37

Back To You

Narrator

 

Minah put her seat belt on as Minho started the car.

“Minho~”

“They should be stop by now.”

“But, you didn’t have to….”

Minho smiled at her and patted her shoulder. Minah tensed fractionally at his touch.

“People were spreading rumors about my girlfriend, I should at least help right?”

Minah blinked back and looked at the window instead.

“..About Kai..what he did, I’m sorry.”

Minho frowned, remembering how Kai had hit him.

“He’s been having a hard time, please understand him.”

“He seems to be really protective of you.”

Minah nodded.

“He has always been like that. Kai can be a real…jerk at times but he’s really special to me.” She smiled at him before turning to the window again.

“Ah, I see.” Minho replied as he glanced at her briefly. He frowned as he stepped on the accelerator.

 

 

“What were you thinking?! What will the Mins say?!” The elder Kim bellowed at his youngest son, Kai wasn’t looking at him. He had his arms crossed while sitting down.

“Son, why are you doing this?” His mother asked calmly. Kai’s brows furrowed.

“First you never introduced her to us, you lied about her, then now you do this.”

Across him, Jaejoong was studying his brother, he knew what Kai was thinking. He never loved Hyojoeng that way, she was just someone Kai dated to help him forget Minah, but he never did.

“I never asked you to publish our relationship, eomma.” Kai replied. His mother sighed.

“It’s something that can help our company~”

“Help? What kind of help?” Kai looked up, his father turned to him angrily.

“I’ve had enough of you playing around, Kim Jongin. You better get your act together and apologize to Miss Min.” He snapped.

Kai grunted and shook his head, and then he went out of the room.

 

Sehun looked at the flat screen television and sighed. The news of Minho talking to the press with Minah was being publicized too much. He knew how this would disturb Kai.

He looked at Kai, he was sitting on his leather office chair.

“Do you know where she is right now?” Kai asked.

“No, that’s why I came here, I thought she was with you.” Sehun said quietly as he decided to switch off the television.

Kai glanced at the screen. He grunted.

“We all know where she is now.” He stated. Sehun frowned and sat down.

“I don’t think~”

“Minah never allow other people to touch her like that, we know that Sehun. But this….Choi guy…she seems so relaxed with him.”

“Hyung, they have to pretend.” Sehun reasoned.

“Pretend? I don’t think so. That Minho, he has feelings for her already. Can’t you see? He defended her against the press.”

“This would never have happened hyung, if you just told everyone the truth.”

Kai looked at his friend.

“What truth?”

“We all know this one hyung, you don’t love Hyojeong, you’re just using her as…some sort of cover to hide your feelings for Meens.”

“Just confess to her, hyung. It’s~”

“I cant lose her, if I tell her, she might run away from me.”

“How sure are you?” Sehun replied.

Kai closed his eyes and looked away.

 

Hyojeong smiled as she watched the day’s news. People were starting to talk about Kang Minah. Her squeaky clean dragon lady image was being tarnished.

“Good for you.” She whispered to herself.

Then she was about to stand when her phone started to ring.

She picked it up and answered.

“Good afternoon, Miss Min.”

She blinked.

“This is Song Jisun, Kim Jongpil’s secretary.”

It was Kai’s father’s secretary.

“Mister Kim requires your presence tomorrow at lunch, are you free?”

 

Minah looked at the cup of warm coffee on her palms. She was at Jeju. After driving away from Minho’s office, they immediately went to the airport and flew to the island via helicopter.

She was inside the Choi’s villa in one of Jeju’s exclusive villages.

“I’m sorry I had to drag you into this mess.” She murmured. Minho smiled and took the seat across hers.

“I don’t know how they made that story. Two timing with Kai?” She laughed bitterly.

“Have you spoken to Kai about it?” Minho asked, remembering his cousin.

“Not really. He was called to his company immediately.”

Minho frowned and looked at his own cup.

Minah looked around the house.

“I guess you don’t come here often?” She asked. Minho nodded.

“Since we’re already here, do you want to go around the island?”

Minah bit her lip, remembering what happened the last time she was in Jeju.

“Don’t worry, we won’t head to the site.” Minho smiled reassuringly.

“I meant no work for today.”

Minah chuckled and nodded.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++