13

Back To You

 

 

Narrator

 

“You sure know how to blow blind dates, Minho-ssi.” Minah said as the directors left, she was now alone with Minho in his office.

Minho smiled sheepishly.

“I’m sorry about that, Minah. I just needed an escape.”

Minah shook her head.

“I’ve been into that kind of situation. I kind of understand.” She nodded as she folded the leather file and slipped it in her Hermes Birkin bag.

Minho smiled and looked down.

“Do your parents force you to go to blind dates too?” He asked carefully.

“Sort of. The secret to that is to arrange as many meetings as possible on the very day.” She nodded as she stood up.

“Let’s work hard.” She said before turning to the door, a few seconds later, she was gone.

Minho smiled as he looked at the door.

“Very well said, Minah.” He murmured before sitting on his desk.

 

Minah had just got out of the Choi Group’s elevator when her phone started to ring.

It was Kai’s secretary.

She put the phone near her ear.

“Yes, Secretary Seo?” She asked.

“Miss Kang, good noon. If I may ask, have you seen~”

“He didn’t come today again?” She asked exasperatedly.

“Yes, and he has a meeting in two hours with the board.”

“I’ll try to contact him, he’ll be at the office in an hour.”

 

 

“So, how is she?” Jonghyun asked as they started eating lunch.

“She?” Onew looked up.

“Jinki hyung, they mean Kang Minah. Dragon lady of Kangsan Group, her and Minho hyung are working for a joint project.” Taemin said as he sliced his steak.

“She’s….okay.” Minho shrugged.

“I’m sure she left an impression on you, Choi Minho.” Key said.

“Well, she’s pretty. But~”

“Face of an angel, body of a devil?” Jonghyun grinned suggestively.

“Hyung, please not on the table.” Minho said.

“So how do you find her?” Key piqued.

“She’s really smart and independent. She’s headstrong and knows how to handle business well.”

“Well…..and?”

Minho looked at his plate.

“I find her interesting.”

 

Minah was right, Kai wasn’t at his Apgujeong unit, he was at his Gangnam house. She punched in the code at the gate, and it opened wide for her andher car to pass.

As soon as Minah was inside the house, she prepared a light meal and took off her blazer.

“Kim Jongin!” She hissed as she got in his room. Kai was sleeping, clad in a black shirt and jersey shorts.

“Kai!” She said again as she sat on the bed and tugged on his covers.

“….What the hell….Meens?” He murmured. Minah smiled and stood up. She pulled the curtains open.

“Meeting with BOD in two hours.”

“Which BOD?” Kai grumbled as he sat up.

“BOD of your technologies at the telecommunications department.” She answered as she patted his hair down. Kai smiled.

“I’m hungry.”

“I know, I prepared something in the kitchen. Now go shower.” She said before pushing him off the bed.

“Why are you up so late, anyway?”

“I talked with Hyojeong, we had a few drinks and then….well, we’re okay now.”

“Good.”

“But, she still wants me to…tell mom and dad, Meens.”

“And I know you’re not ready for that.” Minah finished for him. Kai nodded as he stood up.

“Things will work out eventually, don’t worry.” She offered, at a loss of words. Kai chuckled.

“That was lame, Na.”

“I was trying to help, you lazyass.”

“Whatever, miss dragon lady. Now get out, I need to shower.”

 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++