Last Day

Flower of Despair
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The one week Hana had been given passed quickly. It felt so brief to her, a tad too brief. It was as if the last day arrived in a blink of an eye. And the girl could do nothing but watch as this fairytale, that had slowly formed in her mind, slipped away from her fingers. 

Hana emptily gazed at the lilies in the pond that could be described as dead already, her mind unable to phrase proper thoughts, as she leaned against Luhan, like she always did. So, with the beauty of the lilies, she had to disappear as well, huh? She hadn't told him anything yet, and she had asked the doctor to keep quiet about the news as well. Maybe it was because she still failed to make herself accept the fact she had to leave. Maybe she was still clinging onto the lost fairytale. Maybe …

The sudden sound of a melody made Hana snap back out of her thoughts and she lifted her head a bit, eyes rounding. Turning her face to gaze up at the male, she realized that he was humming a melody unknown to her. Just then, it hit her, and she almost wanted to groan at her own stupidity for not thinking of it earlier. “You wanted to be a singer, right?” she asked, all of a sudden her eyes becoming less dull, as she moved away from him and turned around so she sat facing him. Almost like a child, she reached out and gently grasped his shoulders while kneeing to be on one level so she could lock eyes with him, her gaze eager.

When the male didn’t say anything and just stared at her, a little overwhelmed by her sudden outburst, she leaned forward, decreasing the little distance between their faces. Eyes wide, she urged him to answer, and he then finally gave in as he nodded barely noticeably and avoided her gaze by looking to the side. A soft blush crept up his cheeks, and Hana's eyes widened even more. Luhan was embarrassed. He, Luhan, was actually embarrassed!

Despite having pressed her lips together in an attempt not to grin, she broke into a wide grin. “It's the first time you're so cute,” she exclaimed happily, cupping his face with her hands – her paralyzed hand was a bit stiff, though – and chuckling at him.

Luhan's eyes widened and a deeper shade of red tinted his cheeks before he furrowed his brows and glared at her. He preferred to be called manly. “I'm not cute,” he half mumbled, half grumbled. That, however, only earned him an 'aww' from Hana while she continued to chuckle.

Slightly angered by her teasing, he got on his knees (instead of sitting) and leaned forward in a kind of forceful manner that the girl had no option but to arch her back, so their faces wouldn’t touch, which caused her fall back and she ungently fell on the ground. A smirk tugged at Luhan's lips as he hovered over her, both of his arms propped up to support his weight. “This is what you get from calling me cute,” he chuckled darkly, sending shudders down Hana's spine.

He leaned forward, and instinctively the girl closed her eyes as he placed a kiss on her cheek, sending a fluttering tingling all over her body. Before he completely sat up, he pecked her lips, chuckling softly.

Hana sat up and shook her head, a dreamy smile on her lips. A while passed with both of them relishing the silence before the girl nudged Luhan gently. “Can you sing something for me?”

The male shook his head, seemingly embarrassed by her request. However, Hana insisted with all her might as she continued to nudge him playfully until she managed to lure a sigh from his lips. “Okay …” he mumbled before he sat up straighter. “But you have to close your eyes,” he demanded and Hana nodded eagerly, satisfied with her victory.

She closed her eyes and unconsciously held her breath as she waited for him to begin. Luhan had to bite back a chuckle when his gaze fell upon the girl's face with her eyes closed. He' would peck her lips again, if not for the seriousness he possessed when it was about his passion, so he shook his head before taking a deep breath.

A beautiful melody filled the air, his voice so beautifully smooth that even nightingales would be in awe upon hearing it. Hana felt her toes curl up at the sound of his voice. To say it was beautiful would be an understatement she wouldn’t dare to commit. It was beyond the range of words she was familiar with.

Unable to follow what he demanded, Hana opened her one eye irreducibly to peek at the singing Luhan. And unsurprisingly, he looked as beautiful while singing as he sounded. His eyes were cl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter