Moving On; Mission Failed

First Love

I stared at the banner hanging in front of the main building of my school; Winter Dance. I sighed. I almost forgot that the dance is almost here. When I was a freshman, I dreamt of going to that dance, arms linking with my soon-to-be boyfriend. I never dated before nor have I loved anyone, but I always imagined it like a little girl fantasizing of the perfect prince charming she could never have.

"Thinking of going with someone special?" Jieun appeared out of the blue and put an arm around me.

Startled, I removed her arm off me, and said, "No. In fact, I'm handling this whole thing. There's no time for dates."

"Wow, just look at you now. You should be thanking us, then. You say you can't handle events, but look at you now! Thanks to us, we're enjoying such awesome events."

I grinned. That was, some sort of true. Well, in both parts. Somewhere in the back of my mind, Myungsoo was still there. Somewhere in my heart, I secretly hoped I could go to the ultimate dance with him. I just busied myself with this whole handling dance thing because I didn't want to think much about you. I already made up my mind. I had to move on. I had to!

"Okay, today we will study on the factors affecting the habitats of reptiles. Partner up and I want a full report on my desk by the end of this week," Mr. Oh began the lesson.

Everyone started moving grabbing the necessary equipments with partners by their side. I walked up to Mr. Oh since apparently Suzy decided to not show up today, out of all days. I couldn't do this alone, I meant a full report? How was I going to finish that on my own?

"Mr. Oh, I...don't have my lab partner...," I finished my sentence in unison with someone else. I turned to my side and I saw Myungsoo. 

"Then why don't you guys just pair up then? Problem solved," Mr. Oh gave us a smile and went to check on the other students.

I stared blankly at him. Again, I could my heart thumping, racing, beating so damn fast that I felt like it was going to fall of. I held my chest to feel the adrenaline surge. How would I ever get over this guy?

That was one long Biology lesson. Out of all the boring ones I had, that was the longest of them all. Time kept on ticking but never seemed to move. God how I wished Suzy would just appear magically in school and save me from this awkward moment. We didn't say anything at all, literally. He pretended to be busy with the experiment and I played along. This was killing me! 

"Ring!!!" the bell finally rang indicating recess. Finally! I immediately took of my gloves, grabbed my bag and fled the scene. I did not bother about Myungsoo. Yeah, that was the point. If I wanted to move on, I had to do this.

I headed straight to the school gym to check on the preparations for the Winter Dance. Everyone was working so diligently and fast. Well, we obviously need to since we were going to hold the dance a week from now. I had to handle the whole theme, lighting, etc. On top of that, since this is the most awaited event in school, I had to make sure everything was perfect.

"Ah...this is so tiring!" I groaned as I took a sit next to Sulli and put down my tray of cafeteria food. I grabbed a bite of the hamburger and I soon realized the girls were staring right into my face.

"What?" I asked with my mouth still chewing the hamburger. I wiped off my mouth with a tissue but they didn't even budge.

"We saw you guys," Jieun started talking.

"Who?"

"You know who," Sulli chimed in.

"Who?"

Jiyoung let out a frustated sigh and said, "Myungsoo. You and Myungsoo, at the Biology lab earlier."

"So?"

"So, what happened? Did he say anything? I don't know....maybe ask you to the dance?!" Sulli squealed next to me and I shot her a death glare. 

"No. Nothing happened." I stated firmly. I stood up from my chair and grabbed my bag.

"Where are you going?" Jieun asked.

"I lost my appetite," And with that, I stormed off leaving them dumbfounded.

The truth was I was trying to stay away from those thoughts. The thought of being close with him again, the thought of him actually having the kind heart to ask me to the dance. AHH! I was doing it again. Get your head right, Soojung. There was no way he would ask you to the stupid freaking dance. Argh! Screw this! Screw this damn dance! Screw you, Myungsoo! I blew my fringes in agitation. I couldn't believe that I was stil having hopes for you. 

Why and how did you make it seemed so easy?! You could just pass by me like a total stranger, and I, would stare at you stupidly while you didn't even turn around to give a second look.

I washed my face and grabbed some tissues to wipe my face. I face palmed myself while looking at my reflection. What had gotten into you, Jung Soojung? It wasn't this hard to forget a guy before! Wake up, Soojung! He is over you!

I walked out of the toilet and I stopped my tracks when I saw Myungsoo. Well, at least I thought I did. I squinted my eyes and walked a bit closer. Only to realize that wasn't him. It was someone else, some other dude. I mentally knocked myself in the head. Something was obviously wrong with me. That had been the third time this week. I thought I saw him, but it was somebody else. It was always somebody else. And when I wasn't looking, he appeared out of the blue.

Something was clearly wrong with me. That was the first time I experienced such bizarre incidents where most of it involving my mentality. Had I gone crazy? Aisy, I have no idea!

Recess was over and I went back to class. I entered the as so usual noisy classroom and I was stunned to see Myungsoo there. He was sitting at my deskmate's place, seemingly waiting for someone.

I took a place next to him and stared. How ridiculous was this?

"Now, I'm even seeing things. Ahhh, what to do?" I mumbled. I touched his face and examined his perfectly sculptured nose, eyes, everything. This imagination was freaking vivid! How scary was this?

Suddenly, this imagination of mine stood up and received something from my guy classmate. He left the scene and I shoot my eyes open. Damn it!

"That was Myungsoo?" I asked my classmate.

"Yea..." he replied hesitantly. He looked as if like I'm an alien from the outside world not to know who Myungsoo was.

I sat down and buried my face in my hands. Nice job, Soojung! Just another humiliating joke he'll get to tell his friends.

After school ended, I walked to the front gate only to realize my friends were discussing something with Evolution minus Myungsoo. Weirdly, they parted ways after I arrived. Except for Jiyoung and Jonghyun.

"Jiyoung, I need to borrow your Biology notes," I said.

She searched for it in her bag and apparently she left it in the lab. "Shoot! I totally forgot. I'll go and get it."

"No! I'll go. You guys are going to go for a date, right?"

"It's okay, Soojung. I'll go." Jiyoung protested.

"No, it's fine. Plus, it's just some notes. Don't wanna be late for the date."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yeah." I said reassuringly. "Plus, guys hate to wait," I whispered and Jiyoung chuckled.

"Then, we'll go first. Bye!" Jonghyun waved and I waved back.

Now, the notes. Ugh, if it wasn't for the Biology report, I wouldn't have to re-study this chapter. So bothersome!

As I got in there, I searched for her notebook. Notebook, notebook, where is it?

"Bam!" I heard the loud sound and turned around. The door, it was locked.  I immediately shaked the doorknob and banged on the door.

"Hey! Someone's in here! Hello?!" I panicked.

"Not funny! Get me out of here!" I was starting to sweat. Suddenly, I heard a hissing sound.

My heart stopped beating for a moment and I tiptoed to the back. My biggest fear was right. The snake...it was supposed to be inside that locked container. Uh-oh, what should I do now? 

REALLY APPRECIATE ALL THE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBES! HEHE, I'VE BEEN QUITE BUSY LATELY. SUPER SORRY. AND YEAH, I KNOW, CLIFFHANGER. KEKE, GUESS WE'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE ^^ THANKS FOR READING :D