Back to Happy time?

Shattered Hearts

 

So the second option won by two votes.. Hahaha.. This chapter mean to show what will happen with the second option.. :)
 
-----
 
It's eerie quiet inside the four white walled room.. No one make any sound.. No one make any move.. Just the sounds of their breathing and clock ticked filled the room make the waiting feel longer that it should be..
 
Up and down..
 
Jaejoong focused his stare on Junsu's chest as it move up and down in steady rhythms.. The other looks very peaceful like he is in a deep slumber..
 
The doctor said that Junsu got a concussion..
 
It's been an hours and the other still refuse to wake up.. Jaejoong could do nothing except of sitting beside him and waiting for the pair of tadpole eyes to be opened patiently while holding the other's limp hand in his..
 
Yoochun who sit at the corner also stay silent for the whole time.. 
 
It's until the hand inside his grasp moving slightly making him jolt in surprise.. He immediately press the button to call the nurse and informed about Junsu's condition before just stay there and trailed his stare to the other's face.. Heart filled with hope..
 
The eyes fluttered open..
 
Surge of relief run through Jaejoong's body.. He immediately stand up when the pair of eyes finally opened fully, indicating the other is finally conscious..
 
"Oh baby, you finally wake up.." He said.. Before he could stop himself, he rained the other with fold of question, losing his composed manner just now.. "How do you feel?.. Are you okay?.. Do you feel thirsty?.. You want something?.."
 
Junsu face looked as if he still in haze.. He blinked his eyes few times before finally speaking..
 
"Hyung?.. Where is this?.. Where is Chunnie?.."
 
Hyung.. The word ring an alarm in  his head.. It's long used already.. So does Chunnie.. Junsu never called them that anymore.. So when the words leave the other's lips, it come as a shock for him, probably so does with the man who is at the corner considering the other was about to left the room, but his movement halted when Junsu spoke..
 
He shake the thought away from his head.. Maybe Junsu isn't fully conscious yet..
 
"You bump your head to the railing when you fell Su.. So you got unconscious for a while.." He the other's hair gently.. He paused for awhile before continued.. "And Yoochun is over there.." Jaejoong pointed his finger to the man at the corner half heartedly.. Junsu eyes move following the direction he pointed to..
 
"Chunnie.. Why do you stand over there?.." Confusion is still clear written on Junsu's face..
 
Chunnie again.. Something is really strange here.. Jaejoong got this funny feeling inside his stomach.. And it's not good..
 
Jaejoong looked at Yoochun's direction as the later awkwardly scratching the back of his head.. He look confused and at lost.. Probably he think the same thing with Jaejoong now..
 
"What's wrong Chunnie?.." Confusion obviously laced in Junsu's voice..
 
"Baby.. Do you remember why you fall down?.." He asked, catching Junsu's attention once again.. He stare into Junsu's eyes as the later finally once again has his eyes on him..
 
Junsu shook his head.. "Why?.." He asked back instead.. Eyes reflecting pure confusion and curiosity..
 
Jaejoong can feel his heartbeat race faster.. His mind chanting silent prayers wishing what he think right now is wrong..
 
Taking a big gulp of breath he finally asked.. "Do you know what date is today.."
 
Junsu gave confusion look as if asking why Jaejoong as such question.. But he answered it nonetheless.. "8?.."
 
"What month and year?.."
 
"January 2009?.. Why?"
 
The world seems to stop moving for Jaejoong.. Eerie silence once again filled the white room like a thick wall..
 
He tried to open his mouth to say something, but his brain doesn't manage to produce any word to say.. He doesn't even know what to think..
 
Sound of the door opened broke the silence.. He glanced and see a nurse and doctor make their entrance.. The doctor begin to talk something with Junsu, which he doesn't bother to register into his mind and checking on Junsu..
 
"Jaejoong-sshi?.." Someone called him, and it wake him up from his stuppor.. It's the doctor who called him..
 
"Y-yes?.." Jaejoong answered, he startled a little..
 
"Follow me.." The doctor said.. They then make their way out.. Leaving only Junsu and Yoochun inside the room..
 
When he and the doctor finally seated inside the doctor's office, the later immediately inform him about Junsu condition.. Amenesia and forget some years of his life which is one year and half for Junsu.. It isn't like Jaejoong didn't guess it yet..
 
One day the memories might be comeback, even though there isn't any saying when it'll be, either it's next day, next week or next year.. But there always a chance it won't ever comeback..
 
Jaejoong has his shoulder slumped as he make his way back to the room where two of s at.. Some part of him doesn't want to go in.. Some part of him tell to go in..
 
Why should something like this happen when everything seems to be start to fall for it right place for the two of them..
 
Taking deep breath he finally found the will to open the door that separated him away from the reality inside..
 
He saw Yoochun is standing beside Junsu's bed.. Jaejoong couldn't see the later's face, but from the voice alone he can say that the other is confused with Yoochun's action who keep apologizing with guilty face..
 
"Why are you apologizing chunnie?.." He heard Junsu asked..
 
"I-I'm sorry that suddenly I got angry and that blinded me.. It's because I.."
 
"He feel sorry because you guys argue before you fell Su.." Jaejoong cut Yoochun's words deliberately as he step inside the room..
 
"Hyung.." Junsu and Yoochun chorused and turned their gaze yo his direction together.. It probably will be a adorable sight for him long ago.. But not now..
 
He tried his best to curl up his lips to form a smile.. But it's hard to do so..
 
"How you feel Su?.."
 
"Hmm.. I'm okay hyung.. I feel nothing at all.. Just a little bit dizzy.." Junsu sent a sweet smile to his direction.. It helped him a little to form a smile after seeing that smile..
 
"It's good then.." He said with a smile..
 
"What the doctor talk with you hyung?.." Junsu asked curiously.. "Can I go home already?.."
 
"Well.. Yes, you just need to do some test and you can go home immediately.." Jaejoong answered.. He saw how Junsu's face lit up when he know he can go home soon..
 
"But.."
 
"But what?.."
 
"I need to tell you that.. You got amnesia Su.."
 
Junsu's eyes widen with shock.. "Amnesia?!.."
 
Jaejoong sighed and nodded.. "Yes Su.. Now is July 2010 already.."
 
"You are kidding me hyung.. Aigoo.. I know you guys like to tease me.. But I'm not that stupid to believe it.." Junsu said before laughing his famous eukyangkyang laugh..
 
"It's true.." This time it's Yoochun who said in low tone..
 
Junsu immediately turned his head to Yoochun's direction.. "Chunnie.. Not you too.." Junsu's words dying each word, he look back and forth between him and Yoochun..
 
He probably notice their serious face.. Jaejoong saw how the glow on the other's eyes dimmed.. "Are you guys being serious now?.. It isn't funny.."
 
"As much as I feel sorry to inform you this, but you should know the truth about your condition Su.. You lost the memories from one and half year.." He informed the other..
 
Junsu hand move slowly until it reach Yoochun's hand who stand beside him and grab onto it, as if asking for some strength to digest the information.. Yoochun on the other hand just stay still do nothing..
 
The action didn't went unnoticed by Jaejoong.. In fact it look like a slow motion in his eyes.. He turned his head away to not look at it..
 
"So.. What I missed.. I mean is there any important event that I suppose to remember?.." Junsu asked in low voice.. He sound like lost puppy..
 
 
Jaejoong doesn't feel recite what happened for these past one and half years.. But he know he has to do it.. It's better him that those media who told Junsu..
 
Taking a deep breath for the nth times that day, Jaejoong took his time to talk.. "Su.. You need to know.. Dbsk is already over.. We split up.." He explained in slowest pace possible to break the news gently..
 
Junsu didn't say anything.. He doesn't give a single respond.. Face completely blank like his soul just out of his body.. But from the corner his eyes, Jaejoong caught how the smaller man clutch on Yoochun's hand tighter..
 
Maybe he is used to Junsu cling on him already.. Or maybe it's just jealously.. All he know is the sight isn't appealing for him at the least.. He is holding at his very will not just march there, and pulled those hands apart..
 
Another silence blanketed the room again.. It's thick and uncomfortable..
 
"Why?.." Junsu voiced softly..
 
It's one simple question.. But it ask for everything.. And it need a long explanation until the question is answered completely..
 
Jaejoong doesn't know where to start, where to stop and what to say..
 
"Well you know, we finally fed up with the company and made up our mind to go out together.. I.. It's long story Junsu.. I think we'll explain it to you later Su.. When the condition is better.. It will to much to explain you everything.. But.." Jaejoong took a few seconds before continued.. "But you must know three of us still in a one group.. While Yunho and Changmin still are Dong Bang Shin Ki.."
 
"So we aren't together anymore?.."Junsu asked.. His eyes tinted with sadness..
 
Urge to gather the small man's inside his arms to comfort the other like how he always does these pass months is creeping onto him..
 
"Yes.."
 
"So that's why Yunho hyung and Changmin aren't here?.."
 
Another yes as an answer..
 
Another silence..
 
The silence is like before, still awkward.. But despite the awkwardness making it feel uncomfortable.. Somehow it make he relieved because no more question asked for the meantime, even though the meantime is very short..
 
"What happened to you and Yunho hyung then?.."
 
Junsu probably afraid to made him feel sad by asking the question.. But the smaller man is too curious to not asking.. He can see it from Junsu's eyes..
 
"It's over Su.." He offered a smlie to ensure that he is okay and the question doesn't make him feel bad at all.. Because indeed it doesn't affect him at all now..
 
But Junsu still look sad for him..
 
"I'm sorry hyung.."
 
"Nah it's okay.. I'm fine.." Jaejoong said again with smile.. But Junsu doesn't look convinced at all.. Well maybe his smile isn't sincere enough.. But little did Junsu know that it isn't about Yunho but about him..
 
"So.." Junsu dragged his word a little and turned to look at Yoochun nervously.. "What about us?.."
 
Yoochun stared blankly at the smaller man.. It need some time before he opened his mouth..
 
But before Yoochun can say anything.. Once again he interrupted it.. Cutting it before Yoochun can say anything..
 
"Of course you guy are fine.. What.. I mean what can happen to you guys.." He faked a smile.. And he hope it doesn't look as fake as his words..
 
Seeing the smallest man face lit up a little erase that worry of him though.. He see as sense of relief wash the smallest man's face over the small information..
 
Yoochun is sending him questioning look.. But he ignored it.. Just like how he ignored Yoochun's whole existence for these past days..
 
Yoochun want to say something again.. But once again it's interrupted.. Not because of him.. But because of the sound of door being opened..
 
He immediately turned his body and bowed deep in order to greet Junsu's parents who finally arrive..
 
He called them before and they just flew here even though they were at Jeju when he called.. He always envy their deep love and care for each other..
 
They treasure their family so much.. Maybe that's why Junsu grow up as a precious person..
 
Junsu's mother immediately hugged her son and cupped his son face after greeting back.. Examining her son with full concern..
 
"Omonim, abonim.. Me and Yoochun will excuse ourself first.. I'm going to grab something to eat at canteen first.. Do you guys want something.." He asked politelyzz
 
"It's okay Jaejoong.. Just go and eat.."
 
Jaejoong see Junsu turned to look at Yoochun.. Still clinging onto the other's hand..
 
"Chunnie.. I'm hungry too, bring me something okay.." He said with puppy tone from him..
 
Yoochun just nodded before he freed his arm from Junsu's grip..
 
Frown marring Junsu's forehead for a split second.. But it disappear as soon as it appears and his whole face changed into bright expression again..
 
"We'll excuse ourselves then abonim, omonim.." Jaejoong bowed once again to the elders, before making his way out from te room, tailed by Yoochun..
 
"Why you did that hyung?.." Yoochun asked as soon there are just two of them at the hallway..
 
Letting out aq quite sigh, he said.. "Let's talk at other place.."
 
Jaejoong lead Yoochun to the hospital's park.. It's quiet deserted because normally patient didn't get out to take a walk at night..
 
They make their way and sit on one of the bench..
 
"Before I answered you question.. You must tell me first what happened until you punched Junsu?.." He asked.. His voice is icy cold, just like his expression.. Indicating that he is angry..
 
Even though it come with some stuttered voice.. Yoochun managed to tell everything to him..
 
"He acted too nice to me.. And somehow it just made me feel worse than I already am.. Like I'm a really total jerk.. So the feeling somehow led into anger and blinded my eyes.. And unintentionally I hit him out of anger.." Yoochun said.. His voice sound heavy with guilt and regret.. "I hate myself for never able to control my emotion and action.."
 
"Yes you are really a jerk.." Jaejoong said.. Not caring at all of Yoochun will hurt by it.. He deserve it..
 
It's good already Jaejoong didn't punch the man into pulp just because he know if something happen to Yoochun.. Then Junsu will get upset.. Because at this point Junsu is back to his self who is Yoochun's boyfriend.. And probably love the other dearly..
 
Pain clutched his into his heart when he think that Junsu doesn't remember what they had at all.. And probably once again thinking of him just a hyung..
 
"I think we need to keep what happened between us.. You and his broke up, me and his relationship, and everything.." His heart feel heavy when saying it.. But he managed to say it wholly..
 
"Why?.."
 
Another why question.. Why he need to explain everything tonight even though he himself isn't sure what to do and what to feel right now..
 
"I.. I think the news will be too unbearable for him to take at once.. And I.. I just doesn't want him to experienced the same pain once again.."
 
Silence.. Why silence always come to them..
 
"I just don't want him to hurt.. I don't want to see him sad ever again.. Didn't you see his eyes.. It's back to it's innocence once again.. It isn't tainted by the deep hurt yet.. I think it's better for him to know nothing.. He look happier this way.."
 
Small smile appeared on Jaejoong's face.. He look a little bot dreamy when he said Junsu look happier.. But somehow it's a sad sight to look..
 
They said that true love allow you to sacrifice for the person you love's happiness.. And that's what he is doing..
 
It's better to see the other happy from the sideline as an older brother even if it may pained him.. Than having the other to remember all the pain he ever went through..
 
"But what if his memories back?.."
 
It's funny that half of him wish that will be happen the very next second while another part of him will never happen.. But that's how he really feel right now..
 
"Let time answered what will happen by then.. But I ask you a favor.. Treat him nicely.. It's your fault, and you need to fix it.. I won't forgive you if anything bad happen to him again.."
 
He can see sadness and pity shined from Yoochun's eyes toward him..