Chapter 34

Reminiscence

 

Byunghun slams the door after he enters the apartment. The loud impact did not manage to miss the ears of a certain doctor, who came out with worried eyes. “What happened? You’re injured! Come sit down, I’ll patch you up.” Hyuna exclaims, and pulls Byunghun down to a chair while she exits the room.

She came back moments later, with a bag filled with ice. “Here, hold it on your cheek. It’ll reduce to swelling. Mind telling what happen?” She asks in a soft tone as she hands the bag of ice to Byunghun. The male took it and hissed when he felt the cold material touch the wound. He looked at Hyuna for a moment before he rolled his eyes away in annoyance, having recall the incident that occurred just minutes ago. “It was just fine when some guy entered the apartment and the next thing I knew, I found myself tumbling backwards. He punched me, for god knows what reason! I didn’t even offend them! It is as if that guy has a grudge for me the moment he lands his eyes on me. Honestly, I never knew barbarians still exist to this date…” Byunghun mutters bitterly as he regurgitates the entire story.

Hyuna sighs and shakes her head. “Forgive them. They’re… just probably having lots of problems on their hands. You know how stress can get to people.” She suggested as she took her place on Byunghun’s lap and slung an arm over the male’s shoulder, with another hand cupping Byunghun’s cheek and turns it to face her. “At least you’re not extremely injured. Luckily the wedding is a good 2 months away if not I’ll have to marry a guy with bruised face.” She chuckles as she captures Byunghun’s lip with a peck. Byunghun smiles at the small gesture and lean towards the warmth of the side-hug.

Planting one last kiss on Byunghun’s lip, Hyuna hops off her fiancé’s lap, grabs the other’s hand and pulls him along. “Come now, we got work to do. I need a strong man to help with the packing.” She exclaims as she gave the other a playful wink. Byunghun scoffs with a smile as he eye the woman before him with loving eyes. He felt so grateful that at times like this – how her small gestures and actions can make him so calm all of the sudden.

-

“Daddy! Daddy! Can we go to Seoul? I want to see the outside world!” Ricky exclaims as he repeats his request over and over again. Chanhee smiles softly as he ruffles the boy’s hair. “Do you really want to go so badly?” He asks the little boy, and as expected a nod is given. “We never get to go anywhere. L.joe says we no need to pay at all! Please can we go? Please!” Ricky asks once more, producing a puppy eyed expression and pairs it up with a pout. At times when Ricky ever wanted anything, he would give his best and cute expression that Chanhee could not resist.

“I’ll think about it.” Chanhee replies with a chuckle. Ricky whines loudly as he rolls around the floor. “Don’t think about it, Daddy. You always say that and it would always end up with a no.” Ricky pouted, playfully punching his father in the chest. Chanhee sighs in desperation. “Alright. We’ll go. But you better behave yourself when you’re there.” Chanhee instructed. In the next instance, Ricky squeal out loud and continues to chant how much he love his father, hugging him and kissing him non-stop.

He stops when the door opens, and reveals a disheveled Minsoo, who looked as if the world has ended for him. Minsoo came for Chanhee. The father tells Ricky to play by himself and excused himself, but he makes sure to get back on Ricky after he hears the little boy winking at Chanhee and giggling away madly. Chanhee walks out of the room and shuts the door, before looking at Minsoo.

He can see from Minsoo’s eyes that he is apologetic. “I-I’m sorry Chanhee. Please don’t be angry. It’s just that…” Chanhee stops Minsoo’s speech with a finger on the other’s lip. Chanhee shakes his head before putting a gentle smile on his lips. “It’s okay. I understand you’re mad of him, and I know you didn’t mean it when you punched him.” Chanhee says.

Having cleared of his own guiltiness, Minsoo envelops the other with a tight hug. “Thank you so much. I’ll promise I won’t disappoint you anymore. I’ll make sure to let you and Ricky live better lives.” Minsoo declared with pride. Chanhee returns the hug and let his head rest on the other’s shoulder. They stood at the position for a moment before Chanhee restarted the conversation.

“Hey Minsoo. Can you do me a favor?” Chanhee asks softly, and smiled when he heard the other replying ‘anything for you’. Chanhee let his lips hover over Minsoo’s ear and he could sense how the older male shivers with his own warm breath breathing down the other’s ear. “Help me forget him.”

Minsoo pulls away from the hug and looked at Chanhee with wide eyes. He has waited for this moment for so long, that he gave a confirmation look to the other, to confirm that his ears and mind isn’t playing a trick on him. Seeing how confused Minsoo is, Chanhee chuckles a bit before claiming Minsoo’s lips. The spark isn’t as intensive as he once had with Byunghun but it is no doubt as warm as the other, and the intensity of the love is no lower. ‘If Byunghun is able to move on, I’ll be able to do the same as well.” He declares in his own mind.

-

Somewhere far away in Seoul, a male holds the knife aloft as he stabs his victim before him. “Where is he?” He seethed as he twists the knife while still within the other’s gut. The man watches as his victim screamed out without any sound as the victim’s face distorts with agony. “I’ll ask you once more, where is he”?

His patience runs dry when his victim refuses to reply, and he stabs him one more time before letting the slowly turning cold body collapse to the ground. He stow the weapon away in his own jacket and walked away from the alley. He lifts his head up into the starless sky and stars at the dark abyss, with only one though and one aim within his mind.

‘I’m coming for you, Lee Chanhee.’ 


A/N

Honestly, the last part wasn't supposed to be out till the next chapter >_<

But I simply couldn't wait to introduce the suspence! 

Hope you all enjoy today's chapter!