Dinner Tonight at the Dorm

Jinki's New Girlfriend

A/N: THANK YOU SUBSCRIBERS!!! Especially for being patient and waiting for updates. My story plots just haven't been able to flow as much as they used to when I first began writing my fanfics, but I'm trying :)

 

"Who are you looking forward to seeing perform, out of all of us?" Taemin asked putting her on the spot.
 

"Well I like all of you, so that's a hard question." Keiko's hated choosing between people.
 

"Well if you had to choose, who would it be?" Key asked, hinting that she may just say she's looking forward to seeing the Leader.
 

Maybe I should see their reaction if I say a name randomly. "Hmm...I'd have to say..." She hesitated for a while. "Jonghyun." 
 

The Leaders confidence meter fell once again. They were all for sure she'd say his name but this wasn't the end yet. Key's heart sank into his feet as well as Jinki's. "Wow really? But I thought Onew hyung was your-"
 

Jinki nudged Keyhe side in the and cut him off in mid sentence, not wanting to hear the rest of what he had say. He just wanted the conversation to be over and to save himself from embarrassment. "Key...please don't ask "those" questions."
 

"I have I find out if she really likes you." Key whispered into Jinki's ear.
 

"Can we please not do it this way in front of everyone? I don't want to be embarrassed." Jinki whispered back.
 

"Keiko why'd you chose Jonghyun hyung?" Taemin continued the conversation. 
 

"Well you guys to me to choose someone so I picked randomly. I like Jonghyun a lot because he's good looking, and charming when he sings but-"
 

"But what?" Key quickly interjected wanting her to say something kind about Jinki. "Come on you can tell me."
 

Keiko hesitated and felt shy. "I don't want to say it in front of everyone." Everyone eyeballed each other in confusion.
 

"Gwenchanayo, you don't have to feel pressured to make any decisions." Jonghyun told her sweetly.
 

"Leave us two alone, you guys can go on." Key told the members while he and Keiko stayed behind to chat privately. "So tell me, what's bothering you?"
 

"I really like Jinki, but sometimes we can be very awkward around each other. I know we don't know each other well but I really like him and I don't know how he feels about me. I did have a conversation with him earlier and I did hug him, but it took a lot for me to do that, but I did it because I care about him a lot and I want to be by his side."
 

"So you do like Onew hyung, but why'd did you say such nice things about Jonghyun?"
 

"Key all of you are charming... All of you make me nervous...well except Taemin."
 

"I'm sorry, but why?"
 

"I don't know... You're all so good looking and have attractive personalities. And I love Taemin but I can only see him as a brother since he can be so cute and naive, although I can tell he has y dark side to him, I'm in need of a leader. Since I've been a fan of you all for so long my heart has been set on Jinki and longs for him, but I like you since we're so much alike... It's just a mess..." Keiko blurted out her never ending thoughts.
 

"Wait so you like me too, but-"
 

"I like Jinki more."
 

"And the other members?"
 

"I can see myself dating all of you but Jinki is the one I want to be with. I know you and I can get along so well but Jinki needs me and I want to there for him."
 

"Are you doing this out pity?"
 

"Absolutely not...I know it's soon to say this but..." She hesitated and her face became hot and flushed and her fingers began to sweat, "I love him."
 

"Wait a minute, you what?..."
 

Silence filled the air before Keiko spoke again. "I love Jinki. Key I know its a lot but don't tell him. I'll have to tell him myself someday, but now is definitely not the time."
 

"How can you love him so soon?"
 

"Who couldn't? He needs to be taken care of and seems to neglect the nourishment he needs for himself so someone has to do it. And since I've been a watching you all for so long, I know he's been through a lot, all of you have, but I've heard Jjong state that he's fragile and that just made me want to be that person who can strengthen him. He's a great person and takes on a lot of responsibility, I just want to see him doing well and stay healthy. Not only that, he's smart, hilarious, talented and blessed with a beautiful voice, and most of all, he's tall and handsome."
 

"Well it seems like you know him better than I thought but he doesn't know that. We'll have to figure something out."
 

"Yeah I really want to tell him, but don't want to scare him. I don't know what he thinks of me. I'm just his colleague and he has more important things to worry about. I honestly don't want to be his distraction."
 

"Well it's already too late, you've been a distraction for him since day one. He's more of one of those "I believe in love at first sight" kind of guys. That's not a bad thing though, he needs someone like you to love him for who he is. We should all get to know you further more to verify you're perfect for our leader. You already have my approval but I just want to keep a closer eye on you to make sure you're the one." Key put his hands on her shoulders and gave a sharp gaze but a friendly warming smile. "Let's go in shall we? And don't be so nervous around him, it'll make things so awkward, but then again I could understand why'd you'd be so nervous in front of hyung since you mentioned you think he's good looking. By the way, your sense of fashion is unique, and original." Key complimented her on her wardrobe. He loved when girls dressed nicely, but it was even better for his hyung. 
 

