Chapter 10

Reminiscence

 

Byunghun had thought that since Chanhee have such feminine features, he automatically assumed the “horror” trick would work on him – where he would grab Byunghun’s arm for comfort, moving closer to him or even hiding his face in Byunghun’s chest to block out the horror scenes.

But he was so, so wrong.

Chanhee adores horror. He says that it truly gives him the chills and the thrill and it actually make him feel exciting having that feeling. Byunghun have never seen a boy like Chanhee, watching a horror movie with wide eyes, with a grin plastered on his lips. But, that is the least of his problems right now.

You see, despite the plans and all the make Chanhee curl up to him, Byunghun isn’t much of a fan of horror. In the case where Chanhee did dislike horror, and curl up to him, he would change his focus on Chanhee, rather than watching the life scaring movie. But now, that isn’t the case.

Byunghun shivers under the cold temperature of the room, mentally cursing the theatre staffs for putting the air-conditioner temperature that low. He glances at Chanhee, taking notice the slight shiver as well. He s his arm around the taller boy, and pull him close. The sudden movement causes Chanhee to yelp, but still make no effects to remove himself from the heat source.

The lights dimmed, and the movie started rolling. Nothing much happened in the first few scenes, and some scary parts which Byunghun managed to tank it out, thought it didn’t last long. As the movie starts to enter into the zone, the atmosphere became more eerie, accompanied with the slow music that isn’t helping much. Unconsciously, he tightens his grip on Chanhee’s arm.

Having felt the change, Chanhee took a peak at Byunghun. Byunghun’s expression is oozing out expressions of fear, trying to contain it by biting his lower lips, eyes wincing, preparing to close any time a scary scene appear. Chanhee chuckles at how cute Byunghun is, thinking to himself how skilled Byunghun actually is to make him feel this way just on the first date.

Being preoccupied by the movie, Chanhee pulled Byunghun closer to him, comforting him with a slow rub on the other’s hair. Having his attention averted to Chanhee, Byunghun isn’t prepared for the scary scene that pops out coincidentally. Shocked from the sudden appearance, Byunghun screamed, clutching Chanhee with his life. Chanhee continues to comfort the younger, while enjoying the movie itself.

When the movie credits rolled out, Byunghun make a dash to the restroom. He couldn’t believe he actually embarrassed himself in front of his date, making him feel like a girl. “Byunghun? Are you okay?” A voice rang out. Byunghun widens his eyes, and enters a stall in a moment of panic. “Byunghun! Are you okay? Come out please!” Chanhee pleaded, slightly knocking on the door.

“Please… just let me rot inside here. I embarrassed myself.” Byunghun mutters bitterly, before turning into a stubborn pout when he heard Chanhee giggled. When that giggle turned into a full blown laughter, his embarrassment spread to his ears and neck – turning them into deep red. He pushed open the door, and glared at the still-laughing boy.

“Yah! Stop laughing…” Byunghun yelled out with a face still stained with red. Chanhee tries to calm himself down, and muttered a few words but it is too incoherent to be properly made out. “It’s… haha… just so…” Chanhee tries, before taking a big breath and slow his laughter till it stopped. “You don’t have to be that embarrassed, it makes you look cute sometimes” Chanhee continued with a grin.

“B-but, I’m the “guy” and you’re the “girl”!” Byunghun reasoned. “I should be the braver one!” he whines.

“Really? Not all the time the guy has to be the brave one you know.” Chanhee argued. Byunghun sighs, deciding not to further embarrass himself on this topic. “Let’s go, we have a bunch of things to do today! I’ve promised to show you the real meaning of fun!” Byunghun said, grabbing Chanhee’s hand and pulled him along. Chanhee chuckles as he lets the younger pulls him, earning him another glare, before he kept his silence in all his best.

-

As the sun sets, the two boys collapse on the bay by the beach. It has been a long and fun day for the both of them. They went to many places, and had lots of fun together but most importantly – Chanhee had fun.

“I can’t believe you won me at arcade, and you’ve never visited one…” Byunghun said bitterly, unsatisfied his loss to a pure newbie. Chanhee laughs at the dejected expression of Byunghun. “Well, beginner’s luck! But don’t be said, you did win me a chicken plushy at the carnival didn’t you? I’ll make sure to cherish it well!” Chanhee says with a wide grin, while playing with the yellow plushy that lay motionless in Chanhee’s lap.

“Why do you want that anyway? I could get you a better and bigger one anyways” Byunghun asked, remembering how Chanhee whined at Byunghun of wanting that plushy. “Call me stingy or whatever, but I don’t like people any how spending money off just like that. Winning a prize would do perfectly fine in my own beliefs. Plus, if I get lonely, I have this chicken to accompany, right Byeongari?”

Byunghun’s eye twitched at the nickname. “…Byeongari?” He reconfirms. “Yep! That’s the name I’ve given to this chicky! Don’t you think it looks like you?” Chanhee smiles, raising the plushy into the air to admire it under the glow of sun. Byunghun shakes his head at Chanhee’s childishness, but it does make him look cute in a certain way.

Chanhee puts down the plush, and twists his body to face the other. “I want to say thanks… for allowing me to experience stuffs that… I didn’t expect that I would experience them in this life time of mine…” Chanhee started, face slightly turning pink. “And… a prize for you-“ Chanhee quickly ends, before giving Byunghun a quick peck on the cheek.

Byunghun raised his hand to feel the kiss on his cheek. It was a chaste one, but it is felt wholeheartedly by Byunghun. Taking a risk to push his luck further, he pouts at Chanhee. “Only a kiss on the cheek? I want it on the lips!” Byunghun whines, waving his hands like a kid.

“Y-yah! It’s already good that I gave you one! Don’t push your luck Byunghun!” Chanhee manages out. Byunghun went on his knees, with both his hands put together, and he gave Chanhee the best puppy face pout he could. “Please? Just a kiss… I promise this is not a bet, prank or what-so-ever.” Byunghun promised, putting three fingers up to “swear his oath”.

Chanhee chuckles at the cute façade the other had put up. ‘Well… Since you’re such a nice date, and for paying for almost everything, and putting such a nice show for me now… oh and also for apologizing for laughing at your cute scared expression…” Chanhee listed, before closes the gap between each other’s lips.

Although no tongue was involved, Byunghun felt elated to feel the warm lips of Chanhee once more. From their very first kiss, he became addicted to it. Chanhee pulls away, blushing madly as he averted his gaze from Byunghun’s own. Liking how his other date took so much initiative, he tackles Chanhee to the ground and hugs him in the process.

“Let’s stay like that and watch the sunset.” Chanhee agrees, putting his head on Byunghun’s chest, as he joins the other and savor the beautiful glow that emitted from the sun. ‘This is truly one extraordinary date’ Chanhee though out.

-

Somewhere else, two individual walks into the dark halls of the apartment. “Looks like he isn’t home.” One of them concluded. The individual turns to the other, motioning their intention of inviting the other in. “No worries, we’ll wait till he returns. I believe he’ll be glad to meet you once more.” The guest smiles and nods humbly.

As the lights switches on, the rays bounces infinitely from the walls, filling the apartment with light. The guest features glowed under the bright light, with features that most females would envy for - Long wavy hair in chestnut color, eyes that are able to show emotions and lips all so envy for a kiss.

That guest is Kim Hyuna.

Byunghun’s Fiancée. 


A/N: And ~ Hyuna makes the entrance! Worry not, she won't be as y as in My Letters to You! She'll be a very nice person! =)! 

Thanks for the patiences, subscriptions and comments! They're loved and cherished! I hope this chapter would fulfil your satiety!