Phone Call

Shattered Hearts

 

Junsu woke up with arms warped around him like blanket that provided him with warmness and feel of security..
 
It isn't the first time he woke up in this state.. In fact it's everyday..
 
You wonder why?..
 
Well it's because Jaejoong noticed Junsu always has nightmare every night.. Thus whenever Junsu having nightmare Jaejoong will came to calm him down and coax him to fall a sleep again.. 
 
Jaejoong somehow found that hugging Junsu is the most effective way to calm the younger man and put him to sleep.. Eventually Jaejoong will also fell asleep after that and they always end up sleeping with Junsu warped inside Jaejoong's warm embrace..
 
It's Like how your mother calm her kid.. Or like little kid being protected by his protective mature older brother.. Well at least that's what Junsu feel it's like being hugged by Jaejoong to sleep..
 
One day Jaejoong stated that they should just sleep in one room.. Of course the younger man protested at first.. He isn't little child who need to looked after 24/7 like how the older man treat him.. But alas, Jaejoong already made a decision and that made Junsu sulking for whole day..
 
Junsu looked at Jaejoong's sleeping figure.. He traced the older man's face with his finger.. He stopped a little when the other man move a bit.. Before continued what he did before..
 
Jaejoong is too beautiful to be true.. Perfect jaw, pointed nose, thick and sharp eyebrows, plum red lips and especially those big round eyes.. Jaejoong is too perfect..
 
While Junsu.. Who he is to compete with someone as perfect as Jaejoong..
 
"Why can't I be like you hyung?.. Desired by everyone.. Loved by everyone.." He whispered softly.. "Did you know how much I want to be you?.. Someone who is perfect"
 
Junsu sighed before retreated his hand and unwrapped the arms surrounding him.. He stretched his body slightly as soon as his feet landed on cold floor surface..
 
He immediately headed to the bathroom.. Today finally Jaejoong allowed him to back to the work.. Since he need to fully prepared for his upcoming solo album already.. 
 
Which mean involving dance and singing practice.. He is excited.. Especially since he managed to compose few song while be quarantined by Jaejoong inside the later flat.. He is very excited to show the company his new song..
 
---
 
Music flow through his body.. He let the music lead his body.. Mind taken away to it's own world.. No more worries, no more sadness..
 
He is free to be himself in his own world..
 
That's how he feel whenever he is dancing.. And that's also why he love dancing so much..
 
Sound of ringing phone stopped his movement.. He went to pick up his phone.. There is a message from Jaejoong..
 
"Junsu-ah.. It's time for lunch already.. Don't forget to eat.. Wait, send me picture for you eating.. Hyung doesn't trust you, you know.. :).."
 
Junsu raised an eyebrow.. Well he didn't notice it's lunch time already.. He's been dancing all the times as soon as he reach the practice room and forgot about the time completely..
 
He put his phone back into his bag, decided to ignore Jaejoong's text and continue what he did before..
 
Soon after his phone ringing again.. Junsu decided to ignore the ringing sound, knowing that it's most probably Jaejoong who called because he didn't text the later back.. But the phone keep ringing stubbornly..
 
"Aish.. This hyung is really noisy.." He grunted before marched his way toward his bag which sat at the corner of four wall brown room, with one of the wall costumed into a full window wall.. Well it's dance studio after all..
 
He almost reached his bag when the stubborn ringing sound stopped.. He shrugged and went back to his earlier spot on the middle of the room.. Finally Jaejoong gave up, Junsu tought..
 
Oh how wrong he was.. Not long after the figure of Jaejoong emerged into the room.. He stood near the door.. Arms crossed before his white shirt cladded chest, he look pretty angry..
 
"Why you didn't answer my phone Kim Junsu?" His voice is stern.. Like how older people scolding naughty child..
 
Junsu smile sheepishly at Jaejoong..
 
"Don't just smile.. Answer me.. And did you eat yet?"
 
"Aigoo.. I'm not a little child.. Okay hyung.. You didn't need to look after me 24/7.." Junsu didn't even remember how many times he said this words to Jaejoong these past days..
 
"Did you eat yet?" Asked Jaejoong again, voice still as stern as before.. Completely ignoring what Junsu said before..
 
Junsu just shrugged.. "Not yet.. I'm not hungry yet..".. He started to move his body again softly against the music..
 
His movement halted once again when a hand hold his arm and pulled him..
 
"And you said you aren't child when you act like one.." Jaejoong grunted..
 
Junsu just rolled his eyes and let Jaejoong dragged him.. He know he won't able to do anything agains the older man anyway..
 
Well Jaejoong even went through the trouble to get here just to make sure Junsu eat..
 
Warmness spread inside Junsu.. Unconsciously small smile graced Junsu's face..
 
-----
 
Jaejoong looked at the picture of Junsu stuffed himself with fried chicken on his phone.. The later just sent the picture to him.. Junsu always sent his photo eating to Jaejoong everyday.. Probably tired having Jaejoong around nagging when he didn't do so..
 
He laughed at how cute the photo is.. Junsu is doing better lately.. He obviously gained some weight and looks healthier..
 
But Jaejoong noticed that something is still wrong.. Smiles hasn't return to that once always bright face yet.. Even if Junsu smile it never reached his eyes.. And he keep those poker face.. He just let it off when he think nobody is watching him.. But Jaejoong saw it..
 
Jaejoong also noticed how Junsu's expression will change before he put poker face again whenever he talked about Yoochun or when Yoochun called..
 
He sometimes offered if Junsu want to talk with Yoochun.. But he always refused.. Whenever Jaejoong asked Yoochun if something is wrong between the two of them, Yoochun will answer nothing is wrong and averted the conversation..
 
Well something is definitely wrong between them.. And Jaejoong didn't know.. Probably the break up caused all of this..
 
They said to Jaejoong that the break up was because they feel like they better of as friends.. And what their feeling for each other wasn't actual love.. Just brotherly love..
 
Obviously there is something's more into that..
 
Jaejoong want to know more.. But he didn't has the right to pry into other people's problem.. Even though those two he considered as his own brother already..
 
-----
 
Letting his fingers dancing on the piano, Junsu hummed the melodies following the one the piano produce.. Trying to familiarized himself with the new song he just got..
 
His phone which settled on top of the black piano blinking..
 
He stopped playing the piano and let one od his hand to reach his cellphone..
 
'Who's calling?'
 
His heart beat faster when he read the name that displayed on the phone screen..
 
'Why is he calling me?' He asked to no one..
 
"Hello.." Junsu greeted..
 
'Hi..' The voice from the other end of the line responded..
 
Junsu heart beat even more faster than before when he heard those voice.. It's been quite long since he heard those voice.. And he really missing those deep voice.. Especially the owner of the voice..
 
"What's the matter Yoochun?.. Why you call me?"
 
'W-well.. It's been quite long since we last talked to each other.. How are you doing?..'
 
What is this?.. Why suddenly Yoochun called him and actually asking about him.. Did he missing Junsu like Junsu missing him to?
 
"Hmm.. Well I'm fine.. How about you?."
 
'I'm good too..' 
 
"Good to hear that.." Silence.. 
 
'Junsu..'
 
"Yes?.."
 
'I-I want to ask you something..'
 
"Well, spill it.."
 
'Have you ever tell something to Jaejoongie hyung about us?..'
 
"No.. Why you ask so?.."
 
'Hm nothing.. Jaejoongie hyung asked me few times about what happen to us since you look sad.. He probably just assuming that it has something to do with me..'
 
"Well probably so.. He is wrong.. It's nothing.. I'm okay.."
 
'Well glad to know that.. He sound really worried about you.. You should tell him to not be worry.. He gonna stressed himself for nothing.. That hyung always care too much for people..'
 
Junsu feel his heart clenched painfully inside of him.. He can't take this anymore.. He doesn't want to hear more than this..
 
"Yes.. I need to go now.. Bye.."
 
'Bye'..
 
The call ended..
 
"Stupid Junsu.. You actually believed for few seconds that he called because he is missing you.. Who are you kidding to.. You are nothing to him.." He chuckled bitterly to his own self..  He feel so stupid for keep letting Yoochun break hos heart again and again..
 
He didn't even ask why Jaejoong said he look sad.. And just worried if Jaejoong gonna be stressed because worrying over Junsu..
 
Junsu suppressed the tears that threatening to spill from his eyes.. "Not again Junsu.. You shouldn't cry for him again.. You are man for goodness sake.. Man didn't cry as much like you do.." He reminded himself again..
 
Took a deep breath.. He closed his eyes.. Once again let his fingers dance against piano's keyboard.. Let himself drowned to the sad song the piano produced..
 
 
------
 
A/n : I swear.. This story supposed to be fluff story with a little pinch of angst.. Hahaha