Chapter 8

Reminiscence

 

Chanhee pouts and he lie flat on the king-sized bed. It’s been approximately 2 weeks since the incident, and he has been “locked up” here for that time frame. Byunghun did not allow Chanhee to leave the house, saying that he should not head home to once again see that monster.

He had tried to sneak out on several occasions, but seemly enough he always he caught. It’s as if that his plans were exposed before even he carries it out. He wanted to leave, and breathe in fresh air that lies outside. Although the room he stays in as a balcony, it is nothing compared to walking outside.

Every time he asks Byunghun if he could just take a small walk in his garden if he has one, or maybe he could accompany along but the latter would always refuse. Byunghun always give to excuse of Chanhee’s injury hasn’t recover yet and should stay and rest. Being the one that got inflicted with the wounds, he knows that it isn’t the real reason. Most of his wounds have already healed.

Chanhee sighs one more time, before walking around in circles in the room. He mentally curse Byunghun that the latter could at the very least leave him with some entertainment to keep him occupied, and not let him rot in a room with expensive furniture. It’s not as if that furniture could entertain him!

Still pondering over what he should do to kill time he could have well spent on significantly, he didn’t realize that Byunghun had walked in. “Yah you lazy boy, it’s time for lunch.” Byunghun calls out, before putting the tray down. Chanhee sighs, trying his luck for one last time, to argue his way out of this “prison”.

“Why can’t I leave this place again Byunghun? Please remind me…” Chanhee questioned. Byunghun sighs deeply, knowing what is to come. “I thought we have been through this? You’re still wounded and you need rest!” Chanhee shakes his head in denial, knowing perfectly that his injuries aren’t life-threatening anymore.

“Don’t lie to me Byunghun. I know my wounds and they are healed. I’m perfectly fine now!” Chanhee returns, pausing awhile before continuing. “See! It’s all fine. Just some scars left over that will heal in time.” He ended whilst showing the now-recovered wounds that once look terrible.

“I know. Just…” Byunghun pauses, not knowing how he should continue. He couldn’t use this excuse anymore. In truth, Byunghun didn’t want Chanhee to leave. If possible, he wants Chanhee to never recover so he could take care of him. Chanhee frowns, but still never relenting Byunghun to escape from the question at hand.

“I didn’t want you to… leave” Byunghun softly mutters. Being in a room with only the two individuals, Chanhee heard what Byunghun had said. “So, basically you’re possessive of me?” Chanhee pressed. Byunghun swallow all the saliva he had accumulated, and slowly nods his head. Chanhee exhales deeply, before pinching the bridge in between his eyes in frustration.

“I’m leaving.” Chanhee finally exclaim, walking towards the door. Before he made it, he felt an arm stopping him. “Wait…I-I’m sorry for lying. But I really… don’t want you to leave!” Byunghun blurted, eyes filled with concern. Chanhee brushes off Byunghun’s hand, before turning his whole body to face the latter boy, with arms crossed.

“Okay fine, you can leave but before that let’s go on a date.” Chanhee’s eyes flutters in confusion. “A…d-date?” He reconfirms, stammering unintentionally. Byunghun nods his head. “Yea a date. And I want to promise me another thing.” Byunghun requested.

“I’ve told you’re that muscular friend Minsoo… about the incident. I hope you don’t mind.” Byunghun started. Chanhee averted his gaze away, filling uncomfortable to recall the horrible memory. “I-i… d-don’t mind.” He managed, thought voice filled with discomfort and hurt. Byunghun goes closer to the taller individual, rubbing the other’s shoulder to comfort the other. “Are you ok?” Byunghun asked. Chanhee nods.

“Anyway, I know I won’t be able to keep you here long. So I’ve asked him if you could stay with him. We managed to collect most of your belongings from your old house. Is it ok?” Chanhee nods again. It would be the best for Chanhee to stay clear of his parent’s apartment for a while, or best to never return. Neither anyone would want to experience that again.

“Anyway, let’s go” Byunghun smiled happily, grabbing Chanhee’s hand along the way and drags him forward. Chanhee face distorts into confusion, before recalling about their little “date” Byunghun had suggested. While letting the other to pull him, his gaze constantly changes from Byunghun, to the hand that is grabbing his own. It amazes him how he had allowed Byunghun to touch him at the point.

For past weeks, none of Byunghun’s maids or butlers was able to touch Chanhee. Every time they tried, Chanhee would retreat back, flinching from their approach. Only Byunghun could touch him, skin to skin. Chanhee smiles softly, thanking his mind and body for allowing him to not flinch from the younger’s touch.

“What are you smiling at?” Chanhee snaps back into reality from the question, to only find Byunghun’s face just mere inches away from his. His eyes’ widens, and started to retreat backwards. As he moves backwards, his foot landed on a staircase steps, causing Chanhee to fall backwards due to uneven grounds. Chanhee closes his eyes, getting ready for the painful impact to come, but didn’t.

Byunghun’s hand firmly held Chanhee back, preventing the elder to fall. With one strong pull, Chanhee landed firmly on the younger’s chest, with arms around him. “Yah! Watch where you’re going next time… and are you fine?” Byunghun scolded Chanhee. But Chanhee isn’t listening. He is so absorbed by the skin ship between him that threw his mind in circles. “L-Let’s just go o-on our d-date!” Chanhee exclaims, pushing Byunghun away from him and started walk.

Strange kid, but cute’ Byunghun thought out, seeing how Chanhee flusters under his touch.

“By the way Chanhee, you’re walking the wrong direction.” 


A/N: This was supposed to be up yesterday, but didn't have the time to do so. Anyways, here is the chapter! And realised this arc would be longer than expected ~ Well that would have meant more fluffs! kekeke!

Also, I would like to thank new subscribers for subscribing to the fanfiction! Love you guys! I'll take time to reply for comments as well! I'd make sure to do so! Thanks for all the support! 

Chapter BG Song: Dal*Shabet: Hit You