Favor

First Love Never Dies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Favor

 

Author's POV

 

A very nervous Yoong slowly entered Mr. Jung's study, where the old man was already comfortably sitting on his big leather office chair. The air around them was silent until Mr. Jung broke the tensed atmosphere.

 

“Yoong, take a sit.” Mr. Jung said since Yoong has been standing near the closed door of the study.

 

“Ah, dae uncle.” Yoong said as he sat on the chair in front of Mr. Jung's desk.

 

“Yoong, I need a favor from you.” Mr. Jung said the minute Yoong's landed on the chair he was sitting on.

 

“What kind of favor uncle?”

 

“Well, you see, this morning, when the maids were cleaning the house, they found this under Jessi's bed.” Mr. Jung said as he handed Yoong an envelop that had Stanford University's seal on the top right corner.

 

“It's a letter from Stanford University, one of the best university in America for business, but what is this letter doing in Sica's room?” Yoong said trying to act like he didn't know Jessica had applied to the university, but was rejected.

 

Yoong's POV

 

Omo~ Uncle found Jessica's letter from Stanford! Ahh ottoke?? What if Mr. Jung is angry about her applying to that school. But wait didn't Jessica tell me that she wasn't accepted when I asked her? I'm pretty sure she did, but why then, does Uncle want a favor from me? I'm sure the favor is somehow related to the letter, but how?

 

Author's POV

 

“It seems like she applied to that school, without my knowledge, which is very surprising because my little girl always tells me everything.” Mr. Jung said.

 

“Ah, but Uncle, was she accepted?” Yoong asked. (A/N: Yoong is a very good actor)

 

“That my dear boy, brings me to my favor.”

 

“Ah dae, so what do you need me from me uncle?” Yoong asked.

 

“Before that, Yoong tell me did you know about Jessi applying to Stanford?”

 

“Ah, well, umm,.”

 

“Yoong, the truth.” Mr. Jung said sounding very stern.

“ *deep breath* yes uncle, I did.” Yoong said while looking down.

 

“I see, did she tell you the results?”

 

“Yes uncle, she told me on our fist date that she was rejected.”

 

“Ah, Yoong what would you do if she was accepted? Would you let her go to America and study there?”

 

Yoong's POV

 

I think that Jessica lied to me that night when I asked her if she was accepted or not. With the way Uncle is being I can sense that she was accepted, especially since he just asked me if I'd let her go study abroad. If she was accepted, then why did she lie and tell me she wasn't? And if she was accepted and told me that night, what would have I said? Would I have told her to go, even though we just started? I probably would have. Is that why she lied? Because of me?

 

Author's POV

 

Yoong was spacing out for bit when Mr. Jung brought him back to reality.

 

“So what would you do?” Mr. Jung said.

 

“I-I-I would let her go study there, because Stanford is her dream school.” Yoong forced a smile.

 

“Yoong, your telling me that you'd let her, but your eyes are saying something else.” Mr. Jung said.

 

“I'm sorry Uncle, but I feel torn right now. My brain is telling me that if she was accepted then I should let her go, because it's her dream to attend that school, but my heart is scared that if she does go, then we'll drift apart.” Yoong said sadly.

 

“That's why I approve of you for my daughter Yoong.” Mr. Jung said, he finally told Yoong that he approves of him.

 

“Dae?” Yoong asked confused.

 

“Even though your heart doesn't want her to go, your still willing to let her follow her dreams and be happy, that's all I wanted for her. Happiness.” Mr. Jung said.

 

“Ah, I see, does this mean you accept me as her boyfriend now?”

 

“Haha, Yoong I've already accepted you after you stood up to me the first time we met, I just wanted to see you follow through.” Mr. Jung laughed.

 

“Oh, that's great, thank you uncle.” Yoong said as he stood up and bowed multiple times to the old man.

 

“Yoong, please stop bowing, we still have to talk about that favor.” Mr. Jung said.

“Oh, ah right of course.” Yoong happily said.

 

Yoong's POV

 

Heol~~ Daebak! I can't believe Uncle approved of us ever since the beginning! Wah~ I'm so happy right now. There are no more hoops for me to jump through in order to be with Jessica. But now I wonder what kind of favor Uncle is asking for. I better ask him.

 

“So, uncle what's the favor you need?” I asked.

 

“Yoong, Jessi was accepted.” He said.

 

Wait what? She was accepted! So she did lie. I already had a bad feeling about the letter, and I totally forgot about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter