A Day with You

First Love

It was Sunday. My phone on the bedside table would not stop ringing for the past fifteen minutes. I sighed and searched for the phone without getting up. 

"Hello?" my voice clearly sounded like I wasn't out of bed yet.

"Are you still sleeping? It's 11 am already! Wake up sleepyhead or we're going to be late!" Suzy's voice could be heard on the other line. She was sounding impatient by the second.

"What are you talking about?"

"Um, hello? Amusement park hangout, remember?"

I opened my eyes and got out of bed immediately. Shoot! I totally forgot we were supposed to go there today! It's been a long time since all 5 of us went out to have some girl time. "Right. I'll be there soon" I ended the call and tossed my phone on the bed. 

After showering, I put on a sleeveless blue top with denim jacket on top and a pair of worn out jeans. I scrammed quickly and took the 41 bus leading to the amusement park. Although the bus is kind of packed since it's a Sunday, I managed to get a seat at the back of the bus. I let out a sigh because I could finally sit down for a while after all the rush in the morning. Why didn't I remember our plans of going to the amusement park? If I did, I would've been more organized, no rushing whatsoever.

"Is this seat taken?" a voice interrupts my thoughts. I looked to the side and my oh my, what kind of game is fate playing here? It was Kim Myungsoo.

"No," I answered. I was trying to play it calm to hide my anxiety around him. 

"Going to the amusement park?" he asked. I nodded slightly. The memory of us on the school rooftop was still fresh in my mind. How could he act like nothing happened at all? Gosh he made it look easy to pretend like that.

"Well I guess I'm coming too," he bluntly responded. 

"What? You? Why?"

"Cause you'll be there. I told you it's always fun when you're around"

"No, no, no. You can't go. Today I'm having some girl time with my friends. It would be weird if you're the only guy there"

"If that's the case, I'll just call up the guys. We haven't been to an amusement park for quite some time" he took out his phone trying to dial one of his Evolution friends but I quickly prevented him from doing so. I didn't want my friends to feel burdened with them. After all we weren't that close with Evolution, just happened to be linked in certain unexpected ways.

"Where the hell is she? Ugh, how long do we have to wait?" Sulli whined. 

"Wait no more. I'm here!" I tapped her shoulder and all of my friends turned around and exclaimed "Soojung!" as if they found what they've been looking for.

"Er, I thought this was supposed to be us having some 'girl time," Jieun noticed Myungsoo standing behind me.

"Don't ask. He wanted to tag along" I shot a him a glaring look but my friends just giggled.

"Too cute. It's cool, Soojung. You could go on your little date. Us single ladies won't mind" Suzy motioned me to go as if trying to chase me away.

"See, I told you we should've just called the guys" Myungsoo finally spoke up.

"Just call them then. Than you won't be so awkward around us!" Suzy said hopefully. Being the mind reader I was, I knew Suzy was secretly telepathing Myungsoo to ask Junho to come here. I scoffed and said "I thought this was supposed to be girls having fun together?"

"Hey don't look at me. You're the one that brought your boyfriend in the first place," Suzy retorted.

"Yeah, if I knew, I would've asked Hyunwoo too," Sulli expressed her true thoughts. So much for girls hanging out together.

"So should I...ask the guys?" Myungsoo chimed in.

"Yes!" my friends agreed all at once.

After Myungsoo made the call, he said that all Evolution members'll be there plus Hyunwoo and that they will meet the girls at the main entrance. He used that as an excuse to snatch me away from my besties. I could hear the sound of my friends teasing me in the background. Pfft, those es, I swear I'm going to kill them later.

We went on to ride the scariest ride of all, the biggest, heart-thrilling roller coaster there. As I put on my seatbelt on the ride, Myungsoo blurted "Hold my hands if you're too scared" with a mischievous smirk.

"In your dreams, jerk," I stuck out my tongue at him playfully.

The ride began and seating at the front just doubles the thrill. The steep falls and sharp curves made the whole thing a lot more nerve-wrecking. I screamed my lungs out as I closed my eyes. This was fun yet thrilling! Suddenly I felt my hands intertwined with his hands. I tried to look at him. Why did he do that, was he..scared? 

We got off the ride and decided to eat some ice-cream.

"Two vanilla in cones please," Myungsoo ordered for me without asking again. Then again, he knew what I like.

Next, we went to the Ferris wheel. Since there were only the two of us, things got a little awkward along the ride. Surprisingly, I was the one to start the conversation, "Thank you for the other day. I've been more optimistic and tried to not care of what other people think since then," I showed a sincere smile. He did after all helped me calm down most of the time.

"You're welcome. My whole life is about ignoring people, I never really bother what they say,"

"Must be easy being you, huh? You don't care about others but others would give up their life for you if they could"

"Not that easy. Sometimes, I'm really bad at expressing what I feel. Like when I care about my friends or fans, I just keep on acting like they don't exist"

"You express it quite good when you're with me," I scoffed. "Why did you hold my hand earlier?"

"Because I was..scared?"

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow full of suspicion.

"Hey, roller coasters are not my thing, okay,"

"Then, riding this is?"

"Nope, not this too," he grab hold of my hand and placed it over his lap. I was stunned and speechless, and for throughout the whole ride, I remained silent.

 

 

HEY GUYS! MY BREAK IS ALMOST OVER AND BY TOMORROW, I'LL POST CHAPTER 10 IF POSSIBLE. AFTER THAT, I MIGHT UPDATE LATER THAN USUAL. SORRY... BUT NOW MYUNGSOO AND SOOJUNG IS GETTING MORE TIME TOGETHER. KEKEKEKE ^_^ LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, OK? THANKS FOR SUBSCRIBING <3