Chapter 33

Reminiscence

 

Byunghun stood outside the house that belonged to a certain family. He let his gaze wander around to analyze the surroundings. The house is rather isolated from the main part of the residential. The house looked as if it would break down with just a small touch, but when Byunghun felt the concrete walls, it felt study enough. Well, if it is able to support and give warmth to the family, then so be it.

He knocks on the wooden door with sufficient strength, and took a step back. It took a good long five minutes, before the door swung open, revealing a certain boy’s father. As usual, Byunghun can’t seem to but notice that with every meeting he has with the other, the boy would always stiffen up, as if he’s afraid of Byunghun. “Oh it’s you Byunghun… What are you doing here?” Chanhee asked, eyeing the younger male.

“Before I state my business, I hope you don’t mind inviting me in. The message I’m supposed to pass to you would be a rather long and tedious one.” Byunghun stated with a smile. Despite many meetings, Chanhee still gave the other a good long stare, before nodding and stood by the wall, allowing the younger male to step pass him. Byunghun did take note that when he walked dangerously close pass Chanhee, the older male tensed up even more. “I really hope you don’t mind my intrusion.” Byunghun voiced out, feeling that probably the tensing is due to his out-of-no-where appearance. But the other simply shook his head.

When Byunghun is a good distance away, Chanhee turned his back on the other to close the door. However, it does seems that the younger male’s presence have an effect on Chanhee that he never thought he would fumble with closing the door. He jumped and shrieked when he felt the other place his hand on Chanhee’s shoulder. “Are you okay? You seemed a little…” Byunghun asks with concern but did not finish his sentence when Chanhee abruptly turned to face the younger, placing a forced smile on his lips and shaking his head hard to show that he is alright.

“The living room is just towards the right.” Chanhee stated, before gesturing the younger to follow him. He quickly slither pass the small gap between Byunghun and the wall and he couldn’t help but jumped a little once more when he felt his shoulder touching the other’s own. Byunghun eyed the older individual as he walk away from him and later out of his sight once he made a right turn. He immediately touch his own face, arms and body wondering if there is something on him that made the other feel like that. Byunghun woke back up to reality when he heard Chanhee call out for the other.

Byunghun straightens himself and walked towards the source. He finds it amazing how such a small house, could be so cozy. He never felt like that in his own large apartment. The house is practically oozing out warmth of home. “Here, you can sit here. Ricky! Byunghun is here!” Chanhee offered before calling the little boy down. It did not take long before a bubbly boy came dashing into the arms of Byunghun. “L.joe! You’re here! That evil doctor isn’t here is she?” Ricky asks, before looking behind Byunghun, checking for Hyuna’s presence. “No you rascal. She’s not here. I came along to tell you guys something.”

Byunghun took a seat, and allowed Ricky to sit on his lap as Ricky admires all the little details on Byunghun’s face. “So I’m here to tell you guys that Hyuna and I would be taking a premature leave, back to Seoul.” Byunghun started. The impact is strong enough to make Ricky stop his own admiration and gave a look to Byunghun. Chanhee frowns slightly at the message. “Wait, but the procedures on Ricky isn’t complete. When I signed the contract, I was told that the procedure would be full term, which is why the money must be paid up on hand and no refunds but now you’re leaving…”

Byunghun nods with understanding. “Not worry, we’re not going back on what the contract has stated. We’re offering an alternative solution to allow the completion of Ricky’s procedure. Hyuna have suggested taking Ricky back to Seoul, where she will continue the checks there. Also, now that there exist hospitals with proper equipment, she would be able to analyze better the disease Ricky has for a cure. So I’m here to ask for your own opinion.” Byunghun explained.

He watches Chanhee with a watchful eye as he sees Chanhee biting his bottom lip, struggling to decide on the situation. “If you’re thinking on the lodgings, Hyuna have that covered. You can stay in the apartment where we’re living at. We have plenty of guest rooms to provide.” Chanhee look into Byunghun’s eyes momentarily before averting away and nods.

“For how long?” Chanehee asked. Byunghun ponders slightly, having not told how long the procedures will be but he thought that since Ricky has a same case as him, and it probably might be the same. “I’ll give it at most 3 months.” Chanhee’s head shoots up with surprised eyes. He never thought it would take so long. Chanhee didn’t want to return, because he wants to avoid someone.

But before Chanhee can reply, the three male heard the front door opening, before closing. Ricky perks up and hopped off Byunghun. “CAP!” He calls out, and released a ‘oomf-like’ sound, tells that he did collide into the older with a hug. “Hey Ricky. Is there a guest? I saw someone shoes out… side.” Minsoo trails off as he walked into the living room, with Ricky by his side. “CAP! That’s the L.joe I spoke to you about!” Ricky chimed. But Minsoo kept his silence. Chanhee sense the tensed moment and signals Ricky to return to his room. Despite the little boy’s whines, he eventually did.

“What’s he doing here?” Minsoo growled slightly. Byunghun scoffs at the tone and the vibe the older is giving off. “Sorry but have we met before? I hope you aren’t someone who simply dislikes someone just on their first meeting. What do you think with anyway, your muscles?” Byunghun teased.

And that was his mistake when he felt a punch landed on his own face. Being unprepared, Byunghun stumbles backwards as he muttered curses under his breath, his hand cradling his own cheek, hissing out in pain. “What the hell is that for? I could sue you for assault!” Byunghun yelled out.

“Go ahead and sue all you want. I’ve bet you wanted to just find a reason to finish what you’ve started years ago is you - To completely destroy our lives, especially Chanhee’s!” Minsoo barked out in anger, letting his rage control him. “W-what?” Byunghun muttered in confusion. ‘What I started years ago? I’ve never met them before!’ He thought out.

“Minsoo!” Chanhee yelled out. The raging boy softens slightly before turning to look at Chanhee, who is now wearing a pained expression. He sighs bitterly before turning his gaze on Byunghun. “We’ll consider the proposition. But for now, please leave. I apologize for Minsoo action. But… please leave us alone for the time being.” Chanhee mutters, voice laced with pain that even Minsoo can feel it.

Minsoo tries to apologize, but Chanhee stops the speech as he held up a hand. “Daddy?” Ricky calls out behind a wall. “I heard screaming… is there something wrong?” Chanhee turned his attention to the little boy, and went to pick him up. “There’s nothing wrong. Come let’s go play. Daddy will play with you.” Chanhee exclaims and force out a smile. Ricky seems to accept it and his mood lifts up immediately.

Byunghun cannot understand his current situation. Everything seems so confusing to him right now. Sure he may have uncovered the truth behind Ricky’s birth, but he doesn’t see how it links to him. But he is unable to think with his current state. He felt his blood boil slightly when the muscle male punched him out of nowhere. He stood up from his position and stormed out of the apartment.

Byunghun is too furious to think right now. All he wanted to do now is just head back home and sleep it away. 


A/N

Bad Minsoo for dropping such an obvious hint! :< 

But can't be help :/ They both didn't have a good relationship at the first place. 

Sorry for the very late chapter, but I think this should be entertaining enough >:D! 

Enjoy!