Chapter 31

Reminiscence

 

As if he had expected, Byunghun couldn’t find any details at all. Every time asks a question, people will just shoo him away, or invite him in for pastries and tea and avoid the question at hand. Among all, he even met people who turn the tables against him, and ask him questions instead.

He let his body drop on a nearby bench, and slouches with exhaustion. It’s just a few questions yet it seems so impossible. Of course, he did met some more well-mannered and understanding residents, in which he did not get any information more than the ones he already knew. He felt like giving up, thinking that maybe his deduction on lie Chanhee gave him, is actually the truth. Maybe there isn’t anything wrong or special with this, and that it is just Byunghun himself thinking too much.

He frowns and exhales annoyingly, thinking how he wasted so much of his time on a wild goose chase. He peeked an eye open when he heard a chuckle. It is an old lady, whom is just probably passing by. “What are you stressing over, young man?” She asks, as she slowly pace herself to the empty space next to Byunghun, and sat down.

“Just looking for answers that probably don’t exist” he muttered, face plastered with an annoyed expression of his own failure. She chuckles once more and asked Byunghun if maybe he could tell her the whole story. He eyed the old lady, before nodding in agreement. He thought that it would be good to talk to someone about it, although he feels that the old lady won’t be much help in his scouring.

“I’m trying to look for answers, if a child really belongs to a certain parent. I mean, he did tell me that he picked up the child, but I feel that he is lying, you see but something tells me that there is something more to it. So I searched, and asked around if any child was being born four years ago.” He explains. The old lady nods as he regurgitates the scenario on hand. “What’s the name of the father again?”

“I didn’t mention the name, Madam. But if you would like to know, it’s Chanhee. I believe his surname is Lee.” He corrected, before going back to his sighs. The old lady ponders awhile before perking her heard up. “Oh, you must be referring to Chanhee-dear. I believe his son’s name is… Changhyun? Or is it something else… Rocky? Resky? Or is it Tisky…”

“Ricky?” Byunghun assisted. He felt his curiosity ignited once more when the old lady mention Chanhee’s name. “Ah, yes! Ricky! Oh that cute little boy. Chanhee is rather a nice boy. He helps the residents here run errands. It’s such a poor thing that he have to father such a kid at that age.” She exclaims, face shaking dramatically as she frowns with pity, hand cupping one of own cheeks.

“You know Chanhee and Ricky? Then is Ricky really not Chanhee’s child as in, picked up from the streets? Sorry for the eagerness, but I can’t help it.” Byunghun pushed. The old lady chuckles a little bit before telling Byunghun to calm down, and that she won’t be running away any time soon. “Ricky isn’t picked up from the streets. I can assure you that Ricky is born here.”

“Then you must have known who the mother is!” Byunghun exclaim with excitement. Finally he met someone who actually knew what actually happened. But to his disappointment, the old lady shook her head. “I do not know who the mother is; or rather no one in this town knows the identity of the mother.”

Byunghun cocked his head to the side in confusion. “I… I don’t understand. This town is small and isolated. If a female gets pregnant or comes from another place during pregnancy period, the town’s people should be able to know. It’s only… four years ago. It isn’t long ago.” He rebutted his own logic into the statement the old lady gave.

But she continues to shake her head. “That is where you went wrong, young man. You mentioned that ‘if a female’ gets pregnant. But the thing is there is no female pregnancy these years. Ricky isn’t born from a mother, but a father.” She pointed out. But Byunghun is finding it hard to understand the information – it isn’t possible for a male to get pregnant!

The old lady giggled slightly at the shock expression Byunghun is wearing. “It seems impossible but it is very real, young man. I helped Chanhee deliver Ricky. I’m the mid-wife or mid-husband since it’s from a father.” She continued, before gathering her strength and stood up. “Anyways, the story ends here. Just nice, the sun is setting soon, young man. You better head back soon or otherwise your loved ones will start to worry” She advised, before slowly walking off.

A Male giving birth, that’s hard to take in. I’ve never seen one before. Plus that old woman’s words, can I trust her?’ He pondered. Having unable to piece the puzzle, he decides it would be good for him to head back home, before Hyuna starts worrying.

When he arrived back home, he saw Ricky once more, and surprisingly with Chanhee. But instead of the normal cheerful Ricky, the current Ricky seemed all moody and annoyed. He muttered his farewells to Hyuna, before turning on his heels and walked off. Chanhee bowed to Hyuna in apologies for Ricky’s behavior, before running off to catch up with the boy.

Byunghun watches as Chanhee chase after the boy, and even they’re out of sight, Byunghun remains at that spot, gazing on nothing. “Ah you’re back. What’s the matter? Why stand outside, come on in!” Hyuna calls out, before stepping out to pull the male in. “Hey Hyuna, do you think it is possible for a male to conceive?”

“What’s with the sudden question and since when you’re interested with pregnancy?” She asked, eye brows arched and paired with a playful smirk. “Just answer me alright?” He pleaded. Hyuna sighs, before folding her aims and got on with racking her brain. “I’ve read up on some articles before and yes it is possible for a male to conceive. Why?”

Byunghun simply shook his head, before planting a kiss on Hyuna’s forehead. “Nothing much. Just wanted to know. Thanks a lot babe.” He smiled in reply. He brings Hyuna in for a sudden hug, in which Hyuna squeaked softly in surprise. But Byunghun’s mind isn’t here at that moment – he is thinking about what the old lady have said to him that afternoon.

Ricky isn’t born from a mother, but a father.’

‘So Chanhee is Ricky’s real father. But if the town’s people knew about this, he should not have any reason to hide this fact. But why did he lie?

Why?’

 


A/N

Nothing much to comment. Awfully tired >_<... 

But the search is a good start... but =) ~ 

Until Tomorrow!