Chapter 9

Reminiscence

 

“Aish… I’m so famished!” Chanhee whined. He hasn’t had lunch yet, and the journey to the city area is a long distance from Byunghun’s home. Byunghun chuckles while continue to put focus on maneuvering his automobile on the road. He didn’t want any accidents to happen, especially if this is a make-up date to Chanhee.

“Calm you tummy. We’re almost there.” Byunghun replies trying to calm the hungry boy next to him. Although his eyes are on the road, he could hear, or the very sense feels that Chanhee pouted. “I should have eaten something before I left…” The other boy continues to rant to himself.

He turns to a corner and brings the vehicle to a stop. “Here we are” Byunghun announced, though the other boy didn’t exactly need that announcement. The stopping of the car, outside a restaurant is an obvious signal to Chanhee’s eyes. “Yah! How long are you going to stare! Hurry up!” Chanhee hurried Byunghun. Byunghun didn’t realize he stared at other, and got caught at the same time. He envied how cheerful Chanhee can be, despite all those… problems.

Deciding not to keep a very hungry boy waiting, he exited from the driver’s seat and ensured that the automobile is locked before approaching the entrance with Chanhee. “This is… posh.” Chanhee gaped. Although the exterior do not sum up much, the restaurant’s interior is complete different. The place glowed with luxury, and everything simply sparkles under the light. It seemed to have been bathed in golden light.

“Table for two, sir?” A waiter asks politely with a slight bow to the boys. Byunghun hums in agreement, and followed the waiter’s lead to their table. Whilst moving halfway, he realized Chanhee isn’t following. Turning his gaze back to the entrance, there stood a complete, and still, mesmerized Chanhee whose brain probably is still processing all these.

He instructs the waiter to pause his movements for a moment, before returning to the older boy. Having the posh designs as a first priority in his mind, Chanhee did not realize the approximate closeness Byunghun is to him. “Close your mouth Chanhee. It’s not very… nice.” Byunghun whispers softly, pushing Chanhee’s jaw upwards at his chin.

That slightly movement brought Chanhee back into reality; causing him to flutter his eyes in adjustment to his new surroundings. He took an instant back step when he found his face just inches away from his date. “Y-Yea. Let’s go…” Chanhee quickly recovers, face tinted with pink. Luckily for him, the golden glow in the restaurant has seemly overpowered the pink tint, thus did not expose the seemed blush. Byunghun shrugged in response, before tailing after the older boy.

Having taken their seats, Chanhee knew what’s to come from the menu. He reconfirms his fears as he explores it. Not a minute later, he closes the menu gently, eyes closed for not wanting to see the price of the dishes. “I…we can’t dine here. It’s all so… expensive” Chanhee exclaims, ensuring to emphasize the last word with a hushed whisper.

But he did not get an agreement he had expected, but instead more of the annoying chuckling from his date. “I know, but aren’t you forgetting that your date is a rich guy?” Byunghun smirks. “But… I couldn’t just have to pay it all…” Chanhee mutters softly. “I’d feel guilty…” He continues.

Byunghun waved his fingers at Chanhee. “So you don’t want to eat? It’s alright that I pay. I’m the guy anyway.” Chanhee frowns at Byunghun’s comment. “What do you mean by that…? I’m a guy as well.” He asks in confusion. Byunghun laughed at the thickness of Chanhee’s head. “Not in this date. You’ll be the… girl.”

It took moments, before it dawned to Chanhee what Byunghun is referring to. He blushed in deep red crimson, as he tries to hide his face with his hands. “Y-yah! How can you say s-such a thing w-with a s-straight face!” Chanhee replies with embarrassment. Byunghun shrugs. “All the more that I’m the man in this date. So I’m paying. No need to feel guilty.”

“But-“

“No buts. It’s either here or no food.” Byunghun quickly counters, feeling his hunger taking over his mood. Chanhee pouts in response, showing a sign of defeat. Chanhee tried his best not to order foods that are over costly, which slightly infuriates the other boy. “Chanhee… I can pay for it. I.am.rich. You doesn’t have to mind for my wallet.”

“Well, I want to eat those.” Chanhee replies, with his will intact. He isn’t going to lose this argument to Byunghun. “You… Alright, fine.” Byunghun sighs, admitting defeat. Chanhee continues to put a poker face smile, although he is practically doing a victory dance in his mind.

-

There’s more than to a lunch date for both of them. After that rich meal, Chanhee requested to watch a movie. “It’s been so long since I’ve last watch one!” He replied excitedly. “When is the last time you watched one?”

Chanhee pause to ponder for a moment, before turning back to Byunghun. “When I was around 5?” Byunghun blinked at the elder in front of him. When Chanhee had said ‘long’, he didn’t mean it to be that ‘long’. It’s not a few months ago, but more than 10 years ago! “That’s SO long ago!” He claims.

Chanhee nods in agreement. “Yeah, I know. Well, I’m not exactly very rich in a first place.” Byunghun shakes his head. ‘This boy is missing out so many things in his life!’ Byunghun thought. Having a goal set for the day in his mind, he grabs Chanhee’s and drag him to the theatre. “What are you…?” Chanhee asked, while absent mindedly letting Byunghun pull him.

“You need more fun in your life. I’m going to show all those things to you. Let’s not waste time shall we?” Byunghun explains. For the first time of that day, Chanhee smiled genuinely. “What film are we going to watch?” Chanhee suddenly asks.

Byunghun pause his movements. He turned and gave Chanhee the cheekiest look.

“Horror.” 


A/N: Sorry for the late update! Had to celebreate the lunar new year here! Am quite busy with visiting, though the chapter is all ready! Had thoughts of writing the date into 1 part, but I leave it to 2. =)! 

Thank you all for the comments and subsribes! 29 subscribers already! THANK YOU SO MUZH! Love you all!