Chapter 11

Reminiscence

 

Byunghun couldn’t stop smiling during his journey home. The memories they’ve made that day keep on repeating in his head, making him grin like an idiot. But no one will blame him however; after all they did have an awesome date, and earned something that would take forever for some couples to get – a kiss. But, they aren’t just an ordinary couple. Byunghun feels that they are something… special. They’re like soul mates in a sense.

He walked into his apartment, to frown for a moment. ‘I thought I had switched off the lights? And I believe I gave the housekeepers a day off…”Byunghun recalls. He slowly pace himself further into the apartment, eyes scanning around if there is anything unusual. “Hello?” Byunghun calls out.

“Finally you’re home! Where have you been and where’re the housekeepers?” His mother demanded after popping out from the corner. Byunghun sigh in relieve, knowing that it isn’t thieves or something. “I’ve went out on a date, and I gave them a day off.”

His mother nods and hums in acceptance. “I see, however though that would be your last date. And I would prefer if you break up with whoever you’re with now.” Byunghun’s mother said. Byunghun frowns in confusion. “W-what? Why?” He asks, wanting to know the reason behind those words.

His mother gestured him to follow her into the living room, where there sat a lady with brown chestnut wavy hair. “Byunghun, meet Kim Hyuna. From today onwards, she’ll be your fiancée.” His mother introduces, pulling her son’s hand and joined it with Hyuna’s. “Nice to meet you Byunghun.” Hyuna greeted with a smile, before slowly bowing in respect.

“Erm… Yeah… Nice to meet… you” Byunghun stammered a little bit, whose brain still processing the information that he was fed with. He pulled his mother to a side, with an expression of an angry one. “Fiancée? Are you freaking out of your mind? Why didn’t you discuss with me first? You guys just go for work like a million hours a day and you come back home just to tell me that I’ve got a fiancée?” He spat, not in a sense liking the situation.

“Don’t even talk to me like that! I’m your mother for god sake and I know about your notorious position being a playboy. It is a good time to get married and settle down! Hyuna’s a nice woman, and she’s a doctor already!” His mother returned. “But I do not know anything about her! Sure she has a good figure, the looks and the brains but I couldn’t just marry someone I have no knowledge about!”

His mother gave him a deadpanned look. “You who is already to date anyone in your school, comes and tell me that you can’t marry someone who excels in all parameters?” His mother scoffs, arms folded and head turning to one side Byunghun growled slightly, before taking a deep breath to calm down. He pinches the bridge between his eyes, to sooth the ache that is creeping up to his head. “Does she know?”

“Of course. She didn’t mind of course. She’s also willing to take the time to get to know you. Stop being such a girl and just accept her.” His mother persuades. Byunghun sighs in desperation, before shaking his head. “No… I won’t marry her. You may be my mother, but that doesn’t mean you can just decide my life. I’m leaving.” Byunghun ends the conversation, before stomping out of the house. ‘Thanks for ruin my day…’Byunghun mentally scoffs.

“Is something alright?” Hyuna calls out, looking all worry. His mother ruffles her own hair in frustration, before turning to Hyuna to assure her that it isn’t something big. ‘Byunghun would always never disagree to my words. There has to be something or someone stopping him.’ His mother concludes.

-

Chanhee practically skips his way home, or rather to Minsoo’s apartment. He gave a light knock on the door, and it swung open in no time. “Chanhee! Oh my god! Are you alright? How’s your injury? You didn’t have any trauma didn’t you? Oh my Chanhee, I’m so sorry I wasn’t there… I-“

Chanhee silence Minsoo with a finger on the other’s lips, stopping him from ranting anymore. “How am I supposed to answer you if you keep asking so many questions?” Chanhee chuckles, before making his way into the apartment. Minsoo glance at Chanhee for a moment, before closing the door to join him.

Chanhee plops down on the couch, before releasing a heavy exhale. “I’m alright Minsoo. Byunghun did take good care of me. My injuries are… healed to a certain extend. And I might have a little trauma still…” Minsoo widens his eyes in responds, instantly approaching Chanhee.

“T-trauma? What kind?”

“uhm… I think I only allowed certain people to touch me I’d guess. During my stay in Byunghun’s house, I didn’t let other’s touch me, but only him.” Minsoo growls subconsciously, startling the younger. “He didn’t do anything to you didn’t he? If he did, I’m going to …”

“No! He didn’t do anything! He helped me out of my clothes, changing my bandages …” Chanhee tries to calm the elder, but his words seemed to anger the other. “Change your clothes and bandages? Means he have seen your full glory? I knew that guy is taking advantage of you! I’m going to kill him!”

Chanhee embraced the elder in his arms, knowing this is the only way to calm him. Minsoo always adored the hugs Chanhee give to him. “You’re so cute Minsoo… See I’m hugging you perfectly, and I’ve never hugged anyone else yet other than you.” Chanhee half-lied, knowing perfectly that Byunghun did partially hug him, but it’s the best trick to calm the elder.

“… Really?” Minsoo reconfirms. Chanhee nods his head, before patting the other on his head. “You know you’re so cute when you’re jealous and protective. Your future girlfriend will be so lucky!” Chanhee commented, pinching the other’s cheek. That comment shot Minsoo in the heart. It hurts to know that Chanhee would not reciprocate the other’s feelings of him. He averted his gaze to the floor, not wanting Chanhee see the pained expression that appeared on his face. “Uhh… yea…” He responded weakly.

Then, Chanhee’s phone vibrated in his pocket. It’s a message from Byunghun.

I know we just separated… but can I see you again? I’ll be waiting for you below Minsoo’s apartment in about 15 minutes.”


A/N: Today's chapter! It's soon to nearing the of this arc! kekeke! I feel sad for Minsoo... Thanks for all the support! Loved the comments, subscribes as usual! :D