Chapter 3

Reminiscence

 

“Nice to meet you, but I’ve have to say no.” Chanhee responded. Byunghun expressed a puzzled look, not understanding the answer “No.” Byunghun chuckles at his conclusion he came up with. “I’m sorry, but are you that attracted by my looks that you answered wrongly? That’s supposed to be a yes right?” Byunghun pressed.

Chanhee shook his head. “You’ve heard it right. It’s a No.” Chanhee responded, before leaving the counter to attend to other customers. This is the first time Byunghun ever got turned down. He never realized that there exists another person who could reject such a handsome hunk like himself. ‘He couldn’t possibly just turn me down! Even if he’s straight, my looks are enough to turn one gay!” Byunghun mentally voiced out.

Instead of giving up, it gave Byunghun even more reason to ask Chanhee out. It’s certainly is a long time since he had a challenging target. Byunghun isn’t going to let his title of playboy go to waste. “Come on! Just one date! You’ll definitely enjoy it!” Byunghun argued.

“No means No! Stop being so stubborn! Plus I just met you, what makes you think I should go on a date with you anyways!” Chanhee explains, obviously annoyed by the pestering of the boy he just met less than minutes ago. Byunghun scoff at Chanhee’s statement on dating. “What era are you in anyways? People can just date each other without being friends first! Isn’t it the same as blind dating” Byunghun debated back.

“Then, you must be deluded. Sadly, I’m not in that “era” you spoke off. Now, please leave – you’re being a nuisance.” Chanhee replies, not giving damn to Byunghun. ‘Probably a straightforward approach doesn’t work at all’ Byunghun concluded. “Sigh… Alright, I give up. What would do to go on a date with me?” Byunghun said.

“I probably wouldn’t have time even I asked you to help. I’ve got a monthly quota to meet to ensure the bakery stays open! And you’re a detrimental person to it.” Chanhee replies irritably. “So, if you manage to meet it – you’ll have time to date me?” Chanhee simply nods.

Byunghun took out his wallet, and place two one-hundred thousand won on the counter top. “There. I’m buying all the stuff you have here. You should have met your quota.” Chanhee stare at the notes, before pushing back the notes to Byunghun. “I don’t want your pity. I can very well meet the quota if –“

“So you’re now trying to deny me of buying your products? This is how you treat your customer?”

“I’m… I’m not. Alright, fine.” Chanhee caved in. Byunghun, on the other hand is doing a victory dance inside his head. ‘There isn’t anything money couldn’t do!’ Byunghun signals Chanhee to get ready. Chanhee place his apron on the counter top, grab his belongings, and went to tell Minsoo that he’s taking the day off.

“Minsoo! I’m going to take a day off out! I’ll see you tomorrow!” Minsoo quickly reappears from the back, looking all flustered and sweaty. He certainly has worked hard manually. “What? With who?”He asked in between breaths. Chanhee points to the blond boy waiting outside. “It’s just a small date.”

“You can’t be serious! Who is he? You don’t even know him!” Minsoo reasoned. Chanhee thought for a moment, before shaking his head. “But I got no choice. He help the bakery met the monthly quota. I’ve got to pay back to him. Plus, it’s just a small date – I don’t believe it will do any harm to me.” Chanhee smiles back to Minsoo. “Thanks for caring though. Don’t worry! I’ll be back soon enough!”

Minsoo watch with worrisome eyes as Chanhee exits the bakery. But he wasn’t worried, but jealous. He has a deep crush on Chanhee since they are kids, but Minsoo never had the courage to ask the other out; and to think a mere stranger beat him to it.  But despite Chanhee’s constant reassurance earlier, Minsoo couldn’t put his finger around the date being “harmless”. Who would pay everything in the bakery just to ask Chanhee out?

That guy has a motive. I’m sure of it.’ Minsoo concluded. He adjusted his own clothes, grab what he needed and went to trail quickly behind the pair.

“Where are we going?” Chanhee asked. To be honest, Chanhee is feeling all excited at the moment. This is his first date out, and as a relief – with someone who has good looking features. It certainly would be a date to remember, and to tell in the future. “You’ll see when we get there” Chanhee pouts and frowns at the other. He wanted to know so badly, but supposed he could wait. Knowing the surprise would probably ruin the date. ‘I supposed I’ll let the other do the work’ Chanhee though.

“Here we are” Byunghun exclaims. Chanhee blinks repeatedly, hopefully he did see what he is seeing right now. “So… we’re having a date at a basketball court? How “romantic”” Chanhee explains. Byunghun chuckles at the other’s disappointment. “It isn’t much, but this is my stage! So want to play a round with me?” Byunghun requested the other.

“I… don’t know how to play basketball” Chanhee mutters, with the last few words trailed off. Chanhee mentally hit himself, thinking that he had destroyed the date. It’s so unusual for a boy like Chanhee to not know how to play, after all he is taller than the basketball captain.

Byunghun chuckles, as he grabs Chanhee’s hand and pulls him towards the court. “No fret, I can teach.” He then threw a ball to Chanhee.

“Well then, let’s begin!”


AN: Here is today's chapter! Hope it isn't that disappointing! Thanks for the Comments and New Subscriptions! They are loved! :) 

Chapter BG Music: Yoojia + Babysoul: She's a Flirt.