If I Ain't Got You

Heartbreaker

 

"Jongdae i want to be a host"
 
Jongdae looks at me, then laughs "go home Luhan" i walk towards his desk "im serious" he has his head looking down, papers are on my way. he doesnt pay attention to me, because of them "dont you think is a bit hypocrite?" i nod "yes, but is the only way. i cant raise 3 million dollars on my own" Jongdae raise his head "sit down"
 
i sit on the same chair, i was two weeks ago "Baekhyun bring me one of the contracts" for the first time i dont see Baekhyun writing. he walks to a drawer, takes a folder out and brings it to Jongdae. he opens the folder and scratches somethings, and adds new ones "okay, you would give me 3 million dollars in exact one month" i nod.
 
"you wouldnt be on sell, is there something else im forgetting?" he turns to see Baekhyun "oh, yes. if you dont have the amount by one month you would be mine" high price but reasonable "fine, but if i do give you the money. you have to promise me that you wouldnt go after us or any of my friends" Jongdae writes it down in the contract "oh, and Sehun can come back"
 
Jongdae sighs but he still adds it "okay, just sign and you be our new host" he turns the contract to me, Baekhyun gives me a pen. i slowly put it close to the paper, and i hold my breath. i begin to sign it. now i was the devil's servant. i give the pen to Jongdae and he sign his part. i slowly begin to breath again. but at the time Tao opens the door, and looks at me. it was to late.
 
"Tao what are you doing here? dont you have work to do?" Jongdae says, but surprisely nice tone "yes" Tao bows, he gives me a look of im-disappointed-on-you. but he ends up closing the door "Baekhyun show Luhan the place" Baekhyun nods and he doesnt tell me to follow him, he just walks out of the room. i look at Jongdae, but he was to busy with some papers.
 
so i begin to run after Baekhyun "listen you have to keep this on mind" i nod, he was still alittle bit ahead of me. so i continue to walk fast "1. the only thing you know is your name, if they ask you what kind of person you are, you would say.." "...im a fun person?" he hits me in my head "no, you would ask them what kind of person they want you to be. you are here to become their fantasy"
 
"2. they have to pay first, 3. never kiss on the mouth" i nod, we enter to a big room where some host where sitting down "heres in the place where you are going to wait, before we open the night club" the room looks like a hotel launch "you should hang with Chanyeol whenever you feel lost" i nod "hey Chanyeol come here" "whats up Baekhyun"
 
"this is our new host" Chanyeol chuckles at me "whats up with Jongdae hiring young people?" "im actually older than you and Baekhyun" Chanyeol looks at me amaze "your baby face would come useful, here" i dont like that, i feel gross out "his in class A" class A.. "what class am i?" "your in class D, with Tao" D doesnt sound good.
 
"oh Chanyeol did you practice your pole dance?" Chanyeol nods, proud "see yesterday Chanyeol's date said said she would come back if Chanyeol knew how to pole dance, so since yesterday Chanyeol has been practicing" "but is not enough time" "havent you been listening? you never say no to a client, you are his/her fantasy you would become everything they want you to be"
 
play a character every different night, we are actors trying to make the audience happy "come, you need your suit" we get out of the room and we go to another one, it was like a big closet. full of ties, shirts, jackets, pants, shoes, socks, everything "you are missing something, you come here. understand?" i nod, Baekhyun looks at me, guessing my size.
 
"here" i grab it, we walk out of there and we go to the first floor "hey Baekhyun, is Yixing in class A?" Baekhyun chuckles, making fun of me "yes, his one of the best. when he was better" the last part he says it half whispering, and i feel my skin full of goosebumps. i didnt like the way Baekhyun made those words sound. like if there was no hope for Yixing, or no way out. 
 
we walk to the main part of the night club, we stand infront of everything. where people wonder what kind of fantasy would come true. i see waiters cleaning the tables, getting the bar ready, getting the lights ready, for the show "oh Baekhyun, this is Taemin" we turn to Tao and next to him was a kid, Taemin "your the boy whos going to open the doors?"
 
the boy seem younger than Tao, but we can only guess his age at this point "okay, come with me" before Baekhyun walks away to his other business, he looks at me "i bring the key to your room later" i nod, now he walks away. i didnt feel good being alone with Tao, after what happen. but he didnt leave so i guess he wants to talk to me.
 
"your lucky that i couldnt leave the coffee shop open just like that" i hit myself in the head, i had totally forgotten about that "thank you" i chuckle, then silence appears again. it was a cold silence, with alot to say.
 
"im not sorry" Tao nods "im not mad at you, i guess is just the jealousy talking" "jealousy?" Tao acts like the kid that he was "yeah, you had a family, school, friends.  you were free, and you let it go" "how did you end up here?" Tao sighs, he didnt want to make it so obvious, that he had a sad story. but the words were on the air, and he couldnt swallowed them
 
"i dont know how long i was actually living on the streets. maybe 4 - 5 weeks? or more, but i do remember starving for 10 days. i tried getting a job, but they wouldnt give it to me. because i look like someone who belong on a gang, and the people didnt want to have problems" 
 
"i was walking on a park, i havent never being in that part of the city but i know there was alot of people. i guess i was hoping if i die, someone would actually care. so i sit down on a bench. waiting" "waiting for what?" Tao chuckles "death, maybe. until two people stop infront of me, he ask how i was, i didnt respond. he show me a business card and gave it to me"
 
"he said to come tomorrow, before he left he gave me some money so i could eat something" "did the person was...was he, Yixing?" Tao shakes his head "no, it was Jongdae" thats why his tone was nice, when Tao enter his office "Tao, can you come please" Baekhyun interrupts our talk, Tao nods to him "i be back" he gives a step forward but i stop him.
 
"wait, you said two people, who was the other one?" Tao smiles at me "is a secret" he winks and walks towards Baekhyun. so Jongdae is actually a nice person? the way Tao made him sound, it was like Jongdae was Tao's savior. theres to many secrets around Yixing's family, and around this place. i look around, and i can only imagine, what this path was.
 
i hit myself in the ahead again, im so stupid. im here at the club, why am i not in Yixing's room. i run up stairs to go to the second floor. i still remember the number, how can i forget that. my eyes are glue to the number on the doors, getting closer, which made me afraid. everyone just talks about Yixing, as someone who is sick, without a life.
 
im afraid to see him like that, to see him broken. i stand infront of the door, i dont know whether to knock or to just open the door. so i stand there, thinking. mistakes can not be seen, until you realize you have made a mistake. what if i did a mistake? the way Tao talks about life, about my life. yes, i was lucky. and i left that luck, for him.
 
for a half stranger, theres no turning back now. maybe all of this is not a mistake, but an opportunity for love. so i open the door, and the smell was horrible. the smell of vinegary. it was the acetic acid that is used as a byproduct of the acteylation reaction that used to convert morphine to heroin.
 
i cover my nose, and i walk to  the restroom and Yixing was laying down, next to the bathtub.
 
"Yixing!"
 
 
 
------
 
boring chapter~