9

Back To You

 

Narrator

 

Minah punched in the code of her condo unit and the door opened. She blinked as she heard her stereo playing.

“Jongin.” She muttered to herself as she shut the door behind her and walked in.

She found Kai inside her living room, reading.

“You know how to read?” Nayoung glanced at him. His other arm was in a cast.

“Why aren’t you with Hyojeong, Kai? You should be apologizing to her, you idiot.”

Mina plopped next to him.

“She wouldn’t pick up any of my calls, Meens.”

“Come to think of it, I cant even remember if I’ve been to Aspen.” She glared at him.

“Why is it so hard for you to come clean to your parents?”

“She’s right.” Sehun walked out of the kitchen.

“You should have changed your pass code, Meens.” Kai grinned at her.

“Can you two buy something to cook? Minah’s fridge is basically empty except for water and eggs.” Sehun demanded.

Kai chuckled.

“It’s movie night.” Sehun shrugged.

“It’s still lunch time, Sehun.” Minah reasoned.

“We’re having an over time movie day, Meens. Come on, you’ll drive today.” Kai tossed her the keys. Minah grunted.

“At least let me change into something comfortable.” She said as she headed up to her room.

 

Minah was in a pair of leather high waisted shorts and a camel colored sweater as they walked in the super mart. Kai was beside her, in a crisp casual suit.

“I’ll push the cart.” Minah said as she headed for the cart section. Kai looked around as he waited for her.

“What does Sehun plan to cook?” She asked as she eyes her New Balance trainers again.

“He texted me the ingredients.” Kai replied as he took out his phone with his free hand. Minah extended her hand. Kai rolled his eyes and handed her the phone.

“You can get the ingredients~”

“Let’s go dragon lady, I know what I’m doing.” Kai started to walk away from her.

Minah grinned and followed him.

“He wants vegetables. Carrots, onions, lettuce and radish.” Kai murmured as he walked to the frozen section with Minah behind him.

“How was Jeju, Meens?” Kai asked as he picked up a pack of carrots.

“Cold.” She replied as she eyed the oranges and decided to pick a bunch of them.

“How creative.” Kai said to her and turned for the onions.

“When are you getting your cast off?” She asked.

“Two weeks max.”

Minah nodded, then Kai poked her side.

“You know, you don’t fit in here.” He shuddered playfully. Minah rolled her eyes and pushed him away.

“You’re too….business-y for the mart.” He said blatantly. Minah just wrapped one arm around his.

“Ya, why don’t you just go and gather the items and be quiet.”

Kai chuckled and wiggled away from her.

“So bossy.”

 

Minho’s cleaning lady had called in sick; he was forced to buy things for himself. He grabbed a cart before entering the mart. He was just dressed in denim jeans and a stripped shirt.

He headed for the meat section when he noticed a familiar figure a few meters away from him.

It was Minah, she was pushing a cart.

Minho had to look at her again; she looked so different in casual clothing. She doesn’t look like a lady who runs a big corporation; she looked so relaxed and approachable.

Then he saw a male approach her and tossed some items onto her cart.

To his amazement, Minah laughed.

 

 

“Ya, Sehun hates that stuff.” Minah was referring to the frozen chicken Kai placed on the cart. Kai shrugged and placed his free arm around her waist.

“What is it? Spotted one of your clingy dates again?” Minah bit back her smile. Kai shook his head.

“One of those high school kids were eyeing your beautiful gams, babe. I don’t like it.”

Minah shuddered and pushed him away.

“Language, please, Kai. No babe.”

“Whatever, oh~ Minho, right?” Kai was looking at another direction.

 

Minho shook out of his revelry as he heard Hyojeong’s boyfriend call him. Somehow he found it a little odd that Kai was so affectionate with Minah.

“Nice to see you again, Kai.” Minho nodded. Minah gave him a nod.

“We meet again, Minho-ssi.” Minah said.

Kai turned to her and raised one brow.

“He’s the director of Choi Group, Kai. We were at Jeju together.” She explained, her way of speaking was slightly different, Minho was intrigued.

“Oh, so you’ve met my best friend. Good luck to you, Minho.” Kai chuckled.

“We grew up together.” Minah explained to him.

“Ah, I see. Hyojeong did tell me that you got in an accident, it’s good to see that you are well.”

Kai nodded.

“Then, see you around, Director Choi~ I mean Minho.” She gave him a small smile before heading off with Kai.

Minho watched as the two started to walk away.

He had to admit, Minah was so different outside the work place or was it just she was with someone she was comfortable with? But he didn’t know why but suddenly he felt the urge to try to get to know the Kang Minah better.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++