Chapter 7

Reminiscence

 

“Hmmm…” Chanhee moans in pleasure, as he stirs from his slumber. He peeks through his right eye, limiting the amount of light entering. The room he’s seeing right now doesn’t seem familiar to Chanhee at all. Thinking that he’s still dreaming, he rubbed away all the sleepy sands in his eyes, before opening both eyes.

Sure enough, it isn’t his room, or any room he has seen before. It looked… luxurious. Everything in the room has a feel of luxury, too precious to touch. Chanhee tries to taking more of the view, before trying to push himself to a sitting position. At that moment, he felt a surge of intensive pain soar through him, causing him to unintentionally scream out in pain.

His scream isn’t unheard, as Byunghun rushed through the door, looking extremely exhausted with bed hairs stick at every directions. Seeing how he pants, he must have run here. “What’s… wrong?”Byunghun manages to ask, but caught the idea – seeing how Chanhee is resting now on his elbows with a pained expression.

Byunghun approach the boy, and gently lift the boy to a sitting position but Chanhee regretted it immediately. His hurts more than all the wounds he had on his body. He grunted in pain, as Byunghun went into a state of temporary panic, before quickly putting Chanhee back on the bed, in a lying position.

The pain, makes Chanhee recall all the unwanted memories he experienced. His foster father him. He knew one day he’s patience would snap, but Chanhee never expected it to be so soon. Chanhee turn to the shorter boy when he felt the bed sink slightly. Byunghun sighs, before turning to examine the other.

“Why didn’t you want to go to the hospital?” Byunghun ask. Chanhee blinks confusingly, not understanding his question. It took a few moments, before Chanhee realize the meaning. “I… don’t want the doctors… to know.” Chanhee muttered. Byunghun’s expression turned into a frown. “You’re hurt, and you won’t let them know that you’re hurt?”

“It’s not that! They’ll know what happen to me. They’ll know that he r-r-“ Chanhee couldn’t continue his sentence. It pains him to say that word that probably had traumatized him. Byunghun puts his finger on Chanhee’s lips to stop him from saying it. He motioned the older boy to continue, hinting that he knows what he was referring to.

“They’ll know he did that to me, and they’ll arrest him!” Chanhee continues, voice filled with worry. Byunghun scoffs, not believing what Chanhee had said. “Then have him arrested! After what he had done to you… He deserves a life time in jail.” Byunghun opinioned. Chanhee shakes his head, gaze averted from Byunghun’s.

“I didn’t want to break up the family. I’m not their child. I was abandoned by my real parents and I could’ve died on the streets if not for them who picked me up.” Chanhee started. “My foster mom is a very nice woman. She takes very good care of me, I don’t want to break apart them. I know she loves him a lot.” Chanhee started tearing up; knowing what would happen if his mother found out about it.

Byunghun didn’t say anything. But he envied Chanhee to some extent. Chanhee was an abandoned child, raised by another family, who probably did shower Chanhee with some love. Byunghun, although still has his parents in the living world, they hardly every showed any hints or signs of love.

While Byunghun is in deep thoughts, he felt a tug on his sleeve, bringing him back into reality. He looks at the source of the tug, to find a red-faced Chanhee with gaze not on him. Chanhee mutters something, but it was too soft for Byunghun to hear. He requested Chanhee to repeat, whilst moving closer.

“I’m hungry…” Chanhee stated, before confirming his request with a growl from the stomach. Byunghun blinks momentarily, before starting laughing. His laughter made Chanhee flush into a deep shade of red, as he tries to hide his face beneath the blanket. After Byunghun calms down and wiping his tears away, he left the room before coming back moments later with a bowl of soup.

“It’s understandable you’re hungry. You’ve slept through the entire yesterday!” Byunghun informed the older. He places the tray down on a nearby night stand, before trying to put Chanhee into a sitting position once more. “Ahh…” Chanhee winced in pain as he instinctively leaned onto Byunghun for support. “Does it still hurt?” Byunghun asked.

Chanhee rolled his eyes, before replying the question. “Of course it still … hurts.” Chanhee slowed his remark as he turned face to face with Byunghun’s very own. He didn’t realize how close they both were. Chanhee could actually feel the warm breath breathing down on his neck. Feeling blood flowing into his cheek area, he avert his gaze away, before going back into a lying position but this time on his sides, with his elbow supporting him.

“I’ll… eat it l-like tha-t…” Chanhee mutters, with fresh memories of a close up Byunghun’s face in his mind. He wondered how long it has since they became this close again. Byunghun eyed him suspiciously, but brush off the intention as he pick up the bowl of hot soup, and started to stir it gently.

He scoop up the liquid, before blowing it to cool, then positioning it to Chanhee – signaling the other to consume it. “I can drink it myself!” Chanhee exclaims. Byunghun rolls his eyes, but never retracting the spoon. “You now only have one free hand, how are you going to drink it? Just let me feed you, and no arguments.”

Chanhee pouts stubbornly, still thinking that he could feed himself without Byunghun’s help. Byunghun sighs in desperation before putting the soup back down. “Alright, if you want to be that stubborn” He says, before drinking one mouthful of the soup, and pulled Chanhee towards him. Chanhee widen his eyes and mouth in surprise as Byunghun lands his lips on the Chanhee’s. Seeing how Chanhee had opened his mouth, Byunghun took this opportunity to transfer the soup into Chanhee’s mouth. He pulls away, after managing to transfer a good portion of it to the injured boy. Chanhee however, still remains motionless due to the sudden kiss. Byunghun chuckles at the boy’s cuteness, before pushing Chanhee’s chin up, and whisper into the other’s ear, telling him to swallow.

“So, which way you want to take it? By mouth or by spoon?” Byunghun offered. When Chanhee’s soul returned to him, he blinks slightly, before turning crimson red. ‘Al-lright! By spoon…” Chanhee replies, covering his eyes from embarrassment with his free hand. Byunghun snicker at the older’s own actions.

After a good 30 minutes of an embarrassing meal, Byunghun suggest that Chanhee should rest. Before Byunghun could take his leave, Chanhee attaches to his sleeve once more. “Don’t think… I’ll forgive you just for… this…” Chanhee mutters, turning red along his words.

Byunghun smirks at the challenge, before lowering himself face to face with Chanhee. “It’s alright.” He said.

“Because I’ll make you fall for me once more.” 


A/N: Time to progress on their relationship! keke some nice nice actions there ~ :P And thanks for all the subscribers subscribing to this story! I'd love you guys! :)

 

Chapter BG Music: 100% - Guy Like Me