Time and Space

Flower of Despair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a chilly afternoon that Hana spend sitting on the grass, her feet a few inches from the pond and Luhan's head in her lap, like she often did. Quite some time passed and with the decrease of the temperature, she also knew that soon those calming days with Luhan here at this place wouldn’t be possible anymore. 

“Say,” she mumbled, his hair – it had become a habit for the two to constantly share small, almost innocent, physical contact. “Why did you run away from home home, actually?” She asked. Luhan had told her more about him; about his former friends, about his childhood, but one thing that still remained a mystery to Hana was the reason he left his home.

“Just a fight, haven't I already told you?” Luhan replied absent-mindedly. Hana wondered if he realized that it was obvious to her he'd been avoiding this question all the time. “You've told me so much already, why not come out with this one as well?”

When the girl heard him say in defeat, she smiled to herself, content. “What do I get if I tell you?” He then asked and Hana's smile faltered. “Why are you so persistent on keeping it a secret?”

Before she could wait for his answer, she was already pulled down, her back falling against the grass. The little gasp got stuck in as she stared at Luhan who was hovering above her, both of his arms supporting his weight so he wouldn’t crush the girl. “Hana, seriously. What do I get?” He asked again, his voice lower this time, sending shudders down the girl's spine.

Hana gulped and increasing rate of the thumping of her heart didn’t help her grasp a proper thought either. As much as she could shrug whilst lying on the grass, she did so. “What do you want?” She asked back in an almost challenging tone, looking him in the eyes, their gazes locking.

The male smirked in amusement upon noticing the challenging tone before he leaned down a bit. His lips were barely an inch away from hers, when he whispered, “A kiss?” Not leaving the girl enough time to answer, he already closed the distance and softly pressed a kiss on her lips. The movements were gentle but at the same time insisting, and soon Hana found herself responding to them.

Each movement of his lips that felt like rose petals sent sparks through her body, tingling in every part of her body.

Neither of the two had talked about the strong feelings for the other one. None words of such content had been exchanged, and yet both seemed to know the other person's heart. It was so natural that one would think they were one soul halved and put into two bodies. The halves belonged together. They were one.

When Luhan's lips left hers and he sat up again, Hana only lay there and watched as the male tilted his head, looking at the almost dying lilies swimming in the water. Silence enveloped them for a while.

“Now that you know almost everything, I'm no angel anymore, right?” He asked out of nowhere while his gaze remained on the flowers. “What am I then?” He questioned. The content sounded more dramatic than his voice indicated. His voice had just been a breath.

“I don’t know yet,” Hana truthfully answered. “But I will figure out … someday.”

There was a hint of a smile on Luhan's lips upon hearing that. Once again, silence enveloped them, comfortable silence. It was the one kind of silence only those two shared. Frail and beautiful, standing on the thin thread between deadness and noise – the calming silence.

Only when night fell upon them, that Hana realized she'd once again fallen for one of Luhan's tricks. He hadn't answered her question in the end. But when she glanced at the male as he stood up and patted the grass from his pants, while an expression so undefinable to her, was on his face, she decided to wait.

Once he felt like talking, he would surely do so.

They had time, didn’t they?


Little did she feel that spark of uncertainty that shot through her, disappearing as quickly as it appeared.

Little did she realize that feeling at the pit of her stomach.

 

 

 

“Can't you at least give me a hint?” Hana asked one day, a touch of impatience in her voice, as she nudged Luhan gently while she sat in front of him. Something inside her was urging her to find it out. She just needed to know it. She couldn’t even name a particular reason. There was just this … worry. Almost as if she didn’t have time, even when that wasn’t true.

A sigh was about to escape Luhan's lips when Hana suddenly leaned her forehead against his, surprising him a little, but he quickly recovered from the small surprise and a pleased smile spread across his lips. “There's a part in me that desperately wants to know it, Luhan. I can't even explain why, but it's so hard to hold it back … so please?” She begged, locking gazes with him.

Her lips were so incredibly close to his, that Luhan could barely control the urge in him. “Fine,” he breathed and as his lips moved they almost brushed hers. The almost touch sent shivers over the girl's spine.

“A hint … it has to do with the voice,” he mumbled, each word causing their lips to nearly meet. Upon hearing that, Hana frowned. It was vague information, as the voice could mean anything that involved speaking or yelling, but then again what had she expected? This was Luhan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter