A Positive Free Spirit

Jinki's New Girlfriend

"Onew hyung wants to see you, he has something for you." Minho told Keiko.


"Jjinja? Thank you I'll go see what it is." She said nervously. She wasn't sure what it was he wanted but she knew she was going to begin to feel uncomfortable again after that nightmare she rose from late this morning.


As she began walking through the corridors of the building she finally ran into Onew, anticipating on why he wanted to meet with her briefly. "Annyeonghasaeyo!" Jinki spoke nervously as he quickly bowed.


"Annyeonghasaeyo...I, I heard wanted to see me."


"Oh yeah. Follow me, I have something for you." He began to lead her into the conference room where they had their lite breakfast. "Here you go. I sensed since you weren't here early you didn't eat." He told he picking up her donut and coffee and handed it to her.


"Awww thank you so much you shouldn't have."


"It's no problem. It's going to be a long day..." He said as his voice trailed off.


"Are you okay? Did you sleep well enough?"


"Kinda but not really. I had a lot on my mind."


"Oh I see. The same here, except I had a terrible dream." She was referring to the dream she had about but didn't want to go into detail.


"Yeah, well I guess it's going to be a long tough day for the both of us." Jinki sighed.


"It'll go just fine, just relax and keep a positive attitude and everything will turn out just fine. If you ever need to talk to me about anything just let me know. I don't want to see you stressed." Keiko wanted befriend him, and didn't want to be viewed as a stranger.


"Thanks Keiko, I'll keep that in mind. I should get going so you can eat in peace. Sorry for bothering you." Jinki began to head towards the door but was stopped by Keiko holding onto his arm.


"Jinki, I mean Onew... What's wrong? Please talk to me. I don't want to see you like this." Keiko decided to make herself comfortable around Jinki.


"Nothing I'm fine."


"Jinki I know something's bothering you, and I'd like for you to tell me. You know people can't work well when they have a lot on their minds or feel drained."


Jinki was surprised and thrown off when Keiko called him Jinki for a second time. He missed being called Jinki. Most of all he miss being Jinki instead of Onew. "I guess you're right." He took a set next to her and started off by saying, "Lately we've been working long, restless hours before you began working with, and now it seems like we're going to working ten times harder since we have an upcoming tour." He paused for a second and checked his surroundings before he continued, and whispered, "And this company sets our schedules for us 3 months in advance so we can not change our schedules, even when we're sick, so I try my best not to show it and when that happens I end up ill in the hospital. And as hard as we work and the many awards we receive, Lee Sooman still doesn't think it's good enough. Then we have maintain this well rounded image at all times because no matter what we do, we're bein gsupervised. I just want to go back to being Jinki and not Onew. This is not what I signed up for. Please don't tell anyone I told you this, please." It was the first time he'd ever expressed his feelings to someone, especially to a young girl who had been much younger than him, but as far as he could see, she listened wel. It was rare he ever expressed his feelings to anyone, not , and not even his mother. He didn't want to be a bother to s and he never wanted to worry his mother.


"Wow Jinki...wow... I had no idea you felt this way. I really wouldn't have worked for this company if I knew this is what they were about. You know I've heard stories about you that I'm not sure are true but they all seem to add up about why you were sent to the hospital or about you fainting during performance. It really worried me and make me think of your health. I really hope some time soon not only you but everyone who work for the company receives a break from this fast pace lifestyle. Your secret is safe with me. And I hope you don't mind me calling you Jinki. I just prefer using your real name instead of that name you've been given."
Ignoring her detailed response about his his health he replied. "That's fine with me. I'd rather you call me by my real name and not my stage name because I'm not Onew, I'm Jinki." He didn't want to bother her anymore with his past or previous experiences.


"Well Jinki, I think we should keep a close eye on each other and work well together. It would be great for you to express your feelings often and not keeping your life experiences, whether positive or negative bottled up inside. Talk to your members and parents."


"I would but-"


"But what? You're the leader of a group and expected to carry everyone's weight on your shoulders, but what about you? Have they considered how you feel? You should think about that. I can see that you're a very generous, considerate, and maybe even fragile, but there are times when you should put yourself first."


Without hesitating Jinki replied,"You're right. I mean Key has told me the same thing but I never really thought about it until I heard from another person." He felt relieved.


"Are you ready to get your day started with a positive attitude? That's the only way to make it through the day." Keiko asked.


"Yeah I guess." Jinki seemed too unsure but he adored Keiko's positive spirits that lifted the weight of his shoulders. Not only did he find her attractive but adored her personality despite the first time they met.


"You don't sound too sure about that but we'll see. How about a hug to make you feel better?" She decided to step out of her comfort zone to get closer to him. She couldn't believe she offered him a hug and he accepted it, but what made her feel special was that she got Jinki to do something he's never done before; that was to open up to her about his experiences and to put a smile on his face. She loved to see him smile and she decided from here on out she'd do anything to make him smile. She believed he appeared to be the handsomest and most free spirited individual when he was smiling and was well aware his fans would see the same thing.