Chapter 44

Reminiscence

 

Chanhee slumps against the rocking chair he is sitting in as he pulls a sleeping Ricky further into his embrace. The little boy has too much fun for his own good and now his low energy and fatigue is taking their tolls though Chanhee isn’t one to complain about Ricky’s activeness. The young boy after all needs to have more fun in his own childhood and Chanhee is certainly not allowing his strictness to deny those from Ricky.

It has been many months later since the choice making and although some guilt still remains within his heart, seeing how the other male is now happy without him and is able to find new profound love, those guilt slowly melts and disappear. Chanhee wonders if he has picked him that day, what will actually happen to all the three of them – will if have a good end as well as it is now? Or would it become worse?

Chanhee softly shakes his head, pushing away the thoughts. He shouldn’t be pondering over old memories and should focus on the current and future. There isn’t much use of thinking since the decision has been made and everyone is happy to a certain extent. Sure there are some disappointments but those are minors and it soon easily got over it.

“Ricky fell asleep huh? He must have played really hard.” A familiar voice voices out as he approaches Chanhee. He chuckles at the drool that slowly falls out from the little boy’s lips and makes an effort to clean it away. He removes Ricky from Chanhee’s arms and carries the sleeping boy to sleep comfortable in his own bed.

“Thanks.” Chanhee replies as he awards the male with a kiss.

“Any time! You look tired. Are you sure you don’t want to rest as well?” Chanhee shakes his head as he stretches his arms outwards.

“I’m fine. I’m tired but I’m not sleepy. I’ll be fine with some coffee.” Chanhee answers. The male nods as he pulls Chanhee into a bear hug, savoring the warmth that Chanhee is radiating. Although he has all the time in the world to hug Chanhee anytime he wants, he cherishes every moment he has with him, no matter how long or how short their time together is.

“Say, when is he coming? He’s late for dinner.”

“You know how he is – he is never on time. He is a very busy man you know – just like you. I can’t understand why you guys simply like to work so much? Aren’t you guys tired?” Chanhee sighs as he shakes his head. Despite his hardworking character, he wishes he could rest from work a little more, to spend time with Ricky. The man chuckles before gently kissing Chanhee by the cheek.

“It is because we have people we need to support. He has someone too, right?”

“I know. Well, I won’t complain much as long as he is happy, or that’s what he tells me. You think he is happy?” Chanhee asks as he turns around, looking at the other male.

“I think he is. Didn’t you see how those two bicker and then make up after that?” Chanhee huffs and pouts; his gaze no longer on the older male. He can never win an argument with him, especially when he is right or the fact that Chanhee just refuses to lose and acts like a kid – in a stubborn way.

“Say, have you ever regretted choosing me?”

“Nope!”

“You’re lying. You still have feelings for him right?”

“I dare you try and repeat that again and no for the half a year – and I’m serious. How can you say that? Don’t you trust my decision?” The other male mutters an apology before capturing Chanhee’s lips.

“I love you and that’s it! Well… I may have still a tinge of feelings for him but those feelings will disappear! I swear!” Chanhee exclaims dramatically with his hands waving in the air, showing his frustration.

“Okay! I believe you. I won’t bring this up again.”

“You’re just afraid of losing having with me.”

“I’m hurt, Chanhee.” The male replies with a fake puppy look.

“Yea right you are.” Chanhee replies with a playful punch on the other’s shoulder.

“Look they’re here… and they are fighting again.”

Chanhee turns his attention to two figures walking towards them, who seems to be yapping on something. From the loud tone that he is able to hear even from such a long distance and how their expression isn’t so happy – the other male is right; they are indeed fighting, again. They stop their argument when they come into arm length from Chanhee.

“Why are you two fighting again?”

“He used my car without my permission and of all things he has to crash it!”

“I told you I’m sorry! I will fix it!”

“You better! I need that to get to work. Thanks to you I have to wake up earlier than before just to catch the bus.”

“I already said I’m sorry…” Chanhee sighs before hold a hand up to stop their argument.

“Now will you two please keep quiet, kiss and make up already?”

“What makes you think I will do that with him?” The male asks.

“That’s what you guys always do! Now do it or there will be no food for both of you!” Chanhee threatens before pulling his man into the apartment. One of the guests ruffles his hair before sighing out loudly. Despite the long preparation time, both once-bickering couple eventually apologizes to each other for their own hostility and mistakes before kissing, thus making up again.

“There! Now everyone is happy!” Chanhee exclaims as he burst through the front door, implying the fact that he has been hiding behind it and listening to every word the other has said. The male chuckles slightly and pulls Chanhee into a warm hug.

“Thanks again and thanks for having us here for dinner.” Chanhee pulls away from the hug before beaming at the other.

“Anytime, Minsoo.”


A/N

Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry to keep you guys waiting! I don't seem to want to end this story yet but it has to end! 

Next chapter will be the last chapter and the process of the decision! 

And i think you all now know who Chanhee picked :X (This is a Chunjoe fanfic after all ~) 

Hope you guys manage to ease those anticipation with this chapter!