Chapter 45

Reminiscence

 

“Chanhee!” Byunghun exclaims as he immediately brings Chanhee into a bone crushing hug. He holds on tightly onto the elder, effectively allowing him to whiff in Chanhee’s scent – one that he missed for so long. He never thought that Chanhee will actually come for him, since most of the odds are against him and for a normal person – the best ending would probably be Chanhee leaving with Minsoo as there will reduce the number of people getting hurt.

But Chanhee isn’t normal. He is special in Byunghun’s eyes.

“I thought you would never come…” Byunghun says as he slowly releases Chanhee from his hug. The elder simply sighs as he returns with a loving smile.

“I never think that I would as well. But then I realize that everything isn’t your fault or rather none of it is yours but mine. I’ve been running away from the past and have been staying there. It is also my own indecisiveness that causes such a thing to happen. That day when you’re on the verge of death, I panicked. I didn’t know what to do but seek your mother for help. When you appear once again into my life, I cried because I wanted to see you and hold you close once more but I’m not able to do so.” Chanhee explains as he has his gaze on the ground, ashamed to look at the younger.

“It isn’t your fault that you lost your memories but we’re too cruel to you without telling you the truth. Honestly speaking, I never imagined you to lose your memories and that when we met once again; I thought that you will lash out on me with hatred and anger – for leaving you without a word but you didn’t.” He continues and is about to complete his confession when Byunghun gently brings the elder softly by the chin and closes the gap between their lips.

It is a soft and gentle kiss that sparks passion within the both boys. When the younger of the two withdraw his lips, he stares admiringly into Chanhee’s eyes, admiring how beautiful they are.

“It’s okay. Stop blaming yourself for the past. Let’s leave the past behind and start anew. You’re not the only one at fault, even I am as well. I’ll take responsibility for my mother’s own mistakes. If she accepted you in the first place, everything would not have happened and an early happy ending will be there, between us. It’s only natural for one to run away but I don’t blame you. Bury those blames and let’s move on forward. Let’s face the future together, okay?” Byunghun requests as he wraps his hands around Chanhee’s own and bringing Chanhee’s knuckles to his lips and kissing them with affection while his eyes still locks onto Chanhee’s.

The elder feels his tears slowly forming on the bream of his eyes, ready to fall anytime but Byunghun will not let that happen. Before the droplet stain Chanhee’s soft skin, the younger brushes his thumb over Chanhee’s eyes, wiping away the tears.

“Don’t cry. Even if it is tears of happiness, don’t cry. Smile, Chanhee. Smile for me. Smile because you’re happy.” Byunghun instructs and grins when Chanhee replies with a weak smile. Not wasting any time, he brings the elder to another warm hug, sending waves of warmth and protectiveness to the elder. Then, a question comes to light.

“Where’s Ricky?” Byunghun asks. Chanhee places a finger on Byunghun’s lips, silencing the other.

“Let’s enjoy the moment alright? Ricky is safe and sound, with someone.” He replies with a smile. The younger blinks confusingly and nods to the reply.

-

Minsoo turns behind, getting his hopes up but it is brought down when the person that taps him isn’t Chanhee.

“What are you doing here, Ricky?” Minsoo asks as he squats down to Ricky’s eye level. Ricky grins widely and runs into Minsoo’s arms and giving the elder a soft peck on the cheek.

“Daddy asks me to come. He says he’s sorry but daddy also says that he still loves you.” Ricky exclaims. Minsoo smiles at the passed message. In the end, he is still a friend in Chanhee’s eyes but Minsoo is happy with just that. He learnt to give up on the elder and letting the elder go because deep inside him, he knows that the only person Chanhee has in his heart is Byunghun.

It is Minsoo’s own stubbornness and unwillingness to left the younger go that deluded him from thinking that he still loves the younger. But in actuality, he just didn’t want to lose Chanhee. He holds the younger dearly to him and seeing him with someone else is not something he is able to take it years ago.

But now, he feels satisfied knowing that despite the younger is not able to return the love, he knows that not even Byunghun himself can break the bond between him and Chanhee – one that is so special and precious. It will do Minsoo some good to move on from Chanhee, allowing him to see the other side of the world and who knows, he may just find that one person who he will fall deeply for, just like he once did on Chanhee.

“Come, let’s bring you back to you daddy alright?” Minsoo exclaims as he picks the younger up into his arms and is about to prepare to leave when he felt another tap on his shoulder.

“Excuse me but you won’t mind that I kiss you right? I’m supposed to play a forfeit because I lose to some stupid game.” The stranger replies and gives no thinking time for Minsoo to ponder as he close the gap between him and Minsoo’s lips. It is just a quick peck on the lips however. The stranger quickly retreats away, running away to his friends when Minsoo grabs hold onto his wrists, effectively blocking his escape with Minsoo’s brute strength.

“I don’t exactly mind but you should at least introduce yourself before kissing others.” Minsoo exclaims, giving the stranger a soul piercing stare.

“D-daniel! My n-name is Ahn D-daniel.” The stranger squeaks.


A/N

Now.. I'll be extremely heartless if I did not update this story, when I actually did for my other one. 

I've just return from an overseas trip so the update is delayed! Surprisingly, this is NOT yet the final chapter. 

There will have 1 more on the way! So the story is still hanging there! 

Thank you all once again for the wonderful comments and subcribes! 

P.S: For the Comments, I'll take my time to reply them later today!