I Like You, A Lot

First Love

"Jonghyun! Can you help me put this on? I really don't know how to snowboard," Jiyeon tried to intrude Jonghyun and Jiyoung happy moments together. She battled her eyelashes, pouted, pouring out aegyo as much as she could, but then again, it all looked fake. Too fake to the extent that I felt like slapping her. Maybe it was just because of my personal grudge, okay maybe not a grudge, but more to like 'why are you messing with my private life' kind of type. What the hell she meant by being a 'good friend?' Okay, I do admit sometimes, I felt like the whole Evolution thing was overwhelming and I am drowned by the cursing fangirls, but that was too much of her.

"Soojung!" someone called me from afar and I looked behind. It was none other than Sulli and she was striding towards me with Minho by her side.

"Hey!" I tried to give the best smile I could. After last night, I wondered how she seemed perfectily fine. No puffy eyes or unruly hair. She looked fine. With the cheerful smile on her face, I was almost deceived again by her act.

"Where's Myungsoo? Didn't you guys came together earlier?" Minho blurted, reminding me again of what I was thinking before.

"Uh, he's...somewhere," I replied while looking around even when I didn't really bother to search for him. I still needed to get my head straight before confronting him.

"You want Minho to help you with the gears? It's okay with me," Sulli offered as if she 'owned' Minho. Well, he is technically the 'servant.'

"It's okay. I'm cool. You guys just go first without me. I'll be fine," I rejected her offer. I'm not really a fan of being a third wheel, thank you.

"You sure?" Minho's concern was clearly shown in his irises.

I nodded reassuringly. They said goodbye to me and left even when I knew they wanted to stay and make sure everything's okay.

For the whole morning, all of us had fun snowboarding. I was able to let myself loose and just have fun. For once in a long time, Myungsoo was not bothering me in my mind anymore.

As time passed, finally it was lunch. We all went back to the resort to eat and rest. Evolution and my friends decided to go to a nearby restaurant instead.

"And I'll have the kimchi stew," Yoseob ordered and passed the menu back to the waitress. 

I sat right across Myungsoo, which made everything even more awkward. It wasn't my choice! That was the only seat left. I sighed as I my phone, trying to act busy.

"Guys, I have something to tell you," Jonghyun suddenly spoke. Everyone's attention was diverted to him and I could tell it was something important.

"I'm...I'm dating Jiyoung," he confessed while firmly gripping Jiyoung's hand who was beside him.

"I knew this was coming anytime soon," Suzy quipped.

"Yeah, kinda slow, dude. Which part of 'you guys should totally date each other' plan did you not understand?' Sulli raised her eyebrow and everybody laughed. It was nice to know that at least one of us made it.

Throughout the whole lunch, Jiyoung and Jonghyun were acting lovey-dovey than ever. To be honest, I was getting sick. Yes, sick. I love Jiyoung and I'm happy for them but don't they have the least of sorry toward me? I mean I know I'm not supposed to feel this, but somehow I wished that I could get a boyfriend like that too. Ugh, what am I saying?! But still, it would be nice to have a boyfriend for once.

I got up and excused myself to the toilet. Actually, I was planning to calm down this overwhelming jealousy of my friend's own happiness. But before I could even go in, I bumped into someone as my mind was somewhere else. I looked up and was about to say sorry when the person in front of me turned out to be...Jiyeon. She blinked innocently in front of me and I couldn't help to think how she managed to look so demure when there's nothing but pure evil inside her soul. 

"Why did you do that?" I mustered up the courage to ask her the one question I've been wanting to.

"Did what?"

"Stop with the act, Jiyeon. Myungsoo told me everything."

"Oh, that. I was just telling him what you feel. I knew you couldn't tell him right in the face."

I scoffed thinking how could she even lie to me when I'm confronting her like this. "What the hell? How would you know how I feel? Get to the point, Jiyeon. You and I were never even friends from the start," I spatted. 

The expression on her face changed and all I could see was an evil smirk curved at her lips. 

"Exactly, Soojung. How would you know how I feel? How would you know my feelings for Jonghyun wasn't sincere? Who are you to judge?" Jiyeon uttered.

"What? I'm talking about me, not Jonghyun."

"I heard you the other day. At the sushi restaurant, I heard you and Suzy badmouthing me in front of Jonghyun. Suzy might be the one doing the talking but you, you looked eager enough to shove me away from Jonghyun. I don't know what's your motive, but if I can't get my happiness then so can't you." She finished her last sentence, purposely brushed her shoulder with mine and whispered to me,"Tell me, how do you feel now," and stormed off the scene.

I gaped at the shocking truth. I knew she was fake from head to toe but I didn't knew she was this evil. She might be plastic but this was the work of a devil. How could someone be so cruel by ruining others' happiness? 

After the lunch, we all headed back to our rooms for some tranquil relaxation. Clearly, something was bothering my mind since I couldn't help but to walk back and forth at the same place for the past 5 minutes.

"What happened?" Suzy asked. I decided this was not the best time to stay in a room with that .

I debated first whether to tell Suzy or not, but realizing that I couldn't afford to carry this burden on my own, I told her what happened from A to Z.

"That ! I knew she's going to get on our nerves one day," she hissed.

"Argh, what should I do?" I scratched my head.

"I know the solution," Suzy replied with a smile painted on her face.

"Really? What?"

"But first, answer me honestly. Do you like Myungsoo?"

I gulped, totally shocked by Suzy being so straightforward. I gave in a deep thought but all I came up was nothing. I was confused, by his actions, his words and myself.

"Okay, if this is going to take some time, why don't you tell me when you're ready? If you don't get your feelings for him straight, you can't solve this problem," Suzy said.

That night, I got thinking, I really did. I thought of the moments that I cherished and the memories that itched me. I tried to recall every moment we spent together.

"It's not as easy as you think. Staying away from you, I can't imagine that. Soojung, look at me, I don't care what those people say or think. No matter how much they tease, I don't give a damn. The gossiping? Let them be. Just ignore it, for me, okay?"

That moment, that time when we were on the rooftop...I didn't know why but that memory suddenly crept into my mind. I scoffed, thinking, how could I remember exactly what you said to me. And now, look who's staying away from who, Myungsoo.

Unknowingly, I felt my vision became a bit blurry and my eyes felt like they were welling up with...tears? I blinked softly and a drop of tear went rolling down my cheek. After a while, I started to cry, really cried. Right then, I knew what was my answer. It was the first time I was experiencing this, the first time I cried over a guy. Immediately, I dialled Suzy's number as I felt I need someone to comfort me.

"Soojung, are you okay?" Suzy walked into my room carefully. Jiyoung was out with Jonghyun and I couldn't care less of where Jiyeon was.

Drenched in tears, I looked up to her. I never really showed this fragile side of me to anyone, but this time I couldn't take it anymore.

"I....I...I think I like him," I finally admitted the bitter truth. "It's too late, isn't it? He's already over me."

Suzy the back of my head and tried to calm me down. "Shh..what are you talking about? It's never too late, okay?"

"It is this time, Suzy. It is." 

"No, no, no. What are you saying? How can you know when you haven't even told him what you feel?"

"You mean like a confession?"

"Yes. Look, I know it's scary for you to put your feelings out there, but you never know what might just happen."

Suzy's words left a permanent mark in my memory. It kept on replaying over and over my head for the rest of the night causing me to feel restless. I couldn't even sleep. Confession? I never wanted to do one. I just couldn't stand the embarassment, the fear of rejection. But Myungsoo's drifting away from me now and if confession's the only way to save this, then...should I risk my ego and go for it?