Rumour

First Love

"Wait I thought you liked the other one, erm...what's his name? Minho" I asked in bewilderment. This girl just has guys all around her, I thought.

"Oh, he's no fun anymore. Hyunwoo's funny, sweet and cute. Minho's just so boring, acting all cool," Sulli showed a disgusted face. Well, Minho is the kind of guy who acted all cool and all but she used to worship him because of that reason exactly. I sighed and my other friends scrutinized the little bracelet in Sulli's grasp. Hyunwoo must really liked Sulli but truth be told, it's not her I'm worried about, it's him. Sulli changed her heart really quick, and this was not going to last.

I stood and walked out of the classroom. I don't care what Sulli's "new boyfriend" would give her, because I swear guys would pour their hearts out for Sulli. I bet she could open up a store and sell every gift back. Maybe it's the cute baby-face she has or maybe it's her own skills that guys would confess to her almost everyday. Sometimes, I felt really sick about all of this. But other times I envied her. She always knew what to do with guys. I on the other hand, has no experience at all. No matter how much I want the attention, I just could not muster up the courage needed to confess or to make a move. At the end of the day, I always lost.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a sec?" Myungsoo approached me. I was a little startled but still, I nodded. I followed him down the stairs and into a hidden corner. Why do I get the feeling he's trying to not be seen by anyone when he's with me?

"So what is it?" I asked.

"Um...Jonghyun asked me to ask you that...oh yeah, any other gigs?" Myungsoo seemed to be searching for words.

"Hello? Am I your manager or something" 

"Just thought you'd know..." his eyes trailed off as if he saw something behind me. I turned and there was no one there.

"Funny, I thought I saw someone," Myungsoo muttered. The bell rang and we parted ways. Myungsoo was acting even stranger by day.

 

"Where were you? We've been looking for you everywhere," Jiyeon exclaimed. I took a seat next to her and put my tray of cafeteria food on the table.

"Just somewhere," I answered bluntly. It's not that meeting Myungsoo was a secret, it's just not that big of a deal for me.

"Guys!!! Look at this!" Suzy came running to us carrying her LV bag on one hand, and her SIII Galaxy phone on the other. She panted while showing her phone to us. My eyes bulged in shock as I read the caption of the photo 'Myungsoo and Soojung secretly dating?!'

My friends all stared at me in disbelief. I grabbed the phone from Suzy's hand and the screen showed the photo that seemed to be from my conversation with Myungsoo earlier. I could not believe someone would make this a big deal for nothing.

"What's going on?" Jieun asked, waiting for an explanation.

I tried to speak but no words were coming out from my mouth. I never expected that this will be that big of a deal. I scrolled down and I saw the ID of whom posted the photo and stirred up this mess. I scrutinized carefully and the familiar face was the girl from that carnival. Yes, she knew everything and everything. It's like she's this school's paparazzi making up scandals to create publicity for the school's rookie band. She gossips everywhere, spreading stories. The downside of this was, everyone always believe what she said. Maybe because almost all of the stories she told, were true indeed. But in my case? No, no this couldn't be it. I am not dating Myungsoo. I am not dating anybody. We barely knew each other and we rarely talked face-to-face. This nonsense could ruin my life considering the number of fans Evolution has. Those girls are not going to be happy.

"Care to explain? Since when do you get all friendly with him? Are you guys going out? Why didn't you tell us? Why are you not answering?" Sulli bombarded me with questions, full of curiosity.

I inhaled deeply and let out a deep sigh,"Nothing's going on. We were just talking, that's all. Don't tell me you guys actually believe this ridiculuos rumour."

Their faces were half-believing, half-curious of what was going on. They just smirked and kept on eating, making me feel uncomfortable and awkward with this whole thing.

The final lesson was over and I head out of class to my locker. I could feel eyes darting towards me, whispers could be heard all around and I pretended to not listen. I closed my locker with a bang and walked straight towards the door. I know Evolution was popular but this was too much. I felt like I was caught up, entangled in this fame and celebrity life.This whole scandalous issue was so irritating and turning my life upside down. I've always hated when people said untrue things about me. 

I don't have any feelings towards Myungsoo. Do I?