Chapter 40

Reminiscence

 

Byunghun trudge his way into the house as gloomed over the fact that he got rejected by Chanhee. Although they only dated for the few months in the past, it meant so much to Byunghun. He wondered if it actually meant something to Chanhee. He expected Chanhee to return to him when he got back his memories but he probably is one step late. The image of Chanhee living happily without him haunts his mind. Did Chanhee no longer need him? Even if that is the case, he needs Chanhee.

He sighs dryly as he make his way further into the apartment. He arched an eyebrow when he found Hyuna beaming with glee as she surf the internet. Byunghun probably needs some companion for the time being. Hyuna momentarily moved her gaze to Byunghun before frowning slightly. “What’s wrong?” She asked worryingly. Byunghun shakes his head as he takes a seat next to her, slinging his arm across her shoulders. “What are you doing? You seem happy.” He asked.

Hyuna claps her hands with excitement as she pointed to the browser she currently is surfing. “I’m deciding where we should go for our honeymoon. I’m thinking the Maldives would be a wonderful place!” She exclaims as she reviews more couple package offers the site has. Byunghun blinks in confusion before moving his head in front of Hyuna. “Isn’t the wedding two months later? Isn’t it early too select where we’re going for our honeymoon?” Byunghun questions.

“Oh silly me, I forgot to tell you the changes! The wedding date is changed. It’s to be held six days from now!” Hyuna exclaims as she playfully push Byunghun’s head away from her line of sigh. “Wait what? Who changed the date? Is it mother?” Byunghun asks as he once more intrudes Hyuna’s line of view. Hyuna chuckles as she pushes his head once more. “Of course not silly. Michelle would never change the date. If she wanted to, she would have asked. It’s your father who did the changes.” Hyuna says as she continues to surf.

Byunghun gaped at the news. His father normally would not handle such things and would leave everything to his mother. Even if he wanted to make changes, he did not understand why he changed the date forward – Wasn’t everything alright with the wedding being held two months later? He gave his agreement when the date is revealed to him.

He ruffles his hair in frustration as he excuse himself to somewhere private. He needs to talk to his father about it and if possible earn more time to win back Chanhee. He fumbles through his pocket for his phone and once he managed to get hold of it, he quickly pressed the quick dial button that has his father’s number registered in. Like a proper and respectful businessman, he did not let his caller wait.

“Ah, my son! What do you need of your old man?” His father answers with a low deep voice. “Why did you forward the date? Isn’t it fine with it two months later?” He snaps. He hears his father chuckles with a dark feel. “Straight to the point I see? What is wrong with moving it forward? The last time I’ve check, you’re pretty excited in marrying Hyuna. Isn’t this supposed to be something good? Don’t tell me that’s your happy tone, because if it is – you’re doing a good job in playing a prank on your father.” His father replies. Byunghun could not find an answer to reply because his father is correct in many ways. He is happy to marry Hyuna, but that is before he recalls his memories. Now that Chanhee has entered the picture once more, he did not want to continue with the engagement anymore. He snaps out of his thoughts when he hears his father chuckling.

“No reply? I understand. I know why you’ve called me. He returned hasn’t he – your old lover, Lee Chanhee. You wanted to win back his heart and then call off the wedding. Think I would let you do that? I know you will want to recover your memories one day – let’s say it is just a lawyer’s intuition. But take a long look to analyze the situation my son. Call off the wedding; you’re going to hurt a lot more people than you think. Chanhee is happy without you. I’ve sent you something interesting. Watch it and you’ll understand. He doesn’t need you anymore. Continue with the marriage with Hyuna. It is for the best.” His father exclaims as he ends the call. Minutes later, Byunghun’s phone rang out.

He opens the message to find a video inside the message. He pressed the play button and the video did more than just break his heart. The location is in Ricky’s room. It showed how Chanhee smiles and laughs when Minsoo tells him a joke. When Ricky teased Chanhee on how compatible he is with Minsoo, even if it is just a video he could see a tinge of blush forming on Chanhee’s face. Byunghun gulps air as he watches the video with trembling hands.

His father is right – Chanhee no longer needs him. His heart aches with pain as he watches Chanhee beam with happiness – without him. Byunghun curses his own fate, asking them mentally why he has to suffer such a state. If he had never lost his memories, he would have been still with Chanhee.

Byunghun wipes away the tears that fell from his eyes and went back to Hyuna. When Hyuna turns to look at his return, Byunghun abruptly embraces Hyuna into a warm embrace. “Whoa! What’s wrong with you?” Hyuna calls out as she returns the embrace. Byunghun shakes his head as he retracts slightly and places a kiss on Hyuna’s lips. “I’m just too excited about the marriage. I’m nervous.” He exclaims. Hyuna chuckles before placing her head down on Byunghun’s own shoulder. “Me too.”

Byunghun closes his eyes and lean towards the warmth. The kiss has no meaning at all and the hug lacks the love that it supposed to have. It has to be Chanhee that is in his arms and all. There are only that few days left for the wedding. Since he will be marrying Hyuna soon, it wouldn’t hurt to see Chanhee one last time, letting the older knows how he felt.

One last chance. 


A/N

Not a very well written Chapter I supposed. 

Supposed to write out in a way that Byunghun is convinced in marrying Hyuna. 

Well, i think the gist is there >_< Yet some how it did not sounded right. 

A bit messy in this Chapter, but i'll try to make it better in the next few ones! 

Next Chapter would be much better! (Spoiler: Chanhee and Minsoo) 

Untill next time!