Art Day

First Love

I was debating on whether to tell him or not. It's been months now technically, that he's ignoring me. But I have to do it. I decided to just give one more try. I pumped a fist and said "Fighting!" to myself. I walked to Class 2 which was on the same floor as my class. The class was very noisy and I was kind of scared to even knock at the door. I knew no one from Class 2 except the boys. As I was about to knock, Minho came out. He was quite bewildered why I was there.

"Is Myungsoo in there?" I asked.

"No, he's not. He went somewhere with Jonghyun. Why? Something about Art Day is it?" Minho asked back.

Hmm, I guess no luck finding him. Better just tell Minho. "Ms. Park wants Myungsoo and Jiyeon to do a duet together featuring you. You know as a special performance after the competition," I explained the reason I was there. 2 days left for Art Day but this was definitely last minute. I get it why Ms. Park wants Jiyeon to perform. After all she is her pet. But seriously, out of all people, Myungsoo? She said Jonghyun sang too much and it has to be someone from Evolution since they're more experienced.

"Why so sudden?" Minho inquired.

"Don't know. Oh and here's the song. Ms. Park said it might be complicated for you guys to find a new song, so I just recommend you one," I said while passing over my mp3 player to him.

"Oh, and could you please tell Myungsoo too?" I asked Minho to help me. I knew he'd probably ran the other way once he even saw me. Like literally.

"Will do. I gotta go. Catch you later Soojung!" he flashed his famous winsome smile to me and left.

As soon as he left, I could see girls from his class whispering to each other, exchanging weird glances. These girls never stop, do they? Huh, who cares! I scurried away back to my class. I don't bother confronting or whatsoever.

Finally it was the Art Day! This single event that couldn't be missed out. People love to watch but they certainly don't want to be on stage. This time, they have no choice. WE have no choice. I couldn't believe I'm about to sing and dance in front of hundreds of people.

"When is our turn?" I asked Sulli. We were all getting to ready to perform.

"7th, after Evolution," she replied.

"Really? That means we won't get to see them perform since we have to standby and all," Jieun let out a sigh.

After some time, we went backstage again to get ready as now Evolution's performing. We all peeked from backstage and I was even worried that we might actually lose. Evolution was doing a good job as usual, grabbing the attention of every audience. Jonghyun was singing with all his might, the song titled '60 seconds' by Infinite's Sunggyu. It was a good song, the rock vibe moved everyone especially the judges.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Finally, it was time for our performance. We were all nervous without even thinking about the bet. It was nerve-wrecking to perform like this, in front of the whole school. And all this time, Evolution made it seem so easy.

"And now, presenting you the group performance for Class 1!" the MC announced our cue and we walked to the centre of the stage, taking our positions. I gave out a signal for the person in charge to play the music. For Art Day, I don't know why but we chose a dance song. Screw me. I'm so dead and for sure we'll be Evolution's slave. But it's too late to back out.

 

 

 

 

 

The crowd was clapping and cheering for us after the performance. We slightly bow and left the stage. As we got off, we found the Evolution guys waiting for us. 

"Okay, quite okay...I guess," Junho shrugged.

"Just admit it. We could actually beat you guys!" Jieun sticked her tongue out.

"Hey, that's not certain yet, okay!" Jonghyun retorted.

Us girls just laughed at their sudden lack of confidence. We did pretty okay I guess. 

After all the performances were done, the judges need to deliberate on who's the winner. No big deal, just, if you win, you're like entertainers doing art and most probably have to perform in other events for the rest of the semester, until there's a new winner.

"Soojung! We have a big problem!" Minho came running to me and dragged me out of the audience seat. He was panting and the worry look was painted all over his face.

"Jiyeon, she's sick today and can't make it. She insists to perform since we have practiced and all but I don't know think she's gonna make it," Minho explained the whole situation.

"What?! Now, what'd we do? We have no replacements and I don't know any girls that can...Ah, maybe that specky girl in my class can!" I tried to think of a solution to save this Art Day.

"No, Soojung. You can! I bet you know this song better than any of us since you suggested it," Minho came up with that crazy idea suddenly.

As much as I want to say no, as much as I know this will only make things more awkward between me and Myungsoo, I have no choice but to do it. It's the only way to save the Art Day, the only way to keep my reputation going as a party planner.

I swallowed hard and blurted, "Fine, I'll do it."

The song that I suggested to them was GD's Eventually. I didn't know why I picked that song, it's not that popular but somehow I felt that I could relate to the lyrics. I've always loved songs with moving lyrics, but that was the first time I found a song that really gets me. This whole Myungsoo thing, it's perfect.

 

 

 

As Myungsoo started off singing the first bridge of the song, I could see every person in the audience was mesmerized by his voice. It was the first time I heard him sing, and Ms Park was right. Someone besides Jonghyun singing is very refreshing indeed. He did not have that melancholy voice Jonghyun was famous for, instead it was something sweet. His sweet voice that moves people. It was beautiful.

When the girl's part came up, I walked up the stage confidently, from the audience all the way up there. I could feel every gaze was fixed on me but I kept on moving forward. Myungsoo seemed a little startled, did Minho not tell him? But thank goodness, he kept his composure. Minho came in rapping in the middle part and every girl was squealing and cheering. I could feel their envy burning up as I was surrounded by 2 guys from Evolution.

After the whole performance, the judges announced the winner. It was all drumroll and I could hear Junho, who was sitting beside me, whispering Class 2, Class 2. As in them.

"The winnner for group performance goes to....Class 1!" he shouted and my girls and I practically jumped off from our seat. All of us went up the stage to receive the prize and everyone especially Evolution was dumbfounded. They just got beat by girls, by us, and yeah, they lost the bet.

"So...how are we going to do this?" Suzy asked. 

We were gathered to talk about the bet. No matter how I felt like refusing a boy to become my servant, come to think of it, why not, right? It's not everyday an Evolution member would offer to be your servant at full service.

"Okay, why not this, since there's 5 of you and 5 of us. 1 for each and until the last day of this month. Agreed?" Sulli voiced out.

The boys nodded slowly with their heads hung low. Myungsoo was even barely listening.

"Okay then, Jiyoung you get Jonghyun!" Jieun started assigning. I knew that plan was going somewhere.

"Junho with Suzy, Sulli with Minho, Myungsoo obviously with Soojung and I guess, you and me , Yoseob," she continued. 

The moment I heard my name with Myungsoo, my body shot straight up and our gaze met. It was awkward as he pretended to be mad and continued to question the bet.

"Dude! I wasn't even there! I didn't agreed to this!" he furiously pushed Junho.

"Hey, don't blame me, okay. Plus, we're a band. All together, right?" Junho sheepishly did his eye-smile.

"Together my !" Myungsoo shot back.

"No denials. A bet is a bet. So, first order of business, let's go Choi Minho!" Sulli tugged his arm and dragged him away. We all laughed seeing this cute scene since Minho's face was totally clueless and Sulli was so enthusiastic. Who knows what she'll do to him.

A week later, Suzy called out for an urgent girls' meeting and we all decided to go to the cafe near my house. 

"So what he do?!" Sulli asked impatiently.

"I don't know! I just slipped the letter in his book and now I'm as embarassed as hell to face him!" Suzy facepalmed herself. She apparently confessed to Junho. In a love letter. So classic.

"I'm soooo jealous of you! Minho is so hard to handle. He keeps on the 'cool guy' act and it's getting sick!" Sulli pouted and laid back to her chair.

"Really?" I suspiciously asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Okay, fine, fine. You caught me. I was surprised he actually followed my orders," she explained the truth.

All of them were sharing stories of how fun was it to have someone doing your errands. Not to mention that  someone is from Evolution. By now, all kinds of rumours spreaded throughout school. Some said they're under a spell, some said we blackmailed them but no one will know the truth. But behind all those, I was the only that remained quiet.

"What about you Soojung? Taking the Ice Prince down must be fun!" Jieun exclaimed.

"Huh? I didn't do it," I took a sip from my Americano.

"What do you mean you didn't do it?" Jiyoung asked.

"I mean I didn't tell him to do anything or stuff like that."

"What?! What's the point of the bet, then!" Sulli exasperated.

"No, no. This cannot be it. You gotta use the chance you get. Plus, the whole 'being strangers' with Myungsoo thing isn't working for any of us," Jieun expressed her thoughts.

"Then, ah! I know! Upcoming MT! Make sure you use him that time!" Suzy exclaimed.

"We'll see," I muttered under my breath.

The truth is I do want to grab that chance. I do, not because of using him, but to use that chance to ask him why is he doing this to me. But a part of me started to regain conscious of where I stand. I'm just one out of many girls that he has ever met. Maybe something happened that made us grew distant now. I felt like something was missing in my life. I felt like I don't have the right to question him since I'm not his girlfriend or anything. He's probably just being friendly but...a little too friendly?

Another part of me was driving me insane. Why does he stop talking to me? Why is he avoiding me? Why is he doing this all of a sudden? Can't we get back to where we were? Why doesn't anyone bother to know why? Am I crazy to think about this so much? So many questions running in my head and I'm dying to know the answers. Yet they say girls are complicated. Pffft.

 

 

HEY MY DEAR SUBSCRIBERS AND READERS! ALL OF YOU ARE LIKE DYING TO KNOW WHY MYUNGSOO DID THAT AS MUCH AS SOOJUNG RIGHT? KEKE, BE PATIENT. I MIGHT EXPLAIN EVERYTHING SOONER OR LATER. FOR NOW, I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND SOOJUNG'S CRISIS. SOMEONE IGNORING YOU IS NEVER FUN. SO KEEP READING TO KNOW! ENJOY~~ ^^

 

p/s : the videos are the songs they perform. I just thought I'd put the vid in here just so you know what they sing. Just imagine it's Evolution, Soojung and the rest performing kay?

  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ6ByxBu4XPJmZg9dd8hT

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpQz0hv_VWWDd1purzTos