Summer

First Love

Summer is finally here! The best season of the year and I couldn't wait to hang out with my friends at the beach. I love the beach. The crystal clear blue sea, the fresh breeze, the beautiful ray of sunlight, everything. The best part of it is a whole long vacation away from school.

"I'm just totally curious about this, Soojung. Erm...Are you and Myungsoo like...going out or something?" Jiyeon blurted out all of a sudden.

I calmly took a sip from my Americano. "No, how many times do I have to clarify that?" I asked, a bit flustered.

"Oh, okay," Jiyeon gave up interrogating me. 

Beep! I checked my phone and a message just came into my inbox. Unknowingly, a smile carved onto my face when I saw the sender, Myungsoo. I opened it and quickly typed a reply back.

"Myungsoo?" Suzy tried to peek through. Nowadays, I feel like my girls are watching my every move.

"Er...No, nobody. I mean it's just my mom," I lied. I didn't know why I did it but I just did.

After a long day of hanging out at my favourite cafe, I decided to rest at home that night. We did everything from shopping to shoe shopping to shoe shopping to spa to manicures and pedicures and finally dinner. It was a good old ladies' hangout. I hadn't been able to spend much time with my girls ever since Myungsoo appeared. It's not that I abandon them, more like they encourage me to go with Myungsoo. Trust me, these girls would do whatever it takes to make sure I go with him.

Beep!

Another text? I searched in my Kate Spade sling bag, trying to find my phone. Why did I stuff everything in here? Ugh, where is the freaking phone? Just then, my hand caught hold of it. Found it. I opened the message without further thinking.

From: Myungsoo

You're asleep?

I typed a reply and waited for a few minutes. 

From: Myungsoo

Good then. I just thought I'd wish you good night :) Sleep well and sweet dreams ^^ <3

I chuckled a little. I never knew the cold icy boy could send such heartwarming messages. Nevertheless, I sent him a reply too.

To: Myungsoo

Haha, thank you :P You too, sweet dreams ^^ keke

I put the phone onto my chest and lied down on the comfy mattress covered with floral bedsheet. What is this feeling? I feel...so peaceful, so tranquil, like everything was perfect. I couldn't help but smile all the time. As I stared the ceiling, I hope that this feeling would last forever. And that tomorrow would be a better day.

"Rise and shine, honey!" a familiar voice woke me up. She opened the curtains, revealing that it was morning. The sun began to beam its rays on earth and the ray was shining so bright, penetrating straight through my window and towards me. I tried to cover my face from the extraordinary bright light with my comforter but someone snatched it away.

"Mom!" I groaned. "Just let me have 10 more minutes, okay?"

"No, no, no. It's almost noon already. Wake up, young lady. Your friends are downstairs already waiting for you," my mom scolded me while folding the comforter.

My ears perked up when I heard the word 'friends.' Wait, friends? Downstairs? Now? I shot straight up and grabbed my towel to take a shower. Shoot! Damn it! I forgot today I promised them that we'll go to the mall and then to the beach. Yes, we're going to the mall again. Apparently, Sulli chose the wrong size for herself so she got to trade in for a new pair of sneakers.

After 30 minutes, I came downstairs and my friends looked as if they were bored to death. Suzy was flipping through the tv shows but nothing seemed to caught her interest. Sulli was busy texting and smiling by herself, must be Hyunwoo. Jiyoung and Jieun were chattering random stuff on the pink couch.

Announcing my presence, I yelled "Sorry guys! It took me quite long, right?"

All eyes suddenly were darted on me. "Finally!" Suzy sighed. 

"What took you so long?" Jieun exclaimed.

"Hehe, sorry. I forgot about today completely. Come on, let's go now!" I pulled Jiyoung's arm and the others followed. Just when I opened the door, a tall, broad figure was standing right in front of us. He seemed as if he was ready to knock but his hand paused as soon as the door opened.

"Hi," Jonghyun greeted.

"Hey? What are you doing here?," I asked out of curiosity.

"I invited him and the guys to come with us," one of my friends replied. To my disbelief, I turned my head and saw Jiyoung was the one talking. Jiyoung? The shy Kang Jiyoung invited boys to go to the beach with us?

"You don't mind, right?" Jonghyun smiled sheepishly. 

I sensed something was going on there, but I kept my mouth shut. Not yet, not now. I'll wait for the perfect moment to ask them. 

At the mall, we shopped and shopped and shopped. Girls and shopping are inseperable. Now that's a fact. At the beach, the other Revolution guys arrived, ready to kick off the summer heat. But one person was missing. My eyes squinted but there were no signs of him anywhere. 

"He's not coming," Jonghyun startled my thoughts. When did he get here?

"Who?" I pretended to not know what he was talking about. My pokerface was good, but not good enough to fool someone like Jonghyun. He knows Myungsoo too well. Everything about Myungsoo, and well, me.

"His family always go to America every summer. They have a vacation house there, to enjoy the good life. Sorry for not telling you earlier," Jonghyun gave me a sorry look.

"Ah, I see," I just nodded my head, pretending to show ignorance. The truth is I wish he is here. Together, with his friends, with all of us, with me.

The boys played beach volleyball and to my surprise they're actually pretty good at it. The rest of us just lied down, basking in the sun peacefully. Well maybe except for me. My heart wasn't at peace ever since I knew Myungsoo wouldn't be here for the rest of this summer. A weird, surreal feeling emerged inside me. It felt as if he left me, for good. 

I shook my head and I took out my phone. What nonsense was I thinking? He's just having a holiday with his family. That's all. I pressed the send button and let out a sigh of relief. Maybe knowing how he's doing will calm my thoughts.

 

 

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING ! FOR READING ! FOR COMMENTING ! YOU GUYS REALLY MOTIVATE ME TO KEEP UPDATING EVEN THOUGH I CAN'T REALLY UPDATE THAT OFTEN. ^^ SHIP MYUNGSTAL FOREVER <3

 

20121128_infinite.jpg