The Light Behind Your Eyes

Heartbreaker

 

i wake up, the blanket that i had put on Yixing, is on me. i look at the place where Yixing was laying down yesterday, and he wasnt there "Yixing?!" i stand up, and the only steps i could hear are mine. i strench, and my back cracks giving me a good feeling "Yixing" i call his name again, but there was no answer. i go to the empty kitchen, just to find it, like we left it yesterday.
 
i go up stairs to his room, and nothing. i pass by Yixing's parents room, maybe he was there reminiscing about the past. so i open the door just alittle bit, and i didnt hear anything. i open it all, just to find white bed with dust. then anxiety starts to kick in. what if Jongdae had come in the middle of the night to take Yixing away.
 
my mother always said that an earthquake could happen, and it wouldnt wake me up. i run downstairs and i cant control my heart. i dont know what to do, i dont know who to call. i have to go back. and beg for them to let me in. i nod, yes thats what im going to do. stupid plan, maybe. but im going to try.
 
maybe Jongdae would have mercy on me, i know his going to tell his man to beat me up. is okay, i think i can take it. everything to see Yixing again. i open the door, and there he was. Yixing. my tears fall from my eyes, and i start to hit him in his tone chest. he doesnt stop me or my tears. he understands, even when i didnt explain him.
 
i got scared that he wasnt around. my tears lands on the white t-shirt making it dark. my hits begin to slow down, into i didnt hit him anymore. i hug him. now my tears were making his t-shirt dark "i got scared....i got scared Jongdae had taken you away" he wraps his arms around me, hugging me. we stay like this, for a brief moment "Luhan.."
 
"uhm"
 
"if they come, you have to run"
 
"no, i cant" i look at him, and i know he was being serious. and i know it wouldnt be easy changing his mind, but i have to try "Luhan, listen. Jongdae wouldnt do anything to me, because im his brother. but you...he would torture you"
 
"but i cant...no. i wouldnt."
 
"your stupid?"
 
i chuckle, i know he didnt mean it in a mean way. i clean my tears with my right hand "yes" he scoffs but laughs at the end. he plays with my hair ones again, and i like the way his hand goes through my hair. the smooth way his hand feels. the way he puts weight in my head. i like it. all.
 
he walks to the sofa, he puts the two pillows that i had drop, in the middle again "im going to get wood, for the fire place" he leaves, and i just wait for him. he comes back with wood already cut in pieces for the fire place, he puts it inside the fire place. he burns a paper and puts it inside. it doesnt take long for the wood to burn.
 
the little sound the burn wood was making. it was like a click sound, and little fire flying "why me?" "what you, what?" he sits infront of  the fire place, not to close but enough distance, so he can move the wood with the stick "why did you pick me?" 
 
"i dont know...i saw you, and out of nowhere my heart starts to tell me not to let you go"
 
"it sounds like a story" he chuckles
 
"maybe i can write someday"
 
he moves the wood just to do something "well if it has a sad ending, please dont write it. lie and write a happy ending"
 
"it wouldnt have a sad ending, i swear" he laughs at my promise, he still thinks im a child. a child that believes in fairytales, but i was serious "so...i told you about my past, why dont you tell me about yours?"
 
changing the subject~ "i grow up, believing that destiny and faith play a big role in someones life" dont know if Yixing is paying attention to my history, but i continue to talk "my parents always told me, that i can be whatever i want to be. there was nothing impossible in my world" i put my head in the arm of the sofa, i chuckle alittle remembering about my mothers words.
 
"my mom, always told me meeting my father was because of destiny, she would always tell me that. 'Luhan, destiny gave me a big gift. by giving me your father. and thanks for that you were born" Yixing looks at his side, trying to look at me with the corner of his eye "so when i five year old, has grown up with this things, he sees the world in detail. wishing destiny to come to him"
 
"but deep inside i knew that if i stay in my homestown, it was never going to come. so i moved to Seoul, i met Jongin and Kyungsoo. seen how they date, then break up with people. just to realize that they were in love with each other, i remember when they told me. i came from school, and they dont even wait for me to sit down, they just say 'Luhan, we are dating'"
 
"where you happy?"
 
"yes! for someone who had seen them, get hurt by other people. just to realize that the person who they suppose to be with, was infront of them" ironically, Yixing was infront of me. 
 
"how did you found me?"
 
"i was walking in the same park, i always walk through. then you came out from a black mercedes, you didnt notice me. but i notice you"
 
"was i with someone?"
 
"yeah...it was someone else. not Sehun" the taste that it comes when i say his name, makes me mad "i dont know if this follows your destiny philosophy, but that day, my friend Minseok called me. he had left the city five years ago. he called me because he wanted to see me. we were suppose to see each other, in the morning. but i was...." Yixing turns around and looks at me. 
 
"i was...with Sehun, so i moved our appointment to the afternoon" my destiny had called me, had showed me Yixing. he was the person i was suppose to be with. i was in the right place, at the right time. without me knowing. Yixing stands up, confuse. he looks around not sure were to go "i have to think" i stand up "you stay here, please Luhan i have to think"
 
i sit down, and i wait. Yixing goes to a room upstairs. i hear the door close, he stays there for 30 minutes, then i hear the door open again. i look behind to see if he was coming back. but he wasnt, instead i hear him open another room. this time he took an hour. he comes back down, but he doesnt come to the livingroom, he goes to another part of the house.
 
 
the light from the sun, hits the house so bright. then i slowly see the light from the sun dim. it was getting late, and Yixing was still somewhere around the house. still thinking, which i got worry. what was he thinking? what kind of problems is he building in his mind? and why doesnt he let me help him? i lay down in the sofa, waiting for his questions and answers.
 
 
 
 
"Luhan, wake up" Yixing begins to shake me, i didnt realize i had fallen asleep "whats wrong?" he moves the pillows out of the middle, and he sits there "i need you to go to your hometown" "what? no" Yixing puts his hands in my arms, making me listen "you wait for me there, give me a week and i go and meet you in your hometown"
 
"what? no, you made a promise to your mom that your going to leave Jongdae and you never did. how do i know your not going to do the same thing?"
 
"because im your destiny. look i never believe in anything, but your story, about destiny and everything. maybe i was suppose to be a host so you could find me"
 
"you promise"
 
he laughs "i promise, we can figure the world together"
 
"oh look at the beautiful scene" Jongdae comes from the kitchen "i forgot about this place" more people come from the front door, Yixing still protecting me "Jongdae is me you want, leave Luhan alone"
 
"see theres a problem, you miss work days, and someone has to pay me for that" Jongdae nods, and two man grab me from behind, and one pushes Yixing aside "i'll pay you, just leave Luhan alone" i look at Yixing scared, i worry more for him than for me. hell i dont care about me, but Yixing..for him, i'll do anything.
 
"no, no wait!" the man who was about to grab Yixing, stops and now all eyes are on me "Jongdae, remember what you told me? about my two chooses, i chose the second one" Jongdae snaps his fingers and they take Yixing, and they let me go "take him to the car" "Luhan!" Yixing begins to yell, trying to get free "Luhan!, no" then someone slams the door.
 
"now we can talk" Jongdae smiles, and is a evil one. no doubt now "i get two million dollars, to buy Yixng"
 
Jongdae claps, excited, or waiting for me to fail "but.." 
 
"but what?"
 
"there cant be a single scratch in his face or any part of his body" Jongdae raises his hand "deal"
 
i stretch my hand, and he does the same. i had sign a contract with the devil, for my soul.