Confidence Is What You Need!

Jinki's New Girlfriend

A/N: Thank You to my sweet subscribers! And did you guys enjoy SHINee's new Comeback Teaser? Jinki looks so handsome right?! MVPS are winning right now because our man is back ;)

Anways, do me a favor and enjoy this chapter! <3

 

"Whether she heard you or not just keep it down. I encountered, "the unexpected" with Keiko, although it felt good." He stated leaving everyone in wonder purposely. The members had wondered about their hyungs spontaneous behavior ever since he got done with talking to Keiko alone.


"Woah, woah, woah hyung, what do you mean, "the unexpected"? This better be something serious." Jonghyun stepped in. He felt it was his place to know what interactions he had with Keiko since he's had dating experience in the past.


"Hyung what are you talking about?" Minho stuck his neck out as his eyes became enlarged.


Laughing hysterically Jinki then began, "I got you guys!" 


"Yah don't things like that!" Key nudged his hyung forcefully.


"You're lying, why would you be acting like this. Be truthful, something went down between you two." Jonghyun wrapped his hand around Jinki's throat and pretended to choke him in order to get the truth out while they both laughed. 

 Everyone had been loud and caused a roomful of commotion causing Keiko and their Manager to end the conversation abruptly so they could move on with their day. "What's all the commotion? You all seem excited about today." Their manager butted in, unaware that this moment was more exciting than going to practice for their stage set up.


"Oh it's nothing, just that hyung and Keiko were just-" Jonghyun had been cut of by leader with a fist to the abdomen.


"What is? I wanna get in on this too."


Gasping for air Jonghyun and clutching on to the area of pain, he quickly shook his and said, "Oh...it's nothing..."


"Come guys what's news I wanna get in on it." The manager begged and the room had been filled with silence as each member eyes darted across the room in different directions. "Oh I get it now, not something you guys want to discuss out loud I see." Everyone nodded their heads in agreement and headed towards the van.


"So do you want to tell us about what happened?" Key nagged. "I know something happened between the two of you, otherwise, why would you make such a statement unknowingly?"


"Key you're annoying...please."


Continuing to nag purposefully to get an answer, Key whined, "Why are getting irritable so suddenly?" 


"Because you keep asking me questions." Jinki shifted around in his seat, crossed his arms, rested his head in the head rest and closed him eyes.


Mumbling he told him, "Terrible excuse..." Key teeth and crossed his legs.


"Hyung did Keiko put the moves on you?" Jonghyun asked loudly.


"What are talking about? It's not even like that." He tried to asked innocently.

 
" "You know"...wait hyung don't tell me you're not a anymore! You got a quckie?!" Jonghyun instigated just to blow, what may seem to be a small situation to Jinki, out of proportion.


"What is this "interrogate hyung" time? If you guys really think I'd do something that low, then suit yourself." 


"Hyung we're just curious since you made us think such naughty thoughts." Taemin stated in a mild manner trying to cool the situation. He wasn't up for the controversy.


"Do you really want to know what happened?"


"Just tell us already!" Key nagged.


"Well you know Keiko and I had an awkward relationship to begin with right? But today I told about some personal things that on you guys know. And she even hugged me."


-"Wow jjinja?"
-"Why'd she hug you?"
-"What kind of personal things?" He was asked from left to right.


"Well we just started talking and for her to be as young as she is, she's pretty mature and sensed something wasn't right as far as my attitude towards work sometimes. She called me by real name and even hugged me. It was a little uncomfortable but I liked it."


"Woah that's cool! I mean don't feel uncomfortable, she only wants to get to know you better and be a good friend." Jonghyun said. 


"Yeah and I know sooner or later you'll want a girlfriend, just keep her around. You two may end up becoming closer in the future." 


"Yeah I guess." Jinki sounded unsure.


"What do you mean you guess? You should give it a try to be friends first then... You see where it goes from there." Taemin added.


"Guys I'm not sure." Jinki didn't sound confident.


"Hyung you need confidence." Key said. And coming from someone good looking he knew that was all he needed.


"Yeah, you're good looking, you can sing, and you've got swag. Now where's the confidence?" Jonghyun said checking his hyungs face and used his hands to feel his face.


"I mean thanks for the compliment but I'm surrounded by a bunch of other good looking guys as well, so who knows the probability of my chances with her." Jinki felt a bit inferior even thought he was good looking.


"Seriously?! Are you really saying that right now?" Key snapped at the leaders negative thoughts. "You're one of Korea's most popular leaders and you can have anyone you want with the looks, and popularity and your voice. You'd win over her heart."


"Well I guess you're right. I am a noona killer." He joked around and felt a bit more confident. Although what Key had said was true, he wanted Keiko to like for Jinki and not Onew, but even he thought the longer they're acquainted with one another, the real Jinki would show striking with confidence.


"Hyung you stress yourself out too much, especially over the most simplest things." Minho added.


"I know I do."


"Maybe she'll change you in a positive way. She'll be there when you need her kind of person." Jonghyun told him trying make him feel better and it seemed to work.


"Yeah I think so too. When we were talking she made really thoughtful remarks regarding my attitude towards work since I didn't sleep well last night. I know I usually don't perform well when I don't get enough rest and she just gave off positive energy, just what I needed. It seems like she knows me so well but don't."


"Maybe she analyzed you before she got the job. She said she's a fan and you're her favorite but you may have confused her when you treated her differently when we first met her," said Key.


"Key must you go into depth with your thoughts?" Jonghyun bothered to ask.


"What I'm just saying, and besides, what were you two doing alone anyways? I never got to ask."


"I..." Jinki felt a little embarrassed and didn't know how to let it out. "I had to give her something."


"Yeah you did say that what did you give her." Minho asked wondering why he relayed the message to Keiko without knowing what the leader had planned on his own.


"Since she had came late I assumed she hadn't eaten breakfast so I saved her some coffee and a donut."


"Oh look at you making the first move. You're already getting off to a great start. If you can do that then you have nothing else to worry about." Jonghyun snickered.


"And you're claiming you don't have the confidence. To me, my friend that's confidence, even though it was something so simple, it's a little out of your character to do something like that for a girl because, you my dear leader is what I consider to be shy." Key precisely annotated. "As far as I know she better than that no good, digging ."


"Key watch your mouth, so inappropriate." Jonghyun nagged.


"You're right Key, she is, but never mention that presence again." The leader spoke sternly at the fact that he was reminded of what he had been through. 


"Wow...I never expected such words to come out your mouth!" Minho exclaimed while Jonghyun snickered silently, knowing the leader now had a back bone from his past relationship.


"Sorry Taemin for the explicit language but it had to be said." Jinki apologized for the ruthless language but not for the way he felt.

 

As they all discussed Jinki's situation during the ride, they listened to some music to kill time before they arrived at the concert hall. "Wait we're not doing costume changes are we?" Taemin questioned.


"Not that I know of, why?" Jinki asked back.
 

"Then why did Keiko have to be in today?"
 

"Well she has to know how prepare out wardrobe setup for when perform songs with different concepts I guess," stated Jonghyun with and unsure response.
 

"Alright let's get inside boys." Their manager told them as the followed behind along with Keiko.
 

"So is this your first time having a job like this?" Jonghyun asked Keiko. He was a chatter box and just wanted to get more out of her for Jinki.
 

"Yeah, it's truly a blessing. And I am vey thankful."
 

"Well I'm glad to hear. We're going to working on our stage setup and whatnot. Are you excited to hear us perform live? You're our only audience member."
 

"Of course, it's like a dream come true."
 

"Who are you looking forward to seeing perform, out of all of us?" Taemin asked putting her on the spot.
 

"Well I like all of you, so that's a hard question." Keiko's hated choosing between people.
 

"Well if you had to choose, who would it be?" Key asked, hitting that she may just say she's looking forward to seeing the leader.
 

Maybe I should see their reaction if I say a name randomly. "Hmm...I'd have to say..." She hesitated for a while. "Jonghyun." 

They began to believe this wasn't a good idea. The leaders confidence meter fell once again and they were all for sure she'd say his name but this wasn't the end yet, according to Keiko.