Chapter 36

Reminiscence

 

“How are you settling in? Everything’s fine?” Byunghun asks as he walks into the spare guest room Chanhee and the others would be staying in. Chanhee paused whatever he is doing, before bowing to the other. “We’re alright. The room is bigger than our own apartment. Thanks for the offer again.” He exclaims with sincere. Byunghun shook his head and laughs slightly. “It’s nothing. This is at most the best we can offer you. We certainly didn’t want a lawsuit indicating that we broke the contract.” Byunghun said.

Chanhee nods and smiled back, then went back to what he has left off. But with apparent reasons, the other male didn’t seem to want to stop with just a simple question on his wellbeing. “So, is Minsoo your boyfriend or something?” Byunghun asked and notice how the older shifted uncomfortably at the question. “H-he’s my b-boyfriend.” Chanhee stammers with a low tone. “Is he Ricky’s father?” Byunghun pushed.

“H-he is not! I told you I picked Ricky up!” Chanhee counters back with a little bit more force but it did not give any pressure to the other. Byunghun approach with slow steps, but the intimidation that he himself is emitting seems to have an effect on the older male as Chanhee retreats with Byunghun’s each step. When Chanhee’s back hit the wall, he panicked a little as he has no more space left for him to stay away. As Chanhee tries to escape via to the right where the bed resides, a hand appeared swiftly in front of him, effectively blocking his escape route. He turns to the owner of the hand, and found himself dangerously close to Byunghun, whom is just probably a few inches away. Chanhee unconsciously finds his eye coming in contact with the other’s own pair and couldn’t help but confirms once more how alluring and attractive Byunghun’s eyes is.

“You shouldn’t lie. It will rub it off the kid and he will learn to do the same. I know your relationship between you and Ricky, but I won’t do anything. You have your reasons. But I can’t wrap my fingers around you. You are… unique.” Byunghun exclaims as one of his hand cups the other male’s cheek and it caringly with his thumb. “I don’t know you, but you’re giving me feelings… so foreign and strange. Who exactly are you, Lee Chanhee.” Byunghun continues as his face moves in closer, eyes not averting the other’s own pairs as well. He never knew such simple observation can be so fascinating.

Chanhee struggles within as he urges himself to push away the younger male as his mind goes on a full blown warning. This is taboo, and despite all the confusion Byunghun is in, Chanhee understands clearly the statements. Memories can be lost, but those within the heart – the feelings remain. Four years has pass, and yet Byunghun’s heart isn’t satisfied with a simple love with Hyuna. It yearns for something more, something that is long in the past. His battles within his own mind shut down when he felt soft pressure on his lips. He felt small and tiny movements of Byunghun’s own lips, inviting the older to return the gesture but Chanhee is afraid. Sure enough that his body yearns the touches and kisses of the younger male but he fears how many people will get hurt in this process. It is no longer something between him and Byunghun, but now with Ricky, Hyuna and most importantly – Minsoo. But instead of self-consciously accepting the invitation, his body had already done that for him.

His lips moved, though slow along with the others own. He is kissing back Byunghun. He couldn’t think properly anymore with the touches he misses all so much. He eagerly allowed the other to slip his tongue into Chanhee’s mouth when he felt a protruding muscle alluringly his lower lips. Chanhee moans unconsciously as their tongue molded together as one. He did not fight for dominance as all he wanted now is just to taste Byunghun once more, one he has never forgotten and missed it terribly.

Byunghun pulls back from the raging battle and gasps for oxygen. His mind is in the same mess, as his heart is right now. All he wanted is just to confront to Chanhee the weird feelings, but when he finds himself so dangerously close to the other – he somehow moved to capture the other lips, as if he needed it himself so badly. His heart beats faster and faster during the tongue battle, one that he did not find himself experiencing it whilst doing the same with Hyuna.

In a state of lost and unsure what he should do, he promptly left the older male alone without any words or so. It will hurt the older male, but Byunghun now needs time to think on his own, what he has just done. It did not happen when he first met him at the small town and even with many close contact encounters, he never felt this way before. He did find Chanhee attractive, but today he finds him even more. “What am I exactly doing… What have I done…” Byunghun mutters to himself as he looked at his own hands with a frown. His fingers rubs against each other, trying to remember the touch he felt when it Chanhee’s cheek. It felt so familiar. He slumps on his one seat as he stares blankly at the ceiling. “What have you done to me, Chanhee.”

-

“Ajumma! Ajumma!” Ricky pesters as he gently tugs on Michelle’s skirt. The aged lady pauses her work on the laptop and turns her attention to the younger boy. “Yes Ricky-dear?” She chimes. Despite all her antagonistic personality, Michelle is one woman who couldn’t resist children – after all she is a mother above all. “Play with me! I’m bored.” Ricky pouts. Michelle chuckles and gently closes her laptop. “Sure. I have time and I think I should take a short break.” She announces, before linking hands with the overly excited Ricky and allows the little boy to pull her to his own play room.

As they play, Michelle couldn’t help in finding her own curiosity and interest in Ricky. “Say Ricky, where are your parents?” She asks as she continues to build along with Ricky at Lego castle. “Chanhee is my daddy. I don’t have a mummy though. Daddy says mummy is no longer with Ricky.” He says nonchalantly as he continues to build. It’s a question he is too used answering. “But don’t you want to meet her?” She asked.

Ricky simply smile and shook his head. “All I need is Daddy, and of course CAP-Hyung. We live a very poor life but with them everything seems more beautiful.” Ricky says as he grins widely. Michelle smile at Ricky’s cuteness before ruffling his hair. “Want to have some Ice cream?” Ricky’s ears perks up when he heard he could have ice cream. “Really? You have ice cream?” He asked. Michelle looks at Ricky funnily before laughing. “Of course, haven’t you eaten ice cream before?” Ricky’s face drops to a frown before shaking.

“Although Daddy says when he has enough money he would buy it for Ricky, but Ricky knows he won’t get it because we’re too poor.” Ricky says. Michelle’s heart breaks a little when she heard what Ricky has said – how poverty has denied him of all the little tiny wonders of this world. “No worries, you’re going to get some now.” She exclaims as she carries Ricky into her arms and brought him to the kitchen. She took out some ice cream tubs and scoops the delicious frozen dessert on to a cup before handling it to Ricky.

Ricky did not hesitate to immediately gobble down the sweet treat and shiver in cold when the brain freeze feeling hit him. Michelle started to laugh at the younger boy and soon after Ricky joined in as well. She took a seat next to the small boy and admires the maturity and at the same time adorable feeling that Ricky is emitting. Not many kids of the age of four, is able to attain of such intelligence and understanding. Feeling a little brave, and although she knows this is not the right thing to do, she could help to do a little digging. “So, how’s your daddy doing? Has he met anyone that he might fancy?”

Ricky ponders a while before nodding his head. “Daddy is now with CAP-Hyung, although they should be together like since forever ago! But Ricky understands a bit that Daddy doesn’t want to forget Mummy. Daddy cries a lot and Ricky must be brave to protect Daddy! But now Ricky has a rival in protecting Daddy because CAP-Hyung can protect him better because of his muscles!” Ricky exclaims before puffing out into a pout when he states his rivalry with Minsoo in terms of Chanhee’s protection.

Michelle chuckles before leaving the boy to his own indulgence. At the very least, she knows that Chanhee has moved on from Byunghun and even has a child now. She felt a little relief that despite not wanting that boy here at all, Chanhee is not here to take away Byunghun. Though even he would be doing that, Michelle would not be relentlessly allowing it happen.

The doorbell rang loudly out of the sudden. “Eat it slowly alright? I’ll go check who is at the door.” Michelle says as she left the little boy. She looks through the peep hole to find a unfamiliar male standing outside. But seeing how the male is holding a package, she deduces that he might be a deliveryman. She opens the door slowly, while eyeing the stranger outside the door. “Yes? How may I help you?”

The male smiles slightly. “Can I confirm if this is Lee Byunghun’s address? I have a package for him.” Michelle nods, before opening the door for the delivering process to be completed. “I’ll sign it for him.” She exclaims, before taking the clipboard to sigh.  As she signs on the sheet of paper, the stranger grabs Michelle and threw her on the wall, with his hand firmly grasping onto her neck.

“Where is he? Where is Lee Byunghun?” The stranger seethes out, eyes filled with malice. Michelle struggles with her windpipe blocked and unable to breathe. “There… is no… one by that… name here!” She gasps in between breathes for oxygen. The man chuckles darkly as he increases his firm on the aged woman’s neck. “Don’t play with me. My sources tell me Lee Chanhee once is together then Lee Byunghun. I need him to get to Lee Chanhee. Tell me! Where is he?” He whispers out harshly as he crushes even further Michelle’s neck.

Out of nowhere, a small vase crashes onto the stranger’s head and the impact causes him to release his hold on Michelle’s neck. The aged woman gasp in large inhales of oxygen that is very late for her system. She is just a few more seconds from losing her life. “Leave Ajumma alone!” A voice rang out as she tries to stabilize her own body. It is Ricky. The stranger staggers a little bit but is quick to recover as he glared at the little boy. “How dare you, little runt.” He yells as he pulls out a knife from his back pocket, and walks straight towards Ricky.

“No… Run Ricky… Run!” Michelle yells out as she help on with all her might onto the stranger’s leg. But having no energy left from the near death experience, the stranger did not need much energy to remove her with a simple kick. “I’ll deal with you later” The stranger spat as he continues to approach Ricky. “G-go away! I’m not afraid of you!” Ricky voices out as he tries to retreat backwards.

As Ricky tries to escape from the stranger, he trips backwards and when he look up – the stranger is right before him. Ricky trembles and tears are forming at the side of his eyes. “D-daddy… Save me…” Ricky squeaks out as the stranger raises his hand. Michelle watches in horror as the male prepares to kill Ricky. She pulls herself to her fit and tackles the stranger off his balance. Seeing the man stumble away, Michelle quickly pulls Ricky to her embrace.

The man’s rage builds up to the highest as he turns and charged at the couple. Michelle shuts her eyes tightly, waiting for the pain to come but it did not. She opens her eyes and saw blood on her clothes, but she did not feel any new felt pain anywhere on her. She traces with her eyes from the man’s hand, and it led to a place she feared. The stranger stabbed Ricky. “RICKY!” She yelled out loud as she pushes the stranger away and in a quick reflex, grabs the nearest object she first saw and smash it hard on the man’s head.

The thing that she used is a hard and solid steel ornament. The impact is in full force and manages to knock out the man. But her attention is needed on Ricky. She pulls out the knife that is still stuck onto Ricky’s flesh. Fortunately, it wasn’t a very deep stab. Despite so, Ricky is bleeding profusely, and it isn’t going to do him very well in that small body of his. Michelle tries to make Ricky stay awake, but the latter soon pass out from the weakness. Her eyes widens in fear as she screams out the boy’s name once more.

“RICKY!”


A/N

Sorry for the very very late update! Didn't exactly have the time to write >_< 

So allow me to present you a double chapter! (Although it is 1 chapter, it has the length of 2 chapters) 

It has quite plentiful of contents and someone you may like a "certain" part. 

Well, it is a very long chapter, so enjoy!!!!