Chapter 4

Reminiscence

 

Byunghun spent the next hour teaching the taller boy basic techniques of basketball, though however it seems that Chanhee doesn’t possess much talent in sports. He has been missing the loop so far with his every shot, and he isn’t getting more energetic by the minute.

“This is too hard…” Chanhee whines, showing obvious signs of wanting to give up. “Come on try again! Don’t give up!” Byunghun cheered, although inside, he got a little impatient as he sees more missed goals. How hard can it be to just throw a ball into the basket loop?

“Urg! I really can’t… I don’t have the talent for this.” Chanhee pouts, finally giving up. No matter how hard he tries, even in the past he could never excel in sports. He used envy his classmates whenever he sees them play. Chanhee wanted to join in, but they won’t let – he too much.

“Come, let’s do it together.” Byunghun suggested. He went behind the taller boy, and overlapped his own arms over the Chanhee’s, positioning it in the ready position. “Get ready” Byunghun whispers into the other’s ear, seeing that they shared such a close skinship. With an adjusted and carefully aimed position, both boys exert sufficient force into the ball, and it flew. And it entered the loop.

“Yes! Finally!” Chanhee shouts out in victory. Although it’s an assisted throw, Chanhee never felt so elated before. This was his first goal ever so far in his entire life and it all thanks to the blonde boy. He gave the shorter boy a hug as a representation of thanks; however their imbalance height caused both of them to tumble down, with Byunghun on top of the taller boy.

-

Minsoo lose both of them. For just a short moment, he turns his sight away from them and he lost the trail. He wandered around the Gymnasium, unsure where they could be. Have dated before, he is definitely certain that they couldn’t have a date in such places. Probably at some place more posh – like a café or a mall maybe?

Yet, he continues to scour the area trying to find the pair, in hopes that his eyes did not deceive him. Out of breath, he takes a short breather near a water dispenser nearby. He rested at a nearby bench, when he took notice of a few guys that seemed familiar.

He knows them. Though he never knew their name, but from what he could recall – they are the guys that hang out with the blonde stranger that took Chanhee out on a date. Minsoo decides that he could probably persuade them to tell him the whereabouts of the couple.

But as if on cue, the guys’ conversation happens to be in relation. “You think Byunghun would succeed?”

“Hmmm… I’m not sure. He seems confident enough.”

“He definitely will succeed… he has to…”

“Why? For once, I wanted him to lose – so I can get my hands on that tape”

“Seriously Sungyeol! You’re my boyfriend… how could you…”

“Aw ~ is my Myunggie feeling jealous? Though I find you and Sungjong rather cute ~”

“Sungyeol!”

“Alright… Fine. Anyways, where are they? You’d said they came walking here.”

“Hmmm… I think they are at the basketball court. That Byunghun always use that trick. Not that I dislike it but it’s so overused!”

“Well, it hasn’t failed him once yet. I’d believe he will get the kiss from that Chanhee guy today.”

“Let’s go take a peek at them!”

-

Chanhee stares into the other’s eyes. If one never looked into it intently enough, they never knew how beautiful Byunghun’s eyes are. The more he takes in Byunghun’s features, the more handsome Byunghun became in the eyes of Chanhee.

But Chanhee isn’t the only one feeling this way. Byunghun has the very same thoughts. Although it’s just a harmless bet, he subconsciously wished that he could date Chanhee for real. All those little talks they made during the lesson, and now that he look carefully at Chanhee – he found him more pretty than any girl he has every dated or seen. It makes him want to stop this bet and all.

Byunghun’s eyes wandered slightly lower, looking at the luscious lips of the other. ‘Just a kiss. I don’t have to take a photo. I… don’t want to hurt him’ Byunghun thought out. He began to lower his lips, reducing the distance between his and Chanhee’s lips.

The suspense build up, as Byunghun slowed his lowering speed, to the point so unbearable that Chanhee pulled the other boy down, finally closing the gap.

*Snap*

Both boys pulled apart at the sound of a picture getting taken. They turn to the attention to the source. It was Myungsoo and Sungyeol. “Wha…?” Chanhee croaked out, confused with the current situation.

Before even one of the boys could explain their harmless bet, Minsoo came rushing in, pushing aside Byunghun and help Chanhee stand. He glared at the other three boys, before turning his attention to the stunned boy. “Chanhee, they tricked you! They just want to humiliate you by stealing your kiss.” Chanhee stopped blinking, and soon reality brought him back. That’s when Chanhee grasp the meaning behind the date.

It’s a game, all just a game to them. And worst of all, he actually fell for the boy who made his heart skip twice their usual speed. Embarrassed, he took off at the next moment that arrived. Minsoo glared back one last time, before chasing after Chanhee.

Byunghun frowns and watch as Chanhee runs away. Although the others did not see, he could see tears streaking down Chanhee’s face, at the edge of his cheeks. Now, in his whole mind he could only ponder over Chanhee. He did not join his friends in laughter, laughing away on Chanhee’s humiliation.

It’s all just a harmless bet.

That comes with a broken heart. 


A/N: I feel the kiss part is a bit rushed >< Probably I should let them date longer before the kiss huh? Anyways - As always Thank you for the Subscriptions, Views as well as comments! They are loved! :>

 

Chapter BG music: TVXQ - Holding Back The Tears