The Bet

First Love

"What? Are you sure Ms. Park?" I inquired.

"Yes, I have no choice but to do this. Not many students are giving cooperation, so this is the only way," she replied. "I hope you'll be able to tell directly to the kids about this. And I'm counting on you, Soojung. Art Day is in 4 days and the principal wants it to be a success."

I bowed to Ms. Park and left the staffroom. I took a look at my watch and quickly dashed to the school's front gate. They're probably waiting for me now. 

As soon as I reach the front gate, I couldn't help catching my breath. My friends and Evolution were already there. Minus Myungsoo of course. We promised to go to the mall today since it's the first day of school. We might saw each other all summer but hanging out with Evolution becomes something normal now.

"Where were you?" Jieun asked. "Everybody waited long enough just for you, you know?"

"You could've just went without me," I replied coldly. I wasn't in the mood for hangouts especially after what happened today. But I have no choice since I promised them I would come.

"Come on, let's go!" Yoseob exclaimed and led the group to the bus station. On the bus, all of us chatted along the way except for me. I still couldn't believe Myungsoo ignored me. Right in my face! What? He thinks he's so great now? Huh?! Oh please, you're just in Evolution, an underground school band. 

"That's a long long stare outside the window," Jonghyun interrupted my mental scolding toward Myungsoo. I turned my face to him and he was sitting a little too close. Things got awkward for 5 seconds but then he backed off a bit and cleared up his throat.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I could see concern in his eyes.

"I'm fine," I tried to reply in the most happy way possible. I even smiled to him to make him believe me. But Jonghyun knew me better than that. 

"Don't lie. I know it's all something to do with Myungsoo,"

I looked away to avoid eye contact with Jonghyun but he continued talking, "I'm sorry, Soojung. I didn't know what's got into him nowadays. With us, he's still the Kim Myungsoo we know but I noticed he was being not so friendly to you anymore."

"It's fine, really," I gave him one last reassuring smile and the bus finally arrived at its destination. We got out and went into the mall through the West Wing side. Every store was practically on sale and I swore the mannequins were like inviting us to come inside. Obliviously, us girls couldn't resist the 50% off signs that was in every store and rushed inside. I went inside a accessory store with Sulli. Our eyes were practically searching for a prey and oh, how we love accessories! 

After 2 hours, my girls and I went outside to the centre of the mall where there is a big fountain, spouting sparkling water out. We saw the boys sitting around the fountain and I could see the longing tired looks, just wanting to go home.

"Are we late?" I asked sarcastically. Minho glared at me. I could tell boys just don't understand how girls shop.

"Where to next? And no more shopping!" Jonghyun stressed the shopping part. My friends and I just giggled at them. I guess today became more of a shopping day rather than a hangout day.

"FOOD!" Yoseob exclaimed. His face was craving for food. It's as if he hasn't eaten for days.

"Okay, fine. This time we'll let you guys pick," Sulli said.

The boys decided to go for ddeokbokki so we all walked to the stall just a few hundred metres away from the mall. As soon as we grabbed our seats, Yoseob shouted "Ahjumma! Bring us 5 plates of ddeokbokki!"

Suddenly, I remembered my discussion with Ms Park. I decided now's the time to tell. "Guys, about the Art Day..."

"Yeah, we thought that it may be best if..." Jonghyun interrupted.

"It'll be a competition instead," I finished my sentence before he could.

"What?!" the boys exclaimed.

"Yes, every class will need to send a group for the group category and one person for the solo category. This time it won't be just a performance," I explained briefly.

"But it's in 4 days. We haven't even practiced much yet!" Junho let his thoughts out.

"Wait, what do you mean every class? What about our class?" Jieun asked in panic.

"That's it. Ms Park wants more students to participate and since I'm handling this whole thing, I have to join too. No, we have to join," I corrected my words. There's no way I would perform solo. 

"You guys? Performing?Bhahahahaha...," the guys laughed and us girls stared at them with hawk eyes. This is not funny!

"What, you think we can't dance? Or sing?" Sulli hissed back.

The guys stopped laughing and Minho asked, "Are you serious?"

"You think you're so good with the drumming, Mr Choi Minho? You think girls go crazy because of just some tricks you pull off with your sticks? Pffft, please. In my dreams!" Sulli replied in a challenging tone. She sure likes boys but she also likes crazy dares. I could see where this is going and I don't like it.

"Okay, you wanna bet?" Junho finally said the word.

"Why not?" Jieun hissed too. What's gotten into everyone?!

"If you win, you'll be our servants for the rest of the month. But if WE win, you'll be our servants and I don't care if you guys are girls," Junho said.

"Deal!" Sulli replied. 

My eyes bulged as I choked to my drink. "What?!" I exclaimed. "I'm not doing it!"

"We are now," Sulli said calmly.

"Why? Scared cause you'll know you lose Soojung?" Junho tried to tense me with that gaze of his.

"It's not that, it's...uh never mind," I stuffed a piece of ddeokbokki into my mouth. I couldn't protest but I don't want to do it either. So, I just kept the thoughts to myself.

After the hangout, I naturally sent a text to Myungsoo but there was no reply at all. Seriously, until when will he be like this? Why is he even doing this? And now with the whole competition and the bet, it's just so stressful! God, I wish I have someone to help me solve all these quickly.

 

UPDATED! THANK YOU FOR THE COMMENTS AND SUBSCRIBE! SHIP MYUNGSTAL~