Back Home

Flower of Despair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Only when the sliding glass door blurred her sight for a second, Hana finally snapped back. Without further ado, she rushed to the taxi, telling him to wait a bit because she'd supposedly forgotten something. She then hurried into the hospital again, her whole being only focused on one thing – one person. Luhan. 

However, the said male was nowhere to be found; neither in his room nor at the pond. But Hana knew she wouldn’t step out of this building until she'd find him. If the taxi driver complained, so be it. She could care less. The only desire filling her was the urge to see Luhan. To see him and apologize. To apologize and promise him what was on her mind.

Hana wasn’t aware of her feet taking her to the roof of the hospital, but her mind was too much of a mess to care. It seemed, though, that her instinct knew where to find Luhan, since the sight of the blonde-haired male greeted her once she opened the door to the rooftop. He was standing at the handrail, his back to the door, and his golden hair ruffled by the November wind.

Before the girl even thought to, she already to made her way to his figure. She held her hand out and touched his hand reluctantly while gazing at his back. “Luhan,” she called out almost pleadingly. “I'm sorry for not telling you earlier … it's not that I didn’t want to, but I couldn’t bring myself to accept it,” she mumbled, feeling guilty, her hand closing around his.

“I'm sorry. I'm just unrealistic like this … I didn’t want to accept that I was released from the hospital because I wanted to stay here with …” she trailed off, taking a deep breath, “… with you Luhan. With you.” Hana bit her upper lip. Damn it. Why was it that she felt like crying now that she was telling him. “I still don’t want to leave … I – I,” Hana halted, not knowing how to phrase what she wanted to say.

Of course, a part of her was glad that her hand was recovering. Of course, it was good news that she'd been released. But … why didn’t it feel so then? Why didn’t she feel relieved? Because … she couldn’t bring herself to bid goodbye to Luhan – to her prince, her fairytale.

All of a sudden, the male turned around, causing the girl to blink several times in surprise. “Dummy,” Luhan gently scolded, nudging her forehead. “Why don’t you want to accept such great news?” He asked her with his ever-so-soft smile. “Being released means you're on the road to recovery. Why don’t you want to leave then? This isn’t something to be sad about, Hana, so be happy, hm?”

When she heard Luhan's smooth voice asking her the many questions she'd been asking herself the past few days, she could feel the back of her eyes become hot. When she listened to his request for her to be happy, she could feel the tears fill her eyes. Why was it that he was still so kind to tell her to be happy instead of being envious of Hana's sudden fortune in life?

Why? Her inner voice questioned. Just then the voice answered her own question. Because he's Luhan. Because he, no matter what he himself says, is kinder than everyone else.

Hana smiled at her thoughts, the tears close to oozing out. She couldn’t really define the feeling that took over her whole being. She was just … touched. Touched by his kindness towards her.

The girl blinked several to prevent the tears from falling, but they still found their way to her cheeks. So, unable to make herself stop crying, she just stood there, slowly trying to process how Luhan was being so kind.

The male, slightly surprised by her sudden tears, reached out and patted her head. “Why are you crying again, Hana?” He asked her, a soft smile gracing his lips. “You should be smiling,” he whispered, holding up both of his hands, his index fingers gently pushing against her cheek on each side, causing an awkward smile to spread on the girl's lips. That would have made Hana laugh, if she wasn’t crying at the moment.

His actions, that were so free from any ill intent, just wanted to make her cry even more. Cry for this male and the unfair fate given to him. Why couldn’t he be the one released? Why was it her?

It wasn’t as if Hana didn’t want to recover, but she couldn’t deny that she sincerely thought Luhan was the one deserving a little positive turn of events.

“I'm crying,” she said between her sobs, feeling like a little child, “because you are the one staying here, and I am the one being released, even though you deserve it more than I do. And yet you're not envious; you even encourage me to be happy. I'm crying because someone as kind as you doesn’t deserve what you're going through,” she blurted, feeling so much better now she'd gotten it off her chest.

Luhan stared at her for a few seconds, eyes wide in surprise, before a chuckle left his lips. “That's my Hana,” he mumbled with a smile, shaking his head lightly. “I can't bring myself to be envious of you because to me your recovery is as important as my own. Because I care for you too much to be blinded by any negative feelings. I wish f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter