Uneasy

First Love

I held my S3 phone tightly. No sign whatsoever. No calls, no messages, no news at all! I bit my lips in agitation, waiting for at least one text to come in. Suddenly, my 'Dream Girl' ringtone blasted through my room and I immediately picked up the call.

"Why didn't you call?!" I screamed my lungs out, making sure that the person on the other line get my point.

"Er...it's me...Suzy?" 

My eyes bulged when I heard the name. I quickly took a glance of the caller ID and my head lowered in embarassment. I cleared up my throat and continued our conversation, "Sorry. I thought you're someone else."

"Oh, okay. I just wanna make sure that we are going out after school tomorrow, right? The girls are begging you to go," Suzy pleaded.

I let out a sigh and agreed. Suzy hang up and I tossed my phone across the table.

Stupid me, useless me. Why do I bother thinking so much about him? AHHH! This is so frustrating! I took my jacket and went out to get some fresh air, trying to calm this mind that was about to explode.

It's been months that Myungsoo's away from me. Away from all of us. He's miles and miles away and he didn't bother to call anyone of us. I perfectly understand that he had to be there but  a little hello would be nice. All summer, my friends have gotten closer to Evolution. It seemed that they were planning something for Jonghyun and Jiyoung but I didn't bother to in. How can I be a matchmaker at times like this? The sudden disapearrance of Kim Myungsoo left me in a cold, isolated place. It felt like...like something was missing.

Summer break is now over and school is starting tomorrow. Yet there are still no signs of him. I tried calling Jonghyun and Minho a few times over the break but they all claimed that they haven't heard anything from Myungsoo. I bet by now all of my friends were starting to get suspicious why am I so worried about him. But that's the least of my concern now. I just need to hear his voice or something. To calm this mind that has gone crazy because of him.

I pushed the doors to the cafe and the bright atmosphere seemed welcoming. I ordered an Americano and waited at the seat by the window. Once again, I checked my phone but as I expected, no miss calls whatsoever. I scanned around the cafeteria and noticed a couple happily together. They acted as if they were the only ones in this world. The guy wipes off the cream from his girfriend's mouth and she chuckled in embarassment. He even planted a kiss on her lips and I could tell she was startled by his bold move.

I sighed as I recalled the times when I went here with Myungsoo. The first time when he was acting all weird with Jonghyun around. The first time he ordered me a drink. That time when he acted all cute just to get me to treat him an ice-cream.

"But I'm really really hungry!" Myungsoo whined.

I glared at him and continued reading my magazine. He dragged me all the way here just for ice-cream? I didn't know he was this childish.

"Jung Soojung! Just this one time," he pleaded.

"Then go buy it yourself," I replied coldly.

"But I want you to buy it for me! Please, please, pweesh?" his eyes goggled and his lips were pouting.

This sight, he looks...cute. Surprisingly. Those puppy eyes, I didn't even know he had those. "Fine," I stood up and he tagged along to the counter. Just as I was about to open my mouth to order, he interrupted first. "Two vanilla chocolate chips, please." I took out my Carlo Rino purse but just then, he handed the money to the cashier. We took our ice-cream cones and he went outside.

"Kim Myungsoo! Wait up," I tried catching up with him. "I thought you wanted me to buy that for you?"

He his ice-cream and a sincere smile formed on his face. "I was just testing you." And all the way home that smile never faded away.

 

The gardens and pavements were filled with students chatting around. Lots of catching up since it was the first day of this new semester. I saw my friends sitting under the mangrove tree with Evolution. Everybody turned to smile at me when Sulli waved to me excitedly. I waved back and strided toward them.

"Hey Soojung," Jonghyun greeted me as I sat next to Suzy. "Oh, hey!" I replied with a generous smile. They were talking about random stuff and I was busy looking around. It's the first day of school, he had to be here somewhere. I scanned the area around me and my eyes caught him. Kim Myungsoo. Huh, it's funny that he's even here. He had been gone for so long that I felt distant now.

I got up and scurried toward him. I was mentally making myself ready to scold him for being invisible all this time. My body was fuelling with annoyance and irritation. Who does he think he is?

Myungsoo was talking to Hyunwoo as if nothing happened. Really? Hyunwoo? The first person he goes to is Hyunwoo? As I tapped his shoulder, he turned around but something with his expression made me feel uneasy. Weird, but that feeling was like...

Within a split second, he said bye to Hyunwoo and mentioned that he needed to send some assignment urgently. He stormed off just like that leaving me dumbfounded. Hyunwoo didn't said a word too and left me in my own world.

How dare he?! That Kim Myungsoo! Did he just ignored me? I scoffed and left the scene as well. What has gotten into him?

"Okay class, so for this Art Day, anyone interested for performing please see me or Soojung. I hope all of you will take part in something this time," Ms. Park made the final announcement before recess. As on timing, the bell rang and everybody happily walked out relieved to finally be free from History. I packed up my stuff and joined my girls to the canteen.

"You think Evolution's gonna perform?" Sulli squealed as soon as we get to sit.

"I thought you're not an Evolution fan anymore?" I asked bluntly.

"Soojung, didn't you know?" Suzy asked me back.

"Know what?"

"This girl, she did it again," Jieun sighed while chomping on a piece of meat.

"Did what?"

"What's gotten into you lately? You don't even know your own bestfriend broke up?" Sulli fired back at me.

"What?!" I almost spilled my drink hearing the shocking news. "Why?" Hyunwoo's such a nice guy, I thought.

"She got bored as usual. She's back to Choi Minho," Jiyoung rolled her eyes as she unpacked her lunch she brought from home.

"Really?!"

"Stop being so suprised! And it's not my fault. Hyunwoo's too clingy and Minho...ahh...since he hang out with us lately, his hotness just shine again," she said dreamily.

This girl, I thought. When is she gonna change? I thought Hyunwoo was the one, but I was 100% wrong. How can she get over boys that easily? They never affect her, and I've never seen her broken-hearted. It's always the other way around.

The canteen atmosphere was unsual and that marked Evolution is here. They sat at their usual table right at the centre of the canteen. Girls happily showering them with gifts and homemade food. Yoseob was accepting every food he got. He loves to eat. I could see he was smiling from ear to ear like a kid who got a candy.

How envious! They don't even need to queue up in line for food. People treated them like kings. So much for sophomores!

"Soojung, how's things with Myungsoo? You guys are kind of quiet lately," Jieun quipped.

"Huh? I don't know. Ugh, just...don't talk about him for now, okay?" I bit my lips in agitation.

"What's wrong? Everything okay?" Suzy asked concernly.

"Yeah, everything's okay," I continued eating. I could see Myungsoo right there with the Evolution. I could just walk up to him and confront him about this morning and the rest of summer. But something was helding me back. What is all this? Why do I feel so uneasy? Ugh, I hate this feeling! I wish someone  could just tell me what's going on.

 

THANK YOU SUBSCRIBERS! KEEP COMMENTING PLEASE AND ENJOY READING~  

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSOHtsamKuJ-nSN6xNjNz0

-picture from weheartit.com-