Chapter 32

Reminiscence

 

Byunghun laid there on the couch, busy racking his mind trying to piece the remains of the puzzles together. If Ricky is truly Chanhee’s child, then that is that. There is absolutely nothing wrong with it, although being a rare case. He finds it impossible to come up with a reason for his lie. ‘Everything exists for a reason, and all problems come with a solution but this… is just impossible. Maybe he could just didn’t want people to know about his ability to conceive, but why does the registered documents states Chanhee is Ricky’s adoptive father? This just don’t make sense!’ Byunghun screamed out in his own mind. Nothing seems to go nicely with each other.

Hyuna walks in, and arched an eye brow seeing Byunghun ruffling his own head in agony. “What’s wrong? What’s on your mind?” Byunghun huffs out with anger, angry with himself. “Nothing much, just a problem that I might have though too much.” He muttered. Hyuna took a seat next to him, and lean on the male. “Want to talk about it? Maybe I could help. It isn’t another pregnancy question isn’t it?” She asked, tone amused when relaying the last part of her sentence.

Byunghun shook his head and laughed slightly. “No it’s not. Since you volunteered, I’ll shoot. You know all babies have to be registered right? You’ve learnt Psychology, so I want your opinion on people fabricating information on their children’s registering documents.” He asks in a serious tone.

Hyuna chuckles a little bit, before looking at Byunghun in the eyes. “You’re not kidding aren’t you? I though such an easy question should be no problem for Mr. Big Shot Lawyer over here.” She teased and poked a finger on the other’s chest. “Well, I’m not a doctor. Plus you doctors do these often, so you should know more than me! Plus I did remember saying that I wanted your opinion – meaning a doctor’s opinion.” He retaliated, emphasizing on the ‘doctor’ word.

Hyuna nods in understanding. “Alright, calm down. Sheesh no need to get so worked up.” Hyuna chuckles a little bit. “Anyway, back to the topic. And yes, we doctors do such documents and honestly, there are many people out there who faked data on the documents. Of course they will be eventually be discovered and get fined. But the main reason people faked it, or majority of the people I’ve seen and encountered or worked with is that they do not want to state the identity of the parents. Mind you that most of these cases are done by foster parents.” Hyuna explained.

“Why? It’s just the identity of the parents. I mean, it won’t do harm for people to just state the true names of them.” Byunghun countered with his own reason. Hyuna shrugs her shoulder in response. “Well, I can’t exactly say the true reason, since everyone has different and their own reasons for doing so; like for instance, they do not want their child to know about it when they grow up. There are many more other reasons, but I guess you can think of that yourself.” Hyuna exclaims with her eyes close, leaning towards the warmth Byunghun is radiating.

“I see. What about single parents? What’s their reason?” Byunghun pushed, wanting to know more. He felt Hyuna moving away from him and saw the woman pouting at him. “You’re asking a hell lot of questions today aren’t you?” She scolded with a childish tone, before turning away, leaving her back facing the other.

“I’m sorry, but it interests me a lot. I’ve a friend that uh… is in the same situation… and uh is afraid about the consequences. So, being a good friend I just want to help.” Hyuna slowly turns back to look at the other into the eyes, with her lids half opened. “I hope you’re not lying to me if not you’ll get it from me.” She exclaims, showing her clenched fist to Byunghun. She slouched back onto the couch, before starting her answering once again.

“Single parents are much complicated. But most of their reasons are practically the same – it is either not wanting their child to know who the other parent is, not wanting other people to know who the child belongs to, or not wanting people to know who the other parent is.” When Hyuna finished her sentence, the link to the situation became slightly clearer. ‘Chanhee is hiding the fact about Ricky’s birth, is probably in linked with the other parent of Ricks.’ Byunghun deduced.

Before Byunghun is able to voice out another question, Hyuna silence the male with a kiss. “No more questions. Leave it for another day. Now come help me pack.” Hyuna requested, trying to pull the heavier individual to their room. Byunghun became confused for a moment. “Pack? We’re leaving? But it’s only been 2 weeks!” Hyuna let go of Byunghun’s hand and folded it across her chest.

“I know that. It is just that Mother wants us back. She wants to talk about the wedding.” Hyuna reasoned. Byunghun’s mouth formed an “oh”, understanding the reason. He learnt that when his mother wants anything, it would be best to just give it to her; otherwise it would be extremely messy later on. “But didn’t we complete the preparation before we left?” Byunghun asked, standing up and circling his hands over Hyuna’s waist.

“I don’t know about that. You know how Mother is. Anyway, better pack and return on time otherwise she’ll flare up.” Hyuna shudder when she mentioned the word ‘flare up’. Byunghun nods in agreement, before following the other. But he didn’t take more than ten steps before he stops again. “Wait, then what about Ricky’s checkup? I thought you haven’t finished yet.” Hyuna paused her movements a little and turned back.

“Ah right… I forgot to mention. Would it be alright if you go to their house to ask them about it? I am suggesting that they can come with us! I know that they’re not very wealthy, so maybe they can stay on our estate. Mother won’t object if it’s work related. She’ll understand.” Hyuna chimed.

Byunghun sighs, before pinching the bridge between his eyes. “And why must I go?” He asked. “Because if I went, Ricky will definitely say no and that defeats the purpose. But Ricky likes you, plus you seem fine with Chanhee. It would be a breeze!” She replied, and started pushing the male towards the door. “Hey… wait! Stop pushing!”

“Have a safe trip!” Hyuna calls out before pushing Byunghun harshly out of the front door and shut it instantly. “Now that is solved, I should get packing ~.” She chimed, moving back into the room. Then suddenly she froze a little and blinked many times. “Oh wait. Chanhee and Byunghun… Crap! I totally forgot!” She shrieked before running back to the front door, hoping that Byunghun is still there.

But he is not. He’s gone to their house. Hyuna prayed hard at that moment that nothing will happen while the two are there. 


A/N

Sorry for not updating yesterday! Down with stomach flu and isn't feeling too well to write. But I'm alright now. 

Took a good long time to think on the continuation. Luckily, I do not have writer's block =)! 

Here's today's chapter! Next chapter will be updated around 24 - 30 hours time. 

So, until then! =D