Virtual friend

First Love

I plopped myself onto my springy bed. Today was hectic and tiring. I stared blankly at the ceiling, and I can't help but remember what happened earlier at the carnival. The situation where Myungsoo talked to me was replaying over and over again in my head. I sat myself up straight and shook my head. Why would I be thinking too much about this?  He's just a guy. Nothing more.

"Zing!" someone seemed to have sent me a chat on Facebook. I got up and walked towards my laptop placed on my study table, just as I left it last night. I scrolled over the Facebook tab and clicked it open.

Hey :)

I squinted my eyes at the screen, examining the little picture icon of the sender. Myungsoo? As in Kim Myungsoo? Okay, this is getting a little weird. Though unsure of his intentions, I carefully typed my reply back.

Hey.

Great job for the carnival. I heard you set everything up.

Oh it was nothing. You guys did awesome too! 

Really? Thanks.

My head went blank and this conversation was drowning with awkwardness. It was not my fault after all. He was the one who started becoming friendly. Weird friendly. I marveled at the screen, as he typed, backspaced and re-typed several times. Finally he gave in and sent me a reply.

Does Sulli like Minho?

Huh? Erm...I don't know. Why?

I was just...curious. 

Why? Do you like her or something?

No! No! Heck no. Maybe you know, I could hook them up or something.

Haha, she'd love that I guess. No need to worry much though. She's always like that. She'll be over him soon.

Really? She's really like that? I thought that was just a rumour.

Nope, trust me. I've known her for a while, and she always do that to random hot people. x)

You think...Minho's hot? o.O

No! Why'd you think that? I mean he's not bad but he's just not my style.

So...what is your style? Like me, maybe? Haha

Someone with good sense of style, humourous and friendly. And fair milky skin? LOL, that sounded weird.

If I could answer with Jonghyun, I would. Someone like Jonghyun. The perfect ideal guy to me. After that, the conversation just goes on and on for that night. Sometimes, the awkward air we shared was too hard to breathe, but at times, he was pretty funny. Most of the time, we talked about Evolution. How it was formed, how they met, it's like Evolution had a legendary history of its own, prepared to be told to the world once they're famous. Myungsoo was the keyboardist, and his dad was not too keen on the idea of him being in a band. For now, it's like a hobby but later, he was sure that his dad was going to force him into medical school and burn his keyboard.

The restless feeling magically disappeared and to be honest, I enjoyed chatting with him. It made me feel comfortable somehow. I never knew he was so open and maybe even friendly like Jonghyun. It felt like we were best friends who can tell each other anything. Just anything. It was just a new side of him, a side he never show to anyone else. And I like that side of him. 

"Kringggggggggggggggggg!" My alarm went off and I slammed the clock to shut it up. Argh, I was still too tired for another day of school. My eyes couldn't barely open but I forced my body to walk towards the shower. After 30 minutes of struggle with myself to actually wake up, I applied some makeup and brushed my long, wavy, brunette hair. I carefully straightened out my skirt and grabbed my knapsack. As I went downstairs, I shoveled a vanilla-flavoured muffin into my mouth and walked out to school.

The school was busy with girls squealing and chuckling as they were watching Evolution's performance yesterday. In one corner, I swear I heard one guy saying he was going to get his hair cut like Junho. Evolution wannabes and die-hard fans are scattered all around the school. I know they were good, but this was too much. Maybe they should just quit school and debut right away. I was sure they will be superstar-level famous once they're out there.

Suddenly, the atmosphere was lull. It was Evolution. They walked in as if they were mighty rockstars and spotlights beamed upon them. Yoseob, the bassist waved and blew free kisses, melting every girl he passed by with his adorable face. Jonghyun smiled at the fame and the pride of being in the band as the leader. Minho and Myungsoo was being as nonchalant as they could, keeping the cool act which causes more girls to faint. It's like one of those movies where the popular kids make a grand entrance, envied by everyone, wishing they could date them, or be them.

"Lub-dub, lub-dub, lub-dub...," the sound of my heartbeat picking up a pace faster every second. As it gets faster, they were coming closer to where I stand. I riveted my eyes on them as they passed by me. All 5 of them acted like I was invisible. Especially Myungsoo. Him. How can he reacted like that? He was not even looking at me, pretending like last night was a dream. A little hello would be nice. I grimaced and pulled myself back together. Why would I be expecting something from him? My body twitched in annoyance. His arrogance destroyed every single positive feedback I clarified to myself last night. Now, I get why he's irritating. I bit my lips in frustration and stomped my way to class.

"Oh my god, you like him!!!!" Jiyeon exclaimed. She was sitting with my friends. It had always been like this, she acting all friendly and we gave the same treatment. I don't know if it's all an act or she really had no idea that people hate her. I assigned my seat next to them, and everyone looked like they were interrogating Jiyoung.

"No I don't. You're the one who liked him," Jiyoung protested in a deceptive way, trying to make Jiyeon admits her crush. The thing about Jiyeon is she never admitted in front of us when she's perfectly well-aware that we do know. Being fake much?

Jiyeon, playing with her red silky hair claimed,"No, no. Don't put the blame on me. Jiyoung, come on! It's just us girls, you can trust us."

"No....I don't like Jonghyun. Not even interested," Jiyoung pouted, trying to convince everybody so hard that she does not. 

Something about Jiyoung's answer triggered anxiety over me. Why do I feel like Jiyeon's not the only one who's acting here? Does Jiyoung...like Jonghyun?

I shook my head, trying to convince that it was just my eyes manipulating me. I could feel like Jiyoung's lying, right here, right now. No, this cannot be it. If both of us like Jonghyun, what's that going to be like? Oh, curse you Jonghyun for being so perfect! I love Jiyoung but I like Jonghyun !  But if she really does, who can blame her? It's not like she knew that I have a crush on Jonghyun too. Oh god, please, don't ever let something like that happen.

"Soojung! What do you think, expert?" Suzy remarked.

"Huh? About what?"

"Duh! Is Jiyoung into Jonghyun?" Jieun asked impatiently.

"Um...I don't know. I guess so," I said hesitantly, revealing my honest thoughts. The girls went on teasing of who liked Jonghyun more, but both the victims denied and denied. Everyone believed almost everything I think because somehow I could tell what's someone's feeling. It's like I have the sixth sense that could indicate what kind of vibe a person's giving. Not most of them are true, but rarely do I get the wrong impression.

Although I knew what was on everyone else's mind, nobody knew what I was thinking or what kind of feelings have I developed for Jonghyun. I love acting and I guess the talent grew in me. The secrets that only I knew, had been buried in the deepest of my heart. Ever since I was little, I never told anyone who I like. Too embarassing for me, I thought. And I never want to hurt anyone I love. It's the best if they never knew my true feelings.

I faked a laugh as I joined the girls in teasing Jiyoung and Jiyeon. Let my feelings stay hidden as they always were.

 

 

 

3RD CHAPTER IN!! AND I LOVE TO WRITE EVEN MORE BCOZ OF THIS STORY. NOW, PROBABLY EVERYDAY UPDATE BUT BY NEXT WEEK I'LL BE BUSY SO IT'S GOING TO BE LATE THAN USUAL. THANKS FOR READING <3 :D