"Thanks!" Keiko said as the two were headed into the concert hall. "I guess I'll get started on my work," she said as she and Key went their separate ways.
 

"What were you two talking about for so long?" Jonghyun questioned.
 

"I talked to her about hyung. She really likes him so maybe we should make some arrangements later on tonight for her to come over to the dorm for dinner."
 

"Woah, wait, she likes hyung?!" Jonghyun yelled out loud.
 

"Jjong keep it down!" Key pinched Jjong on the arm."
 

"We should tell hyung first. You can't just invite people over without him knowing."
 

"Yes we can!"
 

"Well the least you can say to him is what you two were talking about so he doesn't take it the wrong way."
 

"Keiko told me she'll tell him herself but who know how long that'll take but I don't want to spoil it for either of them. They have to confess to each other." Key decided to go over to Jinki and talk to him about why he pulled Keiko aside. "Onew hyung, I wanted to talk to you about why I talked to Keiko. Since she's still new she's wanting to warm up to us but said we make her nervous. Let's invite her over to the dorm."
 

"I think it's a bit too soon for that don't you think? And why do we make her nervous? Did she say who specifically?" 
 

"I don't think it's too soon but..."
 

"But what?"
 

"Hyung she gets nervous around all of us since she likes us all and she's attracted to all of us, but you make her the most nervous of us all."
 

"Why me?"
 

"Don't take it personal... She just..." I can't tell him she likes him... Ugh, it's so hard for me to keep secrets. "Maybe she likes you? Have you ever thought about that? She was comfortable enough to talk to me earlier and does well with speaking to everyone else but you."
 

"How could you assume that? She spoke to me earlier with no problem."
 

"Hyung I can sense when people like each other, and you definitely don't know that."
 

"So basically you were digging up dirt on Keiko without speaking to me first?" Jinki questioned.
 

"Yeah, something like that."
 

"Thanks for your concern but I didn't ask you to do that."
 

"Come on hyung, don't be like that. I know you like her and I want you to have a girlfriend. I know she'll take care of you." Jinki didn't say anything and was just ready to begin their day.
 

While practice began, Keiko was backstage setting out their wardrobe. "So how are the boys treating you?" Their manager asked out of curiosity, sensing she and Key were already close.
 

"They're treating me well and take care of me."
 

"That's great they know how to treat women well. I heard you all went to out to dinner the other night, who's idea was that?" He teased.
 

"Oh I'm not sure but dinner was really nice, we got to know each other better."
 

He was sure it was Jjong's idea, knowing he always had some trick up his sleeves. "Well I hope you all continue to get along." He wrapped up the conversation and allowed her to begin her work. She separated the wardrobe by each members own belongings and began to analyze to make sure they were in good condition.
 

I wonder what made him ask such a random question or bring up us having dinner the other night. Are the members talking about me when I'm not around? Guys seem to always talk about girls and tend to blow things out proportion. Huh oh well. Keiko began checking the clothes for malfunctions and steam cleaned them in their dressing room. She noticed Taemin and Minho has rips in the crotch region. What the hell have these boys been doing? She asked herself as she analyzed the rips in the pants to see if she could repair them, but eventually she went on and decided to replace the pants with an alternate pair to match their wardrobe. When she was done, she went to watch SHINee practice live on stage for the first time. As she approached the stage, the sound system was loud, the stage lights were bright and she couldn't help to be in awe at the sight of five shining guys performing 'Dream Girl' in front of her. was agape as she looked around before she seated herself before them. The members were so busy, they hadn't noticed her presence except Jinki. Once his eyes made contact, both their hearts began to race at the sight of each other. "Oh my goodness he looks so y. " Keiko said out loud to herself, while she watched Jinki twirl the microphone stand. His vocals were angelic to her ears.
 

"Who looks y?" SHINee's manager appeared behind her and startled her.
 

"Neh?" She was stratled and didn't think anyone would be listening.
 

"I'm just teasing." He stood back watched the performance himself with his arms crossed. "They're amazing aren't they?"
 

"Huh?" Keiko was so distracted by the five boys she neglected to answer his question, then later on realized what was being said to her. "Oh neh, daebak." She proceeded to watch without blinking, until Jinki slipped and fell. "Omo! He's so clumsy, I wonder if he's okay." Keiko said to their manager.


Well this is embarrassing to have watch us perform and I had to be clumsy enough to fall in front of her. Jinki continued on with the performance and soon again found himself tripping again while members helped him up and laughed. They knew once Onew Sangtae had hit him, something was wrong, and for sure they knew it was Keiko making him nervous. How is it possible to perform in front of hundreds and thousands of fans, but when their is one person watching me, I can't focus straight? I'll be glad when this is over so we can get back to the dorm.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Before heading back to the dorm, Jonghyun and Key had discussed their later plans with Keiko, which was to meet them at their dorm for dinner without confirming this information with the leader. They exchanged numbers so Key could give her directions, but little did they know their dorm was downstairs from where she lived.
 

"So tonight at seven you'll come over to the dorm, okay?" Key and Jonghyun mouthed to Keiko behind the leaders back.


Oh my gosh I can't believe I went out to dinner with SHINee at a restaurant and for the second time I'll be having dinner in their home. I'm so nervous, and I hope their dorm is as clean as they shown on tv. Everything I see on tv is a lie... Well almost everything. Especially Jinki being cute and sweet. I'm not saying he isn't but he's such a private person and I can't get through to him. Hopefully he isn't upset about me coming over for dinner tonight and will open up.
 

Keiko decided to go home and freshen up and as she pulled into her parking space she saw a man at a distance who appeared to look like Jonghyun from behind entering the dorm building but she didn't think anything of it. She grabbed her purse and went to her dorm to shower and straightened her hair.
 

"Ugh, what should I wear? I want dress comfortably but I don't want to look too comfortable..." She spoke to herself out loud. Going into her closet she pulled out rhombus plaid black and white dress, along with a pair of platformed shoes.

 

"Should I wear makeup or am I doing too much? Yeah I'll wear some." She decided to wear eyeliner and eyeshadow instead of foundation. Using foundation took too much time to apply and decide it was only used for certain occasions. While applying her makeup, she received a text message from Key with a given location of their dorm.
 

Gasping Keiko spoke to herself aloud again. "Omo!! We live in the same dorm complex...they won't believe me." She decided to give Key a phone call to confirm their residence. She waited while the phone rang three time until he picked up. "Key?" 
 

"Yes it's me."
 

"You won't believe me, but we live in the same dorm building."
 

"No way really?!"
 

"Yes I'm serious. What a coincidence?
 

"I know right?! That way hyung can walk you to your door later on."
 

"Oh come Key, don't you think it's a little too soon for that? But next time I'll have to invite you all over to my dorm."
 

"Sounds like a plan. There's an aunt here preparing dinner for us and she'll be done soon but you're more than welcomed to come over in the next half an hour. We all had to go to the wash room after a long day today."
 

"That's fine, I guess I'll be down soon."
 

"I hope you don't get lost on the way here." Key joked as they both laughed. Meanwhile in time she waited, Keiko decided she'd clean her dorm a little in case the members wanted to come over and check out her home as well. She was nervous about tonight and wasn't sure how Jinki would react but was hoping they could gradually become more comfortable like she, Jjong, and Key were together. It seemed as if they've known each other already.
 

As the time seemed to have passed quickly, Keiko walked down stairs to SHINee's dorm. She knocked and waited, and outside the door, the halls were filled with the aroma of freshly homemade food. Her stomach growled at the savory scent.
 

"Annyeonghasaeyo!" Taemin and Minho "Wow you look pretty." Minho complimented as he welcomed her into the door.
 

"Annyeonghasaeyo! And thank you."
 

"Are you hungry, because there's plenty to eat?"
 

"Yes, very hungry. The food smells really delicious."
 

"Annyeonghasaeyo!" Jonghyun came out of his room to greet Keiko along with Key. "I heard you live right upstairs, I was wondering how you arrived so quickly."
 

"Wow, jjinja?" Minho's eyes became enlarged.
 

"Yes, it's true...where's Jinki?"
 

"Don't worry he's freshening up, but he doesn't know you're here." Taemin mentioned.
 

"Oh I see." Keiko's voice trailed off and felt nervous and wondered why he didn't know she was there and wondered why they hadn't told him.
 

"Well you can have a seat while we're waiting. In the meantime I'll set the table," said Key. "Hyung we're waiting on you to eat dinner!" Key yelled from their dinner area.
 

Storming out of his room, and appearing to look lost he said, "I can't find my-" Silenced quicky filled the room and Keiko's eyes weren't prepared for what they were about to see when Jinki stepped out his room. She felt herself becoming hot and bothered, but yet embarrassed for staring and admiring what her eyes had seen.