He Was There Part II

First Love Never Dies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He Was There Part II

 

Author's POV

 

He was rooted in place. He felt his tears falling from his eyes, but he had no strength to wipe them, he just let them fall. He saw and he heard everything. And it hurt him, but then he also knew what he had to do. He knew this would happen, but it happened too soon for him.

 

He wasn't ready yet, but whether or not he was ready, wasn't up to him. For a while he just watched her. She just stood there staring at nothing, then he saw them. He saw the tears falling from her eyes, he heard her crying. He wanted to run to her and comfort her but he couldn't. His body wasn't listening to his brain. So he just stared at her. Crying softly along with her.

 

The two of them stayed like that for a while until the front door suddenly opened.

 

“Omo, Unnie what's wrong?” Krystal asked as she quickly hugged her sister.

 

“Krys.” was all Jessica could say, and she cried and cried.

 

“Shhhhh Unnie it's okay. What happened? Where's Yoong oppa?” Krystal asked as she rubbed Jessica's back.

 

Hearing his name made Jessica suddenly felt guilty of what happened with Donghae earlier. She just allowed another man to kiss her and confess his feelings and she just stood there and listened. She didn't even reject him. Thinking about Yoong made Jessica cry even more. She hated herself right now. She hated that Donghae is confusing her heart. She hated it.

 

“I'm going to call Yoong oppa.” Krystal suddenly said, but before she can pull her phone out Jessica stopped her.

 

“No, it's okay Krys. I just want to rest.” Jessica said and she quietly entered her house leaving her sister confused and sad.

 

“Unnie, please don't cry, it hurts to see you cry.” Krystal said to no one in particular, before following her sister inside.

 

After Jessica and Krystal both entered the house, He was still there staring at the spot she was just at. He was about to leave when he realized he still had the textbook in his hand. He knew he had to get it to her, but he didn't have the strength to call her so he called her sister instead.

 

“Yeobsaeyo, Oppa?” Krystal answered her phone.

 

“Oh Krys, are you still up?”

 

“Ah, dae Oppa.”

 

“Is it okay if you come outside real quick I have you sister's textbook she left it in class.”

 

“Ah, dae Oppa.” Krystal found it really weird that Yoong called her instead of her sister. She knew something was wrong and she knew it was something very serious.

 

When Krystal opened the door, Yoong was already standing there, he tried to hide his eyes that were now red and puffy, but failed.

 

“Here you go Krys.” Yoong said as he held out the book, but Krystal wouldn't take it.

 

“Oppa, what happened?” She asked him. She can tell he was crying because his eyes were puffy and his voice sounded hoarse.

 

“It's nothing Krys. Just put this in your unnie's room okay.” Yoong said.

 

“No oppa, please tell me what happened, why was unnie crying just now? And why does it seem like you were crying too?”

 

“It's just allergies and I don't know what happened Krys. I just got here. I wasn't the one by her side.” Yoong said feeling the heaviness in his heart return.

 

Feeling defeated, Krystal stopped questioning Yoong any further.

 

“Okay Oppa, but since your here anyways, why don't you just bring the book up to unnie's room?” Krystal said.while faking a yawn.

 

Yoong knew what Krystal was trying to do, so with a deep breath he slowly entered the house.

 

He walked towards Jessica's room, as he got closer he heard quiet sobs coming from inside. He wanted to run inside but then Jessica began to speak.

 

“Why? Why am I being like this right now? Why am I so confused right now? Why is this happening to me? To us?Why is my heart being like this?” She asked no one in particular.

 

Hearing her plea stabbed daggers into his heart. He promised her he would always be by her side and comfort her, yet here he was just standing in the sidelines. He knew he couldn't stand there forever, so while holding back his own tears that were threatening to fall he slowly opened the door and made his way inside her room.

 

Hearing someone enter her room, Jessica pretended to sleep, but she had a hard time since tears were still falling from eyes.

 

Yoong quietly walked towards Jessica's desk and placed the textbook in the center. Then he made his way towards her. He knew she was just pretending, but he still pretended to fall for it.

 

Yoong stared at her for a bit before he sat down at the edge of her bed and gently wiped away the tears from her eyes. Recognizing that comfortable warmth, Jessica felt at ease. She knew who the person was the second his fingertips grazed her face. His warmth calmed her. It made all her questions and confusion disappear. She wanted to hold him in her arms and she was about to, but then he suddenly spoke.

 

“Why are you crying?” He asked a “sleeping” Jessica

 

“Is your heart confused right now? Do you hate me for letting you go with him today which caused you more confusion?”

 

“If it did, then please forgive me. I'm sorry if I caused you to be like this. I'm sorry for letting you go with him today. I know your heart is confused, which is why I let you go with him. I want you to figure out who is really in your heart. If it's Donghae then it's okay, I'll understand. Remember last night? I promised you I'll never leave yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter