Blushing Butterflies

First Love

I inspected the bottle, full of questions lingering inside my mind. This is not just a mere prank. This seems exactly like what it is. There was a sheet of paper inside it all wrinkled up. Even the bottle was crumpled as if someone had ruin it on purpose. On that paper, two names were written, clearly could be seen from the outside; Myungsoo  Krystal. If Myungsoo is the Kim Myungsoo, then Krystal is supposed to be me? I knew that my name Soojung meant crystal in English, that's the reason why my mom chose it in the first place. But if all of this is true, than does that means he likes me?

"This is the bottle I told you about. I just thought you really are dating him," a girl with full-black-framed glasses handed me the bottle. She was the least talkative girl in the whole school, and although I recognize her face, this is the first time I heard her talking. Even she made a big deal out of this. I sighed.

According to her, she found that bottle lying on the floor, as if someone left it perfectly there for it to be found. She said that those Evolution guys were messing around with Myungsoo, teasing him and even to the point of doodling such ridiculous things like putting his name and my name together. Not in a direct way, I suppose. But come on, Krystal is kind of obvious to everybody.

"Thinking of someone?" someone whispered into my ear, like real close, disturbing my thoughts. I turned around and Jieun was there, standing right behind me, giggling. My reflex immediately hid the bottle under the desk and I was hoping she didn't see it.

"Maybe Myungsoo?" she inquired, wiggling her eyebrows. 

"No," I denied fast, without thinking. Maybe too fast though because now she has the 'I know everything' look on her face.

"What's that under the table?" she calmly asked. Damn it, she noticed.

"Nothing, just scraps,"

"Keeping secrets now huh?" Jieun tried her best to get the bottle. I on the other hand, tried preventing her from getting her hands onto that bottle. If she read what's on that paper, I'm screwed.

"Lee Jieun!" I screamed at her but it was too late. She was already smirking with her eyes glued to the bottle.

"It's not like what you think, okay" I rebutted. "Someone gave me that, telling those Evolution guys were playing pranks on Myungsoo by writing that."

"Mmhmm. Why? Oh, wait, maybe it's because he likes you!" she snickered.

I took the chance to grab the bottle and then threw it into the dustbin. I stomped myself away from her because if there is one thing I can't stand in this world, it's people teasing me. It's irritating, annoying, making you feel like want to jump of a cliff just to get away from those teases. 

I strided down the hallway, pouting in annoyance. The looks that everyone gave me was still the same, I could feel it. However, I did not care to revolt at the moment. I entered the bathroom and washed my face. I need some peace already! Ugh, with the teasing and crazy stares of those fangirls, this is too much to handle! I might just go off dating a real celebrity since I'm pretty sure the aftermath is pretty much the same.

I looked up in the mirror and stared at my reflection. What did I ever do to get into this whole mess? The overflowing attention, it was too much. I was never used to any of this. In middle school, I've always been in the background, hoping for someone to notice me more. But now, I realized being in the spotlight is not that fun. Especially when it's because of some scandal.

I got out of the bathroom as soon as a group of girls walked in, with eyes full of hatred and disgust. I could tell they are one of those Myungsoo-biased fangirls. Criticzing me was the only way keeping them sane. When I walked out, I bumped into someone because I was looking down the whole time.

"Depressed much?" 

I looked up and saw Myungsoo. Him again? Perfect timing. I didn't really feel like talking so I just decided to walk away, bailing on him.

Suddenly, he prevented me from moving forward. "Let's go" he grabbed my hand and streaked on his own will, without warning.

"Kim Myungsoo! Where the hell are we going?!" I yelled at him but he didn't responded. 

I could feel all eyes were staring at my strange behaviour, or should I say Myungsoo's strange behaviour. The more I wanted to avoid him, the more persistent he became. Everything looked like it was coming to make sense, but it wasn't quite there yet. As if jigsaw puzzles were trying to match together to form a new picture. There were still a few questions left to be answered.

Soon, we arrived at the school's rooftop. It was much, much calmer up there. No one was there. No gang fights or the janitor cleaning up the area. Myungsoo stood at the edge of the rooftop and I followed his steps. The fragrance of small flowers blooming wafted from all around. Spring, was just lovely.

"When I feel stressed out, I always come here. It's quiet and calming. Nothing's much here, but sometimes I just need some alone time. Away from those fangirls, away from being a keyboardist, away from classes," he began to talk all of a sudden.

"Why did you take me here then?"

"I noticed how stressed out you've gotten lately. And I know it's because of me. I'm sorry. Really, this whole rumour is a pain in the right?" 

"Well, yeah, but you don't have to be sorry. Wait, maybe you do. Dragging me away today in school just drew much more attention. And barging in the party, the not denying part. Yeah, you should be sorry" 

"That's the price for being a rockstar and also for being this cool," he awkwardly gave out a fake cough.

"Pfft, rockstar? Cool? Yeah, right"

"What? It's true. Try being in my shoes for once, you'll know I'm not lying"

"Why don't you just stay away from me, then? You keep on coming near, as if those rumours didn't exist. You just create a bigger misunderstanding,"

"It's not as easy as you think. Staying away from you, I can't imagine that. Soojung, look at me, I don't care what those people say or think. No matter how much they tease, I don't give a damn. The gossiping? Let them be. Just ignore it, for me, okay?" he caressed my pink-tinted cheeks and looked straight into my eyes.

There's that thing again. Something funny I feel inside my stomach. 

I stepped back and looked away. My cheeks felt so hot, burning with embarassment. No guy had ever done that to me. I cleared up my throat and said, "We should get going. Class is starting later"

I went down the stairs, not bothering whether he was following me or not. I fastened my pace by the second, hoping he'll lose my track. I just wanted to run away from him at that time. What just happened? This is all so new to me. God, I wished someone could explain what was going on.