deserves better," Myungsoo sat on my bed and as he moved closer toward me I could feel the butterflies in my stomach again. I thought I hated this guy to death, but I guess I don't.

Without hesitation, he planted a kiss on my lips and I closed my eyes. It was the kind of feeling you couldn't describe because it was too good to be true.

He backed off and asked the most crucial question even I was afraid to answer, "Do you like me?"

I was so taken aback by his question and my lips went frozen like ice. The truth is I don't know what I'm feeling now. I hate you so much but sometimes I feel comfortable being around you. When you ignored me, I feel like I was going to go crazy not talking to you but just as I was about to give up, you started talking to me. You kissed me. You keep on giving me mixed signals. And now, I'm just confused, more than ever. 

After what seemed like forever, he scoffed and said,"Just like I thought." He immediately got up and left the room leaving me dumbfounded. 

I felt like I should've said something but what should I say? Argh, why am I so confused like this?!

After a half an hour, Sulli came into my room. I was stunned to see her. Sulli, the life of the party, leaves early?

"Why are you here?" I asked concernly.

Out of the blue, she broke into tears and let herself fall onto the bed. She was covering herself with her hands and crying non-stop. Shocked, I sat down beside her and her hair. I tried to console her even though I knew comforting people was not my expertise.

"Hyunwoo...Hyunwoo, he's doing this to break my heart isn't it? Isn't it Soojung? But I hate it cause he actually did," Sulli confessed. I had never seen her like this before. I've never seen her desperate and heart-broken. More than that, I never saw her crying.

"What did he do?" I calmly asked.

"He...he changed. He made me changed. I mean, this is not me, right?" she looked up to me, trying to give out a smile beneath those tears that were cascading down her rosy cheeks.

"He has another girl now. Someone better, prettier, more worthy of me. I know I said that it was me who dumped him but why does it feel like it's the other way around? Minho? He's just a nice friend helping me getting over Hyunwoo," she continued.

Now, everything makes sense. I guess karma just bit back at Sulli. She had always been so nonchalant about relationships and never took them seriously. Look at her now, being dreadful in her own mistakes.

For the whole night, I thought of Sulli and Hyunwoo. We had a true heartfelt moment as she poured out every last bit of her sadness, regret and jealousy. It was the first time I saw Sulli actually being a girl with a heart. The whole perky act covered up the fact of the inside of her that was so fragile. I guess what people said is true, behind a bright and sunny personality of someone, lies something much deeper and darker inside. Everything is not always what it seems.

After Sulli managed to calm down, she went back to her room which is right next to mine. I was left there, in my room, thinking about Myungsoo. Only now, do I have the chance to thoroughly sort my thoughts. Kim Myungsoo. He is one of those typical popular jocks who's in a rock band and he decided to make you go crazy for him. And once that happened, he stopped, mockingly displayed an act to show me how much I had fallen head over heels for him. Then, suddenly, he'll just be your hero once again and kissed you, hoping the plan for you to be infatuated with him to continue.

Argh, I hate that! I hate those kind of jerks who think so mighty of themselves that they think they can get any girl they like. I, Jung Soojung, has a pride and ego that could match a guy's. Not just anybody is going to take that ego down. Maybe that's one of the reasons I feel so embarassed about confessing my feelings to any guy. I felt like I have this pride to protect my feelings from anybody's knowledge. That's what I'm doing now.

I sighed and decided to just call it a day. Tomorrow is going to be a new day and hopefully, I would be able to figure out this mixed feelings I have.

"Okay so, I think we should do it by servants again," Jieun said passing the cable car tickets to the people in my group. Today we were going snowboarding so we took the cable car to get up there. Since we won yesterday's treasure hunt, we got free tickets while the others have to buy for themselves.

We patiently queued up, side-by-side with partners that we were going with into the cable car. Myungsoo and I awkwardly queued up together especially after what happened last night. We hadn't talk about it nor talked anything at all. I didn't tell anyone about it and I don't think the other guys knew about it either.

As we got onto the gondola with open view fit for 2 people, Myungsoo acted as if he was a gentleman toward me. Only along the journey up to the mountains do I figure out why. Apparently Jonghyun had urged him to be nicer to me without knowing the whole Jiyeon thing. Speaking of Jiyeon, I hadn't talk to her yet. I don't know how to start the conversation as all this time we were both putting up an act in front of each other.

I kept on thinking of why and why would she do that? Yes, I hate her but that's not enough to drive Jiyeon to do something as ridiculous as this. What in the world is Jiyeon's motive? Why did you do that, Park Jiyeon?

CHAPTER UPDATE! THE PART IN ITALIC IS MYUNGSOO'S FLASHBACK. COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND ENJOY